PhotoHotel Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"great experience"

Current Employee - Photo Adviser in Crete, IL
    Current Employee - Photo Adviser in Crete, IL

I have been working at PhotoHotel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i discover myself throw photography and i get inspired by the places i visited and the people i meet during the time spend in Greece
    i discover that i am capabile of doing much more that i was thinking i can basicaly do
    i improve my languages skills and learn how to make myself be heard an most important i learn how to listen other people needs
    the photohotel experience is all about life skills and reziliance for stresfull situation that personaly i think is a good way of growing

Cons

in some periods of time i was missing my family and friends
    i was feeling stressful thinking i cant reach the targhet but i find the strenght to pass throw

Advice to Management

friendly team management and pedagogic spirit

"Great place to work"

I have been working at PhotoHotel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots to learn and a great environment to get out of your comfort zone. It's a good opportunity to travel. Pay is good. You go through a training before starting the job. Work- life balance is good. Leadership is understanding and flexible as long as you are getting your work done.

Cons

The work is stressful sometimes but this can motivate you to have better results.

"Super experience!"

Former Employee - Photo Advisor/Photographer in Palma de Mallorca (Spain)
    Former Employee - Photo Advisor/Photographer in Palma de Mallorca (Spain)

I worked at PhotoHotel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was given the chance to work in this company at a time when I did not know what to do with my life. Well, I'm very glad that I didn't miss this opportunity! It was one of the best experience of my life, both personal and professional! Personal, because I have exceeded my limits, I have learned to work with people (we all know it's not easy), to impose my point of view and most importantly to understand their needs, to listen to them, to have patience. I met all sorts of people, some of them changed my life, others are still part of my life.
    Professionally, I learned two foreign languages, French with pre-training in the company's courses and after, practicing in the hotel and Spanish, because I worked two seasons in Mallorca. I learned to work in a team, under stress, I learned to sell my work!
    Its a job with ups and downs. I had moments when I wanted to quit, but team leaders were there all the time to help. Even when I had health problems, they drove me to the doctor!

Cons

1. One day off it is not enough! All I wanted to do in my day off it was to rest. But I couldn't! Because of course, you want to visit something, enjoying your day, also you want to clean your house and maybe finally to cook something Romanian!
    2. Sometimes I needed a bit more privacy and personal life.

4. "Transform your dream in reality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palma de Mallorca (Spain)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palma de Mallorca (Spain)

I have been working at PhotoHotel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First thing, I always wanted to travel. They've give that opportunity. Great place to work and they offer some nice benefits. Second thing, photography. I learned a lot of stuff and you can always improve yourself.

Cons

Sometimes can be quite overwhelming. Missing home, friends and family.

"It's a company that is not only giving you a job, but also a career if you want it!"

Current Employee - Photographer in Kávos (Greece)
    Current Employee - Photographer in Kávos (Greece)

I have been working at PhotoHotel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You don't need any experience, the team is young and everyone is there to help you to reach the best results.

Cons

The only con that I can speak about is missing the people from home, family and friends. But they can visit anytime! :)

Advice to Management

You are the greatest! Keep up the good work! ;)

6. "Could have been better"

Pros

Provides basic needs (food, accommodation )
    Decent income possibilities
    Wonderful people recruited

Cons

Very intrusive and controlling management
    No privacy in accommodation
    Some accommodations are quite poorly managed and have many issues (missing or broken appliances, dirty, missing lights etc.)
    Slightly unrealistic targets
    Food in certain hotels quite bad
    Motivation by fear
    Can be very stressful

Advice to Management

Treat and take better care of the employees
    Better training for the management

Jul 30, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

Every time we receive constructive feedback is an opportunity for us to grow and do things better with our new employees.

We are really glad the you liked your... More

7. "My Worst Professional Experience"

Pros

They recruit very good people which I am grateful to have met in the training they have offered for free and was one of my best ever! They do offer some accommodation food and the basic 700€.

Cons

The accommodation and food tend to be very poor and you have no control over that but the management on the destination has all the rights over them and you! You barely sign any contract and barely have any rights. It’s Romanian business and agreements taking advantage of the Spanish financial legislation. They will use you and abuse you and if you fall in sick because of the working conditions they provide they will exploit you or send you home or try to do both like they did with me. You sacrifice so much and get so little! It’s not worth it.
    I have sacrificed everything I had in UK for them, came back to Romania for their training and now they’ve just left me on the streets !

Advice to Management

Train your leaders as they are not even managers !
    Learn to keep your staff as you tend to recruit better people than you afford !
    Stop lying and presenting yourself as a U.E. Company when you are such a Romanian one!
    Accept the negative feedback you keep getting and stop deleting it from the whole internet !

Jul 30, 2018 – HR Manager

First of all, thank you for your honest feedback.

We try to do our best with every single part (food, accomodation, salary, commision) but we know that we can't please everyone.

There are... More

"Good job, awesome team"

Current Employee - Photographer/Sales in Athens (Greece)
    Current Employee - Photographer/Sales in Athens (Greece)

I have been working at PhotoHotel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Exploring a new country and culture, in my case Greece
    - Decent money (more that in my country) and fun job
    - Meeting new people, both clients and also the team from the hotel where I worked
    - I've learnt a lot before starting to work, and I had now ideea before on how to properly handle clients in order to have a good relation with them and also sell them products
    - The team si awesome, I'm speaking now about my colleague and also the whole team in Athens. We sometimes meet altogether and have nice parties.

Cons

- Very away from home, parents and old friends for a long period of time
    - Some days are different, but some of them fit into a routine
    - Sometimes, depending on my mood, I get pretty stressed about the target, even if there wasn't a time when I've not done it, and usually I did over the target
    - You can get pretty tired at times. At first I wanted to party a lot, but I've kept that for my free days. Partying and working the next day don't get well together :))

Advice to Management

- I like how you help us go trough difficult times and problems
    - Please give us more swag with the brand and logo :D

Jul 30, 2018 – HR Manager

"My jobs experience at Photohotel"

Current Employee - Photographer in Gázion (Greece)
    Current Employee - Photographer in Gázion (Greece)

I have been working at PhotoHotel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Experience, with a win win salary system that boost you to improve your work.
    The terms & conditions sayed before was all respected.

Cons

Physically hard specially during summer time
    Always needs a good attitude and sometime to get out of his confort zone to be able to achieve your personal targets

Advice to Management

Friendly and respectfull management
    i didn't felt the an hierachical authority but more an common colaboration to get the job done

"Challenging experience"

Current Employee - Photo Adviser
    Current Employee - Photo Adviser

I have been working at PhotoHotel full-time

Pros

Meeting everyday new people with new experiences, building nice relationships
    Posibility to visit and to live in a very nice place for me is like having a long vacation with a lot of challenges and experiences
    I met very nice people and make friends from different countries

Cons

Because of very hot summer season sometimes you feel exhausted and need to pay more attention on everyday habits

Advice to Management

Very friendly management

Jul 13, 2017 – HR Manager