Physio-Control Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Physio-Control President & COO Mitch Parrish
Mitch Parrish

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We make life saving products for life saving teams (in 12 reviews)

• Great work life balance with a solid 40 hour work week block schedule allowing to leave the office for personal appointments (in 6 reviews)

1. "Field sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Physio-Control (More than a year)

Pros

Great company easy to navigate internal waters

Cons

Bad management, people should really be evaluated better

Advice to Management

Hire people who can actually do the job

2. "Great company mission statement."

Pros

I liked the people I worked with. I liked being a part of a company who has a primary focus to save lives.

Cons

Physio changed ownership several times throughout my 7 years with the company. Also, pay raises were never very good.

3. "Great place to work"

Former Contractor - Embedded Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - Embedded Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Physio-Control as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Good work environment. Interesting and rewarding to work on life saving products. Very health conscious, have their own gym and indoor walking track.

Cons

All the typical corporate culture issues, their pay is maybe a little low for most of the engineers

4. "Pricing and Contracts Analyst"

Former Employee - Pricing & Contracts Analyst in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Pricing & Contracts Analyst in Redmond, WA

I worked at Physio-Control (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were great
    Short commute
    Nice outdoor view
    Affordable cafeteria food
    3 weeks PTO

Cons

The company culture is old school, hard to move up without putting in the time

5. "Great full-time; Weary Contract through Ajillon"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Physio-Control as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting pay as a Contractor through Ajillon is $16. 6 months of strong work ethic, attendance, and accuracy in Order Entry will better your chances of Full-time employment and raise. (up to $18)
    The supervisor actually cares about her team as people. She's been so great in advice and listening. The Customer service team is small, a team of 5-7, but has a veteran of 36 years at Physio, and is the absolute best and made it really hard to leave. Truly like a family.
    There are PLENTY of hours to work, especially at End of the Month and End of the Year. These specific hours are mandatory.

Cons

* There is not a set "Training Program". As of now you'll be trained by another CSR, but ultimately learn while working. (They are trying to build a program now, woohoo!!)
    * With the team being so small, you need to coordinate days off. There have been 2 times we've only had 3 associates in CS.
    * You're going to be villainized by the Customer AND Sales Rep at some point.
    * Heard a lot of complaints about Stryker's acquisition and new Benefits in 2017...

Advice to Management

None, though hopefully someone can implement that training program within the next year.

"Great People, Great mission"

Pros

-I love their mission Statement, "We make lifesaving tools for lifesaving teams..."
    -It makes you feel like you are really making a positive impact in the community when you go to work.
    -The Annex (Free beer on Thursdays, TV with Cable, classic arcade games, pool table, foosball table)
    -Gym and volleyball tournament

Cons

-needs to hire more young people
    -slow working environment

7. "Enjoyed working at Physio-Control, would consider returning"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Physio-Control (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working at Physio-Control, would consider returning with changes to upper management. Beautiful campus. Company involved and vested in promoting health around the globe.

Cons

Strange undercurrent from CEO office that affected company moral and team work. Liked what I saw of the CEO in the all hands meetings but didn't always see that what was said and how that impacted my lower level job.
    Lack of interaction between departments.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk and remember the golden rule - take care of everyone in the same way you take care of yourself.
    Understand what motivates people.

"Overall a good company, good products, good people"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Physio-Control full-time

Pros

Physio Control makes lifesaving products. as a team member, or even a contractor, you will make or support the manufacture and distribution of products that actually save lives on a daily basis. not many companies around here can say that.

Cons

every company has cons. every company has shady crap going on in the corners of their executive management. physio control is no exception. there are some frustrating things going on. But in the end, you make product that actually save lives, and are in demand by emergency lifesaving services across the world. as a production floor employee, as mid level or senior professional contributor, you don't have any control over that anyhow, and it goes on everywhere. So you can make phones, or games, or torpedoes, or Amazon distribution services and you'll still have to put up with the same nonsense, so why not go make lifesaving equipment. when the BS trickles down, smile and nod. and remember you're making lifesaving devices that are used around the world.

Advice to Management

get rid of half of your senior directors and vp's? no, seriously, just purge, there's a ridiculous number of you. it can't be profitable to have that many chieftains. oh, yeah, you're all waiting for Bain to divest so you can cash out. whatever then, just try not to screw things up too much, k? :-)

9. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at Physio-Control full-time

Pros

Excellent Company. Has the potential to be great.

Cons

Slow to develop new products

"Great people"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Physio-Control full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work at Physio have a lot of heart and really want to do a good job. Regularly, the company brings in customers to talk to R&D about what they want. They have several programs to help foster new ideas and concepts from employees.

Cons

A little bit of an old-school white male culture. Most of the VPs are white men in their 50s, as are most of the employees in general. Also, R&D has a reputation of not being able to deliver on time, so other parts of the company are hesitant to trust them with risky new projects and prefer to simply acquire promising startups with new technologies.

Advice to Management

Be more approachable. Seek out feedback and ideas from more than just your favorites. Most of all, just be more friendly and open to feedback from the average company peon. We know a lot more than you give us credit for. ESPECIALLY when we are trying to give you the cold, hard truth about a problem or a reasonable schedule. Just smile and seek out that kind of feedback! :)