KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Physicians Immediate Care Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2022

Found 248 of over 252 reviews

3.5
Physicians Immediate Care President & CEO Stanley Blaylock (no image)
Stanley Blaylock

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Met some great coworkers and doctors.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Great benefits(in 11 reviews)
  • "The staff is friendly and the work days are usually busy and go by fast.(in 10 reviews)
  • "good hours and pay.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Great people; you are bound to make lasting friendships(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Physicians Immediate Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Company Cares

Jan 3, 2022 - Marketing Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like working for PIC. The management team cares about their employees, constantly looks for new ideas to improve "life at PIC," and rewards those that work hard. The people I work with are fun, dedicated, and innovative with their ideas - I look forward to coming to work each day!

Cons

PIC is a growing company and layer that with a pandemic and we have our challenges. We have to fight through the many changes, the long hours, and the exhaustion of working in healthcare. Whenever I feel sorry for myself, I think of our team of medical providers who provide care to our patients and know that I can't complain.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Jun 22, 2022 - Radiologic Technologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company and great people to work with

Cons

Some clinics have high turn over

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with room for advancement

Jun 22, 2022 - PCT Patient Care Tech in Joliet, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Schedules are made a month in advance

Cons

Short breaks if any, long hours

4. 5.0

Good position

Jun 2, 2022 - Physician Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy and opportunity to give feedback.

Cons

More leadership opportunities do APPs

Human Resources

Thank you for your 5-star review! At Physicians Immediate Care, we strive to foster an open-door environment, and we are glad you feel you are given autonomy and the opportunity to give feedback. Our people are our most valuable assets, and we are always looking for new ways to offer leadership development opportunities! We will share your feedback with our management team. Thank you again!

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

have tough skin

Jun 8, 2022 - Patient Care Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

the company allows cross training which helps you get exposure with clinical work

Cons

management will hold grudges if you point out their wrongs and have the clinic be against you

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Immediate Care

Apr 24, 2022 - Physician Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay well... if they decide to pay you.

Cons

This company makes it very apparent that they are a company and only care about the bottom line. It's not about the patient, quality care, or employee health or wellness. They will ask you to work 13+ hours short staffed and then yell at you for not working hard enough. They cut our hours and pay during COVID even though our numbers were through the roof. They will approve raises for a "job well done" and then never give it to you. This happened to myself and at least 3 other employees I'm aware of. I have never been so appalled to work for a company.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on your experience while working at Physicians Immediate Care. Our goal is to provide remarkable care to our patients, which depends solely on the talent of our team. Compensation is an area that we are continually reviewing to ensure we meet or are above industry standards and have been able to offer both annual and bi-annual increases to our staff working diligently in the clinics. If you would like to discuss your specific compensation history, please reach out to humanresources@visitphysicians.com as the integrity of the review process is vital to our success as an organization.

7. 5.0

Great Place to work

Apr 25, 2022 - Nurse Practitioner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice environment to work Suportive Collegial

Cons

None that I can think of

Human Resources

Thank you for this 5-star review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoy working at Physicians Immediate Care as we strive to foster an excellent and welcoming work environment. Thank you again!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great learning experience, horrible management

May 6, 2022 - Medical Assistant in Rockford, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learn something new daily working in the clinics

Cons

Poor management , broken policies, turnover in employees is at a high, not enough coverage, the list goes on & on…. 🙄

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Physicians Immediate Care. We are happy to hear that you received fulfilling learning experiences while working at PIC. Our clinical and clinical support management teams work very hard to make sure we are engaged with all concerns brought by team members. In the past few years, we’ve invested a multitude of resources into our clinics and team members to improve the ‘life at PIC’ and we are so sorry to hear that you did not feel that during your time here. We are committed to continuing our improvements for both our current and future team members and hope to retain as much talent as we can. Thank you again for your candid review.

9. 2.0

Don’t

May 22, 2022 - Patient Care Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Available shifts with incentives Mileage reimbursement

Cons

Pay isn’t that great 2 hours of PTO per pay period

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to provide remarkable care to our patients, which depends solely on the talent of our team. Compensation is an area that we are continually reviewing to ensure we meet or are above industry standards. Recently we rolled out our career path program. This program provides each team member with a predefined roadmap to evolve their clinical and operational skills and related compensation. Our benefits team is working on other unique ways to increase the value proposition we offer our team members.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Receptionist

May 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy job, easy to learn role.

Cons

Takes a long time to move around within the company.

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are glad to hear you were able to successfully learn in your role. We immensely value growth opportunities and promoting from within PIC. 90% of our clinic managers are team members who used to work the floor themselves. We will share your feedback with our team. Thanks again for taking the time to submit this review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 248 Reviews

Physicians Immediate Care Reviews FAQs

Physicians Immediate Care has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 252 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Physicians Immediate Care to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Physicians Immediate Care employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Physicians Immediate Care. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

66% of Physicians Immediate Care employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Physicians Immediate Care 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Physicians Immediate Care to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be compensation, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Physicians Immediate Care Job Seekers