Photo-Me International Reviews | Glassdoor

Photo-Me International Deputy Chairman and CEO Serge Crasnianski
Serge Crasnianski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Horrific"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Bolton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Bolton, England (UK)

I worked at Photo-Me International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

What kept me there was my colleagues and working with them made it bareable

Cons

Management have no idea what they're doing, couldn't organise anything! Management didn't even have a clue what he was doing either I was there less than a yr and I saw him 3 maybe 4 times They had terrible training if you can call it training, lost plenty of regular customers due to their price hike of near enough everything we sold. Messed up by getting rid of veritek as they were trying to save money so hired their own employees to come and fix kiosks/printers, and basically didn't have a clue as they haven't got the knowledge. Very unorganised, to have made everyone redundant within a few days of getting a letter about 'possible redundancies!' Have no rappor with customers. Instead of keeping them open for a few days longer to give staff the chance to phone customers to collect their orders they just completely shut everything down within the next day of having a redundancy consultation over the phone! NOT In person. Absolutely appalling company to work for! Ruined a job I actually enjoyed too especially before Christmas!

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff! If they're telling you or giving you knowledge because a lot of them moved from asda they know about the retail business unlike you!!!

2. "Company has a knack for hiring bitter middle aged women"

Former Employee - Customer Assistant in Tamworth, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Assistant in Tamworth, England (UK)

I worked at Photo-Me International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Regional manager was nice, comfortable work environment

Cons

Poor training that I felt was almost deliberate, hostile, miserable staff and stupid policy of not showing prices to customers

Advice to Management

Hire more friendly, less hostile staff

"AVOID !"

I worked at Photo-Me International full-time

Pros

The colleagues I worked with and the support from my team leader, also the regular customers.

Cons

Awful company who have just made hundreds of people redundant due to their incompetent management of the photo centre business !
    From being told by area manager to lie on my contract to hr, to the total lack of communication from head office downwards this company is one to avoid !
    Their treatment of staff working at their manned photo centres is appalling especially with regards to the closure of these centres.
    I cannot stress strongly enough..... Avoid them !

Advice to Management

Apologise to those who have now lost their jobs due to the incompetence of head office and senior management and actually make sure we are all paid what we are owed

4. "Oh Dear what a bad venture for pmr lol"

Former Employee - Photo-me Team Leader
    Former Employee - Photo-me Team Leader

I worked at Photo-Me International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They eventually paid the wages

Cons

Merry Christmas to all of you poor souls who are about to loose your jobs-reduatancy sadly is comming to all of you.
    13 years experience down the drain, why because I like most asda staff were gullible and joined photo-me.
    Ruined my career so I'm glad it's going under. They all have no idea what they are doing or how to run it. Had they recuited from within upon take over with experienced staff things would have been different I'm sure.
    Anyway I would rate this incompetent joke of a company a big fat zero.
    If photo-me need any advice give me a shout ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP. Not

Advice to Management

Put your head in the stocks and let all the asda colleagues that you have taken for a ride, have a go

5. "Rubbish company you are treated like a number"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free passport photo every 10 years?

Cons

Rubbish company. NO PAY RISE for 3 years now! Engineers are being given more work every month. We now look after photo booths, kiddie rides, photo kiosks, coin operated washing machines, ASDA photo shops, launderettes.

Can't choose your company vehicle (what you drive all day and pay tax on) company go for the cheapest lease deal.

NO Health and Safety (been four different H&S managers in the past three years, they all keep leaving)

Don't pay over time and are expected to work beyond your contracted hours.

Management never answer emails they get ignored.

Company moral is low and people are scared to speak out/up as your seen as a trouble maker what puts a dot on your back and then your made to leave by being picked on.

NO career prospects can't move any where.

Advice to Management

Stop paying your self bonuses and giving your self pay rises and think about your engineers who are out in the field collecting the cash and keeping machines running!

6. "Core business good, retail is the problem"

Former Employee - Operations in Epsom, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Operations in Epsom, England (UK)

I worked at Photo-Me International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great bunch of people and new management seem to be doing a good job. I worked there for over 10 years and like any company - good days and bad days. They seem to making good changes and positive new developments.

Cons

The retail team which is new. Nobody seems to have a clue what to do and what's happening.

Advice to Management

Stick to existing plan and keep the communication from top down going. Pay rise would be nice! Reason I left.

7. "Shocking company"

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time

Pros

You are left alone the majority of the time

Cons

Area managers have got no idea what they are doing. The staff in photo centres are basically treated like a pa as area managers cant be bothered to contact stores in their cluster. When the area manager does bother to turn up he looks like a tramp in skinny jeans. They want you to sell things but wont pay out any money to get machines fixed and you get awful emails everyday asking why your takings arent as high as they should be. The whole company seems to be poorly managed and the only people that are benefitting from it are the area managers.

Advice to Management

Look for managers who actually know what they are doing and treat staff properly. I personally think they should cut their losses and sell to someone who knows what they are doing. There has been no bonus like promised and the latest incentive they have put on makes out they are doing us a favour. If they did want to do us a favour look into your rubbish area managers as they are the problem

8. "Absolute joke to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Photo-Me International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can’t really think of anything good about this company to be honest, apart from the colleagues are all friendly and helpful

Cons

Management no where to be seen, when they do show up not bothered about the employees spends the whole time looking at phone not interested in anything other than how much is in the till. The equipment is old and useless nothing works properly! Management does nothing to help the my just do not care!!! the engineers have no clue how to fix anything since getting rid of the previous company who would fix issues within days now you wait months for one thing to be sorted.
    HR waste of space make you feel like your putting them out when you ring.
    Oh and close your store down with no notice leaving people unemployed or expecting you to relocate down the county.

Advice to Management

Hire management who actually know how to do their job, hire people with compassion who cares about their staff! Reply to emails !! Sort the equipment out don’t just say nothing I can do about it what a joke.

9. "Avoid this company like the Plague"

Former Employee - Staff in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Staff in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Photo-Me International (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing what so ever )-: Horrid company to work for with terrible management

Cons

Absollutely terrible management who treat staff like slaves and rotten constantly

Advice to Management

sack all your selves ASAP

"Just a mess"

Former Employee - Photo Centre Retail Assistant in Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Photo Centre Retail Assistant in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I worked at Photo-Me International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As the stores are based in ASDA's the ASDA staff and security where very helpful and friendly.
    The visiting engineers are always helpful.

Cons

Long tedious shifts where the only things working in the store were the instant print kiosks. Work consisted of helping people use the machines and dealing with constant complaints as the machines broke/stole their money/refused to print.
    No support from management (I worked there for 4 months and never even met my manager face-to-face). The company specifically hired students and staff with no experience in management and refused to give us store/management training.
    I was trained in wet lab processing in my first two weeks but when I got to my store nothing was operational and we were later told that we would not be needing that service anymore.
    Complete lone work environment.
    The company clearly didn't expect moving to retail to be this difficult; the whole thing is a mess.

Advice to Management

Hire staff with management experience to run the stores. Invest in your workers. Bring back wet lab processing as there is a market for it in the area with the arts universities so close by.