Photon Infotech Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is disturbed at times as usual as in any other company that I have worked before (in 69 reviews)

• No work life balance, no coffee machines,basic amenities are less (in 46 reviews)

"Run away now."

I have been working at Photon Infotech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sure you can work on some big clients. But who cares when the rest of your life is horrible? Go work on smaller clients and be thankful you read this and got out before the pain began.

Cons

Terrible work environment. Slave-like work conditions. Epic level mean-ness you'd never think possible. Get out now.
    No growth opportunities. No training. No phones (for goodness sake) - pay for your own work calls! Travel during your personal time to clients. Accidentally damage your laptop, pay for your own repairs! No public holidays. Mandatory Saturday work days. Screaming abuse (literally) from management. Name calling ("you're all monkeys" is the best one). No interest in the quality of work you put out, just profit profit profit. Another favorite line from management "We only start judging you from 6pm onwards" i.e. they don't care less if you're good at your job, they just want to squeeze extra free work hours out of you, then only like you if you're here until 10pm every night. This place is literally out of the movies and should be in "Horrible Bosses" or something. All the positive comments you see here are becuase the offshore employees have been forced to write them.

Advice to Management

If you cared about retaining your workforce you'd remove all of your dictatorship policies.

Photon Infotech Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Senior Manager

You seemed to have mentioned some serious accusations with no actual data points. As mentioned by you, if you are currently an employee of Photon, we urge you to have a look at our employee benefit... More

"Talented team, terrible culture"

Former Employee - UI/User Experience Creative Lead in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - UI/User Experience Creative Lead in Orlando, FL

I worked at Photon Infotech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very smart and talented leadership team who know what they are doing, and do it well. Since Photon is a consultant, the opportunity to work with varying brands is a great experience.

Cons

The WORST company culture I've ever experienced. They are based out of India and the lack of empathy or respect for employees highlights the work culture overseas.

During initial negotiations, they were very aggressive and attempted to pay as little as possible. What makes this worse, is how employees are mandated to work a MINIMUM of 50 hours per week, salaried. This is key, because the timelines are so tight that weekend work is usually required and expected. I witnessed an employee who was let go with 2 days notice, just before their 90 days, for not making an internal deadline because they had a family member pass. This employee was kept on the project for weeks after the incident and led on until the very end of their 90 day period.

All of their processes are scattered throughout various, terribly built software products. Managing PTO or anything HR means scouring their sites and emailing 3 different people overseas. This further highlights the lack of care, or attention to employees which is pathetic considering this company builds digital products.

I resigned after about 2 weeks as it didn't take long to see how bad this company is. To top this all off, after resignation I received a threatening email from an attorney demanding I return a portion of my paycheck from them. This was, of course in error as I owned them nothing and after rebutting the email, they were never heard from again.

My advice to anyone interested in working here is to run far, far away.

Advice to Management

Respect employees on all levels of the organization, not just management. Stop referring to employees as "bodies" that are thrown at projects. Consider reducing mandatory 10 hour work days and if you must, start paying hourly with over time pay as well.

"I learned a lot of thing from Photon."

Pros

Photon is clearly a good choice since they gave me the best time of my life in a company that supported everything that I love and like about the Information technology industry. I learned a lot of thing from Photon. I gained a lot of experience and honestly, they paved the way that I am walking today

Cons

The roles on the floor are versatile and it can cause a lot of confusion since there are a lot of things going on the floor. There are several cases that people are confused on what to do first since we all have several other roles in our sleeves.

Advice to Management

I think it will be better if there are more employees working for Photon, therefore they can allocate the task efficiently and stress free. There will be clear roles for everyone.

"I loved the time that I spent here at Photon."

Pros

I loved the time that I spent here at Photon. I remembered a lot of things from the office and from my co-workers. The atmosphere here was amazing, fast paced and very challenging. I hope that a lot of people will consider working for Photon. They will certainly help you out in the future.

Cons

In my memory the building is struggling to get more parking spaces for the employees. I believe there have been many cases about employees asking for more spaces around the building. I have never experienced this since I do not have a car or a scooter.

Advice to Management

Parking spaces are clearly one of the most urgent needs in the building. I think the administration and the whole company will benefit from having extra parking spaces around in the building.

"Nice company if it works for you"

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Photon Infotech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Latest technologies, fun at times.

Cons

You may stuck at some projects or at some customer places where there are no fun at all.

"Stay away"

I worked at Photon Infotech full-time

Pros

I am not sharing anything new that you haven't read in any other reviews. Absolutely no pros of working here.

Cons

1. Dishonest people
    2. Do not respect employees - (employee abuse is very common here)
    3. Do not back you when things go bad
    4. Zero empathy

Advice to Management

Be human.

"Photon review"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Photon Infotech (More than a year)

Pros

You get to learn a lot at a very fast pace

Cons

They treat their employees poorly.

"was kind of happy but dissatisfied with upper management"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Photon Infotech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- you will get to work on most recent technologies
    - good career growth and learning
    - You will love the responsibilites at start
    - good salary

Cons

- Slowly you will feel suffocated because of over working
    - Upper management is not transparent
    - They play lot of games to get profit from you

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings with respect and not like order following robots

9. "Good company"

Pros

Great Clients... you'll learn a lot

Cons

Not really much. it is a good company

Advice to Management

Increase in salary, would be nice.

"Disaster all around"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Deer Park, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Deer Park, IL

I have been working at Photon Infotech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- None except that it is my current employer

Cons

- Unprofessional management and workforce
    - Sub standard employee benefits
    - Few clients
    - No employee training programs
    - Only competes on Price point in the market
    - Nepotism and sycophancy all around
    - No Business Development or strategic vision

Advice to Management

- Think beyond $$$