- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - Santa Clara, CA
- - San Jose, CA
- - Campbell, CA
- - Sunnyvale, CA
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- India - All Cities
- - Uttar Pradesh
- - Lucknow, India Area
- - Lucknow
- - Karnataka
- - Bangalore, India Area
- - Bangalore
Found 75 of over 79 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 29, 2022 - Senior DirectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits, great company culture, and HR department that truly cares, competitive pay, fun company events, great perks.
Company still finding their way in regards to processes and business opportunitiesContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 30, 2022 - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
good technology used for projects
better detailed planning of projects
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 2, 2022 - Engineer in Santa Clara, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Innovative place to work and learn.
Can do much better given the huge opportunity in their domain.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Dec 1, 2022 - EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
2 main pros: (1) This place does try to do well for its employees regarding benefits. The COVID response was reasonable. (2) There is a decent work/life balance
Many. Politics played here are horrible - as one person said "some employees actively want products to fail". Priorities change too quickly to fix the many problems present. Most people are dissatisfied with company performance after a year or two. Lots of growing pains from quick, unplanned growth. Most new people don't know the product or how it works. Senior leadership acts approachable but only a few truly seem to care about feedback.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 19, 2022 - Administration Assistant in Los Angeles, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Best workplace! It’s is super friendly and clean as wellz
Trouble with scheduling shifts sometimes.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 10, 2022 - ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people to work with Decent benefits Work-life balance Management takes good care of people
Nothing for the moment yet
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
If you want to work for a company that cares, truly cares for employees - I would recommend Picarro. Meet the managers and team and determine for yourself, do not base your decision on reading reviews of a few disgruntled folks who do not portray the right picture. I made a decision to join Picarro by meeting the team and I don't regret it a bit. The company has been here for 20+ years, and is self-sufficient, having long-tenured engineers that are ready to help and grow fellow engineers. CEO is breath of fresh air, rather than company politics, he has the courage to point out the elephant in the room and is also not afraid to address it. He has the vision to take Picarro to the next level.
None. General growth pains, nothing unusual.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Micromanagement, most terrible workplace I've ever experienced - wish I had read all these negative reviews earlierJul 26, 2022 - IT Support Specialist in Santa Clara, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Free lunch twice a week - Stock options are so diluted that they are worthless - Easy money if you do not ask questions, just obey your manager, and always take the blame
- Abusive, manipulation, and exploitation, all the way to the top. Very toxic working environment - Bullying behavior is baked into this company's culture - This company is going nowhere as it has been around for two decades and still not making a profitContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 28, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Sunnyvale, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute.
If you're looking for the embodiment of Cut-Throat Corporate America, look no further than Picarro. Expect to take on an ever-increasing multitude of roles and responsibilities with no increase in salary. Expect management to belittle your contributions as "menial" and "trivial." Expect management to pawn off various graphics projects - image editing, PDF editing, video editing - onto you, from a professional earning $80/hr, to your "menial, trivial" workload earning minimum wage. Expect HR to hire their buddies to work in the workplace. Only, they don't work - their work just gets pawned off to you as well. Expect that - when this individual ultimately leaves the company because they can't do their job - HR vouches for them and ensures they still get medical/health coverage. Expect their IT "specialist" to be a braindead clown who doesn't either doesn't know how to do their job, or doesn't have any interest in doing it. They either don't show up to take care of troubleshooting when moving to a new building, and when they do show up, they stand idly by while a handful of other IT specialists (who are in the building for other purposes) are taking care of their problems instead of focusing on their own work. Expect this IT "specialist" to belittle you as "unprofessional." Expect this IT "specialist" to misplace a 2'x3' floorplan/blueprint/layout you - the "unprofessional" minimum wage monkey - put together. Then ask for a replacement. Because they're not enough of a "professional" to keep track of a 6 SqFt sheet of paper sitting on their own desk. Expect that - when you ultimately can't take any more and decide to quit and leave - HR will leave you high and dry, even after doing the work of their braindead buddy who couldn't hack it. __________________________________________________ Icing on the cake? Expect to hold onto a useless piece of paper saying you have stock with the company for over a decade. Expect to reach out to the company to inquire as to whether the piece of paper will finally be worth something, someday, after a decade. Expect the business to flat out refuse to answer to you. __________________________________________________ Various other instances of abuse, manipulation and exploitation of other employees.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jun 2, 2022 - Senior QA Engineer in Santa Clara, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
picarro is lucky to have some of the best people working for them who works there thinking their own company.
upper management is not stable .
Picarro Reviews FAQs
Picarro has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 79 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Picarro to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 16% over the last 12 months.
74% of Picarro employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Picarro 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.