Physicians Immediate Care Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Stanley Blaylock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Super understaffed all the time due to High Turnover Rate (in 3 reviews)

• Must be willing to work long hours and be very busy (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The perfect group to grow as a young provider"

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Physicians Immediate Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PIC in my opinion has been an absolute blessing of a company to work for. I began a little over a month ago and I have been super excited to goto work every day. As a relatively new PA this has been a wonderful experience. From top to bottom PIC supports their employees with everything they need to succeed. I feel the training I am receiving is appropriate and pushes me to further improve my skill set and knowledge base. They provide excellent compensation, benefits, and continuing education opportunities. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity in my career at the moment.

Cons

I do not currently have any cons that I feel is necessary to mention. I am very satisfied with my place here.

Advice to Management

The mission you have for your employees and patients is commendable. Keep doing what you are doing!

Aug 30, 2017 – Human Resources

Wow! Great review! Our setting and service line isn't for everyone and can be very demanding. However, we are excited to see you are rising to the challenge! We encourage all of our staff to push... More

2. "xray tech/pct"

Current Employee - X-ray Tech in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - X-ray Tech in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Physicians Immediate Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I personally have worked for a lot of different hospitals and facilities. I've been an x-ray tech for 21 years. As soon as I joined the PIC team I felt welcomed. They are up front with everything. No games. I was given the opportunity to cross train and learn the clinical aspect. (Injections, medication dispensing, assisting providers with procedures) So I'm not just taking x-rays I'm in there hands on working all modalities in the clinic. Front Desk as well. PIC is a great company to work for. I highly recommend this company. It's not an emergency room but you never know what is going to walk in the door. Keeps things exciting.

Cons

Long hours and sometimes not able to take break.

Advice to Management

Help make breaks be more customary.

Jan 9, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for this review! We try to train all managers in leadership to truly mentor their staff and create professional and personal growth opportunities with cross training. When it comes to... More

3. "PIC and Physical Therapy Department"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Physicians Immediate Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits (BCBS - IL currently), nice PTO for clinicians, convenient, closed for major holidays, and 401K match. Very friendly HR team and supportive staff. Physical Therapy team is great, seeing primarily worker's comp clientele. The PT manager was very flexible with my schedule when my daughter was born and provided for adequate time-off to adjust as a new parent. It's a small company and you're a valued part of the team. They're doing a good job growing the urgent care portion of the company.

Cons

The physical therapy EMR documentation system is a bit tedious, but better than most I've seen. Not very point-of-care friendly, which can a bit inefficient at times. Senior management isn't necessarily bad, there just seems to be a growing gap between clinic employees and regional management. Still working on updating communications structure throughout the company for improved response times and helpfulness of the supporting staff.

Advice to Management

Coming from a physical therapy standpoint, there could be a bit more exposure of the PT departments. I hear a lot of "I didn't know there was physical therapy here" remarks.

4. "Physical Therapy and PIC"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant

I have been working at Physicians Immediate Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great and competitive medical (BCBS - IL) and dental (Cigna) benefits, good company growth, 401K match, good clinician PTO and convenient in-house medical program for employee and family. The PT manager was very flexible to meet my time-off needs when my daughter was born last year to adjust as a new parent.

Cons

The physical therapy EMR isn't the best, but is better than most I've seen. Can be a little time-consuming and isn't very point-of-care friendly. Senior management isn't bad and in fact I like a lot of their vision, but as the company reorganizes for more growth, there seems to be a growing gap between clinic employees and higher management. I know they are working to address this, though!

Advice to Management

The physical therapy department doesn't get much exposure to the public. I hear a lot of "I didn't know you had physical therapy" comments. Would be nice to see a bit more marketing so PT can grow with the urgent care portion of the company instead of being so separate.

Jan 4, 2018 – Human Resources

Thanks for this review. We're glad to hear that you are happy with the benefits we provide! We appreciate your comments and will be sure to pass along to management.

5. "Advancement. Support. Understanding. Challenge."

I have been working at Physicians Immediate Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement and movement in the company, management is flexible and understanding, open door policy, affordable benefits, clear communication from upper management down

Cons

lack of cohesive teamwork across all parts of the organization, lackluster paid time off

Advice to Management

Continue to drive the 'one team, no silos' company standard across all parts of the organization so that everyone remains on the same page and works together cohesively to achieve our goals.

6. "awesome experince"

Current Employee - PCC in Niles, IL
    Current Employee - PCC in Niles, IL

I have been working at Physicians Immediate Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

every other weekend off work 3 12 hours and you are done for the week

Cons

none experience here is great

Jan 4, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for this review! We are glad to hear that you've had positive experiences being on the PIC team thus far!

7. "Physician Assistant"

I have been working at Physicians Immediate Care full-time

Pros

Great benefits and great coworkers

Cons

Overall schedule is nice, but many weekends

Jan 2, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for this review. Our hours are sometimes challenging and do include weekends and holidays, but we are glad to hear that you are happy with our benefits package, which includes our new PTO... More

"Physicians Immediate Care"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Physicians Immediate Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Physicians Immediate Care has a lot of locations and each location has several positions available. So if you're looking to be at a clinic closer to home, take something that's a reasonable distance for you and then you can transfer when a spot opens up.

It's a place to get a little experience in your area of training.

Cons

Human resources isn't there for you. They're very engaging when you first start with the company but quickly become unreachable once you are assigned to a clinic. I have reached out to them 4 times for help during my employment here and I have never heard back.

The equipment you will provided with will meet the minimum standard. Period. It likely won't work well or even every time. But you will not see a new piece of equipment unless you work in radiology and even then, only in a handful of clinics.

The only similarity between clinics is the name on the building (even this can vary depending on your region). Every few months, the management system for the individual clinics changes and with every change comes a new manager that cares about something else entirely. So how things are done vary greatly and you can expect changes to occur without warning or explanation.

Expect very little in return for your hard work. If you work here, it should be for the limited clinical experience and a paycheck. The company has been chiseling away at it's very limited employee benefits over the last few years. So anything promised to you during hiring, will likely not be there in a year or two.

Work/Life balance will only exist for you if you have the ability to say, "No". Staffing shortages are part of the culture here, so that balance only exists if you make it. It should also be noted, the company does not stand behind it's closing times. So if a patient walks up to the door at 7:55pm with a cough, you're required to stay and see that patient. Getting out late is part & parcel of being a P.I.C. employee. Which means, making plans for after work (i.e. weekends & holidays), won't really work out for you.

Sadly, this company is not an end goal, but rather a stepping stone to get to your end goal. With that in mind, you can take the opportunity to make some money and polish your skills a little OR keep looking for a more permanent position with a company that has a healthier outlook toward it's employees.

Advice to Management

The first thing you should ask yourself when you walk into your office should be, "How can I help the clinics today?". The last thing you should ask yourself before you walk out should be, "How did I help the clinics today?". If you don't have definitive answers those questions, you are part of the problem with this company. Your job does not exist independently of the clinics. It's the PCCs, PCTs, RTs and Providers that make this company work. Without them, you don't have a company...or a job. Remind yourself of that as often as you need to.

Jan 17, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you haven’t had a great experience communicating with our Human Resources team. Please know that we are adding... More

9. "Great career starter"

I have been working at Physicians Immediate Care full-time

Pros

Abundant Learning opportunities, Career advancement opportunitieswithin the company . which will help you to become a well rounded individual in your career and in the workforce. If you are a hard worker and stay with the company you will find that you are rewarded.

Cons

Frequent changes,and inconsistencies , can be challenging but you just have to be patient.

Jan 9, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. With our new career path program, we are committed to providing each clinic team member with pre-defined career roadmaps to evolve ones... More

"Listen to the front-line troops"

Current Employee - Physician
    Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at Physicians Immediate Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair compensation, excellent clinical staff and supportive management team.

Cons

Scheduling decisions sometimes don't make sense. Online appointments only make patients angrier during busy periods especially when walk-ins push back scheduled appointments.

Advice to Management

No online appointments on weekends or during holidays. If you close a clinic, send extra staff to the clinics that are open in order to minimize patient wait times. No children under the age of 1 should be seen; they need to go to the ER. We do not have the equipment or manpower to evaluate young children properly.

Jan 2, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for this review and the feedback. Our scheduling team has recently implemented many new processes to try to staff the clinics appropriately to allow for optimum work-life balance. We also... More