Picerne Military Housing Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "PMH, Inc"

Former Employee - Maintenance Tech in Fort Riley, KS
    Former Employee - Maintenance Tech in Fort Riley, KS

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for the men and women of the Army was a very fullfilling job. It gave me an oppurtunity to give back to those service members and their spouces.

Cons

It was very time demanding, not leaving much room for work/life balance.

Advice to Management

It wouldnt hurt to make oncall duties easier on the maintenance staff.

2. "Resident Service Specialist"

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time

Pros

Great team environment on the "neighborhood level." They truly worked to put the resident first.

Cons

Office hours for the neighborhood offices were insane, hours until after 6:30 on weeknights and weekend hours. Also open during holidays (despite having an intensive after hours call system). No real room for advancement (regardless of your education/qualification level), pay sub-par.

3. "Decent place to work."

Former Employee - Leasing and Relocation in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
    Former Employee - Leasing and Relocation in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays well, hours are reasonable.

Cons

Management is not typically selected or promoted due to merit or capabilities.

Advice to Management

Treat your leasing, neighborhood, and maintenance staff with more respect. We're smarter than we are given credit or respect for.

5. "Awesome Company"

Former Employee - Vice President of Construction in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Vice President of Construction in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Top notch Owners with integrity and vigor

Cons

Career advancement is a challenge

Advice to Management

PRomote within

6. "Satisfied"

I have been working at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Owned and Operated by an extremely driven and compassionate individual that cares about his employees
    Expanding business and growth opportunities
    Good benefits package
    Able to make a difference in people's lives

Cons

Other than Senior Management, not a lot of job growth potential for lower/mid level employees.
    A lot of departments that don't communicate/work well with each other
    Senior management works its own bubble; makes a lot of decisions on future of company without input from lower/mid level management

Advice to Management

Reevaluate current managing practices
    Open up lines of communication between departments
    Top half of the company continues to get heavy while mid/lower levels continue to get lighter

7. "Great cause and great company!"

I have been working at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great mission and founder believes

Cons

Growth too quick causes communication issues

8. "Can officially say worst company ever"

Current Employee - Resident Service Specialist in Fort Bragg, NC
    Current Employee - Resident Service Specialist in Fort Bragg, NC

I have been working at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

knowing you are helping military families is a really cool feeling

Cons

I will try to keep this short and please trust me that is a very hard thing to do. I have never worked for a company that micromanages like this place. It is just the most absurd work environment I have ever seen. Management there is non existent because there are porters that are better leaders than the managers and the assistant managers are the biggest waste of space in the company. I have not worked with one asst manager that deserves to be promoted. Higher up management actually has spies (usually the spineless asst.managers) to befriend the employees to find out what they are saying about the company so that they can be reprimanded. I have seen some of the best and brightest employees forced out because of all the highschool drama that goes on at this place. Upper management will have "investigations" of employees that last months and you feel like you cant use the restroom without an asst. manager writing it down in her "employee log". I have seen upper management promise that they arent looking to fire someone and that they just want to help them and then a day later they are canned. Loyalty and passion for your job mean nothing to this company. Do yourself a HUGE favor and stay away at all costs.

Advice to Management

Analyze your company and figure out how to boost morale. Hire management that actually has leadership skills Treat your employees with respect because without them the company would never succeed

9. "If you enjoy backstabbing, a high school atmosphere and drama, apply here!"

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Military family friendly, having many activities for the troops and their families

Cons

Where to begin? Upper management tries to micromanage employees and do not allow Neighborhood Managers to run office effectively with what works for them. A lot of things at Picerne are covered up having to do with employee firings, building new construction in known trouble areas, and moving up soldiers on the wait list above others only because they complain.

Advice to Management

Morale with employees continues to dwindle because we constantly have to watch our backs and worry about what we say and what actions we take. I have seen people forced into quitting because of backstabbing by others, persons being forced into positions they never wanted and people who have been reprimanded because superiors knowingly and willingly withheld information necessary to do their job.

10. "great company!"

Pros

benefits are great! The company has not increased the portion of health cost benefits for the last three years!

Cons

Many of the locations are located in rural places.

11. "It was a good job but I dont feel complete having worked there."

Former Employee - Resident Service Specialist in Fort Bragg, NC
    Former Employee - Resident Service Specialist in Fort Bragg, NC

Pros

The company has a great attitude towards their goal and customers which is helping military families by improving their quality of life. Good events for residents involving carnivals, poool parties, dog events, etc. Even better events for employees, have frequent giveaways ranging from a gift certificate for their company logo shirt to a 50 inch tv.

Cons

Picture high school all over again. I mean all the way to the upper management, there are cliques like you wouldnt believe. I know its common and expected at most job but this was ridiculous. If you are going to work there start kissing butt and commenting on how good your managers new shoes look.

Advice to Management

Grow and pair and get rid of the skanks. You have some really good people and would be soaring above all others if you got rid of the dead weight.