Picerne Military Housing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great cause and great company!"

I have been working at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great mission and founder believes

Cons

Growth too quick causes communication issues

2. "Satisfied"

I have been working at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Owned and Operated by an extremely driven and compassionate individual that cares about his employees
    Expanding business and growth opportunities
    Good benefits package
    Able to make a difference in people's lives

Cons

Other than Senior Management, not a lot of job growth potential for lower/mid level employees.
    A lot of departments that don't communicate/work well with each other
    Senior management works its own bubble; makes a lot of decisions on future of company without input from lower/mid level management

Advice to Management

Reevaluate current managing practices
    Open up lines of communication between departments
    Top half of the company continues to get heavy while mid/lower levels continue to get lighter

3. "Awesome Company"

Former Employee - Vice President of Construction in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Vice President of Construction in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Top notch Owners with integrity and vigor

Cons

Career advancement is a challenge

Advice to Management

PRomote within

5. "PMH, Inc"

Former Employee - Maintenance Tech in Fort Riley, KS
    Former Employee - Maintenance Tech in Fort Riley, KS

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for the men and women of the Army was a very fullfilling job. It gave me an oppurtunity to give back to those service members and their spouces.

Cons

It was very time demanding, not leaving much room for work/life balance.

Advice to Management

It wouldnt hurt to make oncall duties easier on the maintenance staff.

6. "great company!"

Pros

benefits are great! The company has not increased the portion of health cost benefits for the last three years!

Cons

Many of the locations are located in rural places.

7. "It was a good job but I dont feel complete having worked there."

Former Employee - Resident Service Specialist in Fort Bragg, NC
    Former Employee - Resident Service Specialist in Fort Bragg, NC

Pros

The company has a great attitude towards their goal and customers which is helping military families by improving their quality of life. Good events for residents involving carnivals, poool parties, dog events, etc. Even better events for employees, have frequent giveaways ranging from a gift certificate for their company logo shirt to a 50 inch tv.

Cons

Picture high school all over again. I mean all the way to the upper management, there are cliques like you wouldnt believe. I know its common and expected at most job but this was ridiculous. If you are going to work there start kissing butt and commenting on how good your managers new shoes look.

Advice to Management

Grow and pair and get rid of the skanks. You have some really good people and would be soaring above all others if you got rid of the dead weight.

8. "Decent place to work."

Former Employee - Leasing and Relocation in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
    Former Employee - Leasing and Relocation in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays well, hours are reasonable.

Cons

Management is not typically selected or promoted due to merit or capabilities.

Advice to Management

Treat your leasing, neighborhood, and maintenance staff with more respect. We're smarter than we are given credit or respect for.

9. "Resident Service Specialist"

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time

Pros

Great team environment on the "neighborhood level." They truly worked to put the resident first.

Cons

Office hours for the neighborhood offices were insane, hours until after 6:30 on weeknights and weekend hours. Also open during holidays (despite having an intensive after hours call system). No real room for advancement (regardless of your education/qualification level), pay sub-par.

10. "Great company, substandard local management"

Pros

They offer great benefits, and the PTO plan is good too. The pay is ok, but by no means great. You become very close with your co-workers and it's a great atmosphere to work in. They pretty much only promote from within, unless you have extensive experience.

Cons

Micro-management and constant change makes daily tasks difficult. There is an SOP for everything, but everyone has their own way of doing it. They are trying to improve their life-work balance, but it's still not great. At the mid-management level they forget where they came from and treat employees like serfs. Senior management works off of the good ol' boy system and tenure, not on merit and performance (note, i'm not complaining that I did not get a promotion, this is an un bias observation).

Advice to Management

Micro-management is killing employee morale. Look at a candidate's performance instead of their network or tenure. Pay the lower level staff more, they are the working parts of the company.

11. "If you enjoy backstabbing, a high school atmosphere and drama, apply here!"

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Military family friendly, having many activities for the troops and their families

Cons

Where to begin? Upper management tries to micromanage employees and do not allow Neighborhood Managers to run office effectively with what works for them. A lot of things at Picerne are covered up having to do with employee firings, building new construction in known trouble areas, and moving up soldiers on the wait list above others only because they complain.

Advice to Management

Morale with employees continues to dwindle because we constantly have to watch our backs and worry about what we say and what actions we take. I have seen people forced into quitting because of backstabbing by others, persons being forced into positions they never wanted and people who have been reprimanded because superiors knowingly and willingly withheld information necessary to do their job.