Photon Infotech Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Photon Infotech Chairman and CEO Srinivas Balasubramanian
Srinivas Balasubramanian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good to learn new Technologies and good for freshers and an Awesome place to learn and move to a next level" (in 52 reviews)

• "Awsome place to learn and move to a next level" (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is hard to maintain" (in 82 reviews)

• "There are no coffee machines in the office" (in 47 reviews)

1. "Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Photon Infotech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am working as a full time employee in Columbus location.

Good work environment.
    Very good Management and HR department.
    If employee has any issues/concerns there will be immediate response from the team (Manager/HR) and they try to resolve as soon as possible.
    I am happy to be part of Photon Infotech growth and looking forward to serve more years.
    I am referring couple of my friends to join in Photon Infotech.

Cons

I do not have any Cons.

Advice to Management

Really doing good. Keep up the same.

"Full stack java developer"

Former Employee - Java Developer in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Photon Infotech (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing to say.Not a single thing

Cons

Not professional.Talks in their region language most of the time even in the meetings to communicate. Very rude.i am regretting joining in photon.they treat employees like slaves.No work ethic.Beware to join in this

3. "Healthcare"

I worked at Photon Infotech full-time

Pros

Most of the jobs Pay well

Cons

No cons great company

"Organization and Culture Issues"

Former Employee - Senior Creative Designer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Creative Designer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Photon Infotech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked on the creative team and had mostly fantastic interactions with those that really cared about their work within the creative team. The Creative Directors and VP are exceptionally talented people and were fun to work with.

If you work hard and have a drive for improvement, it seems like you have a lot of room to grow and work your way up within Photon (at least on the creative team).

The pay is definitely higher than most companies in Dallas and their fully paid benefits are a huge plus.

Cons

The onboarding process was nearly nonexistant. I had a 30minute video call with someone I could barely understand instead of someone in my actual office doing it with me. They just showed the platform the company uses as its central hub (which is almost never used except for logging time) and a few other tools which in the long run were not helpful to running my day to day.

In my time at Photon I dealt with countless employees that did just the bare minimum to collect a paycheck. I understand that at a large company you can feel like just another cog in the wheel, but the amount of people that didn't try was astounding. I also had "just bad luck" with some of the Account Managers I had to work with. People that let projects get so off the rails in scope and management that VPs had to get involved a month before a project launched. (I was brought it at the very end to help fix some of the issues). Other Accounts people literally just showed up to be seen but did nothing to support the team on the project.

The quality of work overall that Photon was intent on pumping out was not all that high. Again, velocity seemed to be the most important aspect to it all. When showing what quality work could look like with the right support from other teams, I had extremely good feedback, but this seemed too difficult to mesh into their current workflows.

Poor company culture and communication. Photon struggles with communicating effectively with native English speakers and cultural norms. I would receive emails and even phone calls in the middle of the night from their team in India which seemed wildly inappropriate. My own managers were easy to get a hold of and were able to get me answers but English was their first language. It might also be a cultural or language barrier but I was often confronted by standoffish people that were sometimes downright rude.

No remote work for any reason. Even if there was a major life event, sick kid/pet, utility companies coming by, Photon does not let you work remote and you must take PTO for it. This seemed silly as I sat around for month waiting for work to be assigned to me, but when I asked to work from home for a few hours I was met with resistance.

Advice to Management

It is going to be really tough for them to keep talent on the creative team going forward with how upper management treats creative in their current business model. Design feels like an afterthought where velocity takes precedence. Many people there treat their US employees like they would their people overseas and that type of communication style is not going to be beneficial in their growth especially amongst Americans in the company.

"Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Photon Infotech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent learning and great opportunities. Move around on technologies if that's what you want. You get hands on experience in latest technologies that exist and Photon is really fast moving on that.

Cons

Work from home as a policy is limited but we have a few exceptions for unavoidable situations (Thunderstorm , Snow storm etc.,). Can be made more often available

Advice to Management

Good going

"Senior Recruiter"

Pros

None Trust me this is the most worst company i have ever worked for.The Key stakeholders use the F word to there subordinates and scream at there employees.If you want to live an insulted life this place is for you.

Cons

Its a very low cultured company and if you see any good reviews they are all forced to write that so that candidates join there company.

Advice to Management

Change your attitude.Employees are not your servants treat them as a team and encourage them.They are the people who can make or break your company.

"Regret to join Photon :|"

I worked at Photon Infotech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sorry to say but nothing.

Cons

I made a lifetime mistake to join full-time Photon. I will regret this in my full life.
    If you are good at buttering upper management and telling lie, this company is for you. No accountability no respect for the employee.

Advice to Management

Please be human not only money makers.

Photon Infotech Response

May 24, 2018 – Director HR

The claims made by you does not reflect the ground scenario. We are here to listen and fix the problems if you can share with us facts on exactly what you have faced. Please connect with us... More

8. "My review"

Pros

best company to work for

Cons

need to consider work life balance

"Unethical company to both employees and customers"

I worked at Photon Infotech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exposure to some of the latest trends in the industry

Cons

I was a US employee in a Program Manager position. This is easily one of the most unethical companies I have worked or heard of. Employees especially the US ones are mistreated - they are relocated at a moments notice (over a weekend) and are forced to sign a 2yr bond for the moving expenses for a move they did not agree to. Indian companies are generally employee unfriendly but Photon is in a league of its own. Similarly with their clients they are quick to bill without clear approvals from the client and use very aggressive sales tactics. They play loose with contracts and with billing. Business visas are often abused to get folks in. Profanity, humiliating employees, racist comments is commonplace at senior management meetings

Advice to Management

Culture needs to change from top down

"Good place to learn. But luck decides who is your manager"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Photon Infotech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to learn and grow technically. Not monetarily. There are some good Senior management people. Its only luck based on which you will get to report to them.

Cons

Heavy politics and its purely luck that decides whom you get as your reporting hierarchy. The dumb people hide all your good efforts from top management. Your hard work will be taken as their win. But when you slip, you are treated as screwing the projects. Its like they win and you loose all the time. There are people who protect their dumb relatives and hide hard working peoples effort.

Advice to Management

Please conduct 360 review of each of your resource. I mean to say that the juniors report about their seniors as well. Clients direct review about the resources. Every employee should be rated based on the supervisor, client manager, client side architect, Photon tech team, etc. in order to do a fair rating. If it is purely by the supervisor alone and if the supervisor is a dumb, then the good employee's performance is clearly hidden and not given a fair chance.