PicnicHealth Reviews

Updated Dec 14, 2020

4.6
  1. COVID-19

"We are changing the world, by owning your health and advance medicine"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at PicnicHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am so grateful to be part of a company that cares for the world and it's people. In PicnicHealth, we don't work for a boss but we work for a cause. We helped a lot of patients own their health by building a meaningful healthcare timeline and contribute to advance medicine. Working for PicnicHealth is a dream come true, because we have a high impact to the people and the world. Thanks for taking care of us and despite the pandemic, we keep our jobs and provide to our families in this trying and unprecedented times.

Cons

Not applicable, because I love PicnicHealth

January 5, 2021Head of People

Wow! Thanks so much for this review!! We feel the love!!

"Great People, Great Mission"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at PicnicHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are a lot of great people that are very mission driven. It's nice to come to work each day knowing that you're making the world a better place. The overall intellectual capacity of the people is also very impressive.

Cons

Typical startup growing pains. Things are being developed very rapidly.

May 8, 2020People Team

Thank you for your review, and it’s great to hear how meaningful the work is to you. I agree, our People are pretty great... Thanks for being one of them! :)

3. COVID-19

"Great Place to Work! Awesome People + Mission + Culture!"

I have been working at PicnicHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at the company for 2 months now, most of which has been during the shelter in place, but it's been a great experience working for PicnicHealth even working from home! The culture & people are top-notch. Everyone from the CEO and CTO down are super down to earth, approachable, and humble. We're only 40 people but already building out sustainable processes to reflect the fact we are planning smartly for the future! *Most kind, genuine, & supportive group of people I've ever worked with *Amazing mission + strong business model & cash flow *Lots of opportunity for impact & growth *Female CEO/leadership & inclusive environment Also the office is dog friendly! :-D

Cons

Nothing in particular. Just some of the typical things related to be at a fast-paced growing startup such as things can change quickly & still establishing certain best practices around company-wide communication and processes. All to be expected at this stage!

May 8, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking time to share this review. It’s awesome to hear how positive your experience has been in these few months, especially in spite of the Covid-19 crisis. Can’t wait to get back to the office with you and to enjoy more visits from our team mascots (aka pets)!

4. COVID-19

"Positive culture, mission, and values"

I have been working at PicnicHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Supportive team with an inclusive culture. From the onset the team has been a positive force. We continue to make heavy investments into our people and hiring the right ones. -Everyone's work directly impacts the success of the business, huge ability to make an impact and be successful -One of the only truly patient-centered healthcare tech companies -Sound and thoughtful financial strategy even during challenging times (ie COVID-19 pandemic) -Meaningful work with a commercially proven value proposition

Cons

-We need more people! Everyone works hard and works smart but we cannot hire fast enough.

May 8, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking time to share this review. We are glad your experience of the team and culture is so positive - thanks for contributing to these as well! We will continue doing our best to hire quickly, and as you said, bring on more of the right people.

5. "Great team tackling hard problems. Good combination of ambitious work and fun times."

I have been working at PicnicHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Build something that helps patients and helps cure disease. * Data driven (and not just ads/clicks)

Cons

* Longer than average work hours (compared to a big corporate)

May 8, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective - I think the title of your review is spot on!

6. "Great mission, high-growth, humble and helpful people"

I have been working at PicnicHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

You feel great working for a mission-driven company that's helping patients and contributing to critical medical research. Everyone here is incredibly nice and goes out of their way to make everyone around them successful. The company is doing really well, growing rapidly, generating significant revenue, attracting great talent.

Cons

It's still an early stage startup, so there are a lot of unknowns, and not all of the infrastructure is in place yet. Healthcare is a challenging industry that's hard to break into. And you could always use a few more people to help with all of things we're trying to do.

April 9, 2020Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective on working with us. What you share resonates deeply with me personally, but, more importantly, with how we hope our teammates feel working at PicnicHealth. Thanks for working hard (yes, more people would be great!) and being a positive force on our team.

7. "Wholesome, practical startup in a messy business"

Current Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PicnicHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Makes the medical system a little bit less terrible for very sick people, especially if they're moving between hospitals and doctors. - Leadership and coworkers are humble, motivated, smart, and supportive. - Flat hierarchy, minimal process, little drama, and few meetings. People focus on getting things done. - On the ML side, tons of interesting problems that are hype-free and critical to the business. - Cute dogs.

Cons

- It's a scrappy startup that *manually* digitizes medical records. It's a messy business to begin with, and layers of complication have built up around the operations. Few parts of the codebase are simple or clean. - The minimal process is a double-edged sword; a poor fit for those who like well-defined structure, or are uncomfortable with self-directed work. - Also not a good place for specialists; for example a Machine Learning Scientist who is skilled at modeling but can't productionalize their model.

February 3, 2020Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of working at PicnicHealth. I especially appreciate how real you are about what's working (yeah for the mission, the people, the ML tech, and the culture!) and where the "mess" is - the world of medical records is in total disarray, which is why we got into this business in the first place. Its a fun and exciting challenge for many people, but it may not be for everyone. We're looking for anyone who may be curious to look under the hood and get their hands dirty helping fix the problems that may arise at any given time! Thank you!

8. "Fabulous people & inspiring mission...working at PicnicHealth is a privilege"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant & Office Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PicnicHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company's leaders are all brilliant, but more importantly kind, super humble. down to earth and really funny. (In fact pretty much everyone has a great sense of humor...) The company is tackling a tough challenge that even Goliaths like Microsoft have tried (unsuccessfully) to solve. The mission unites and inspires and creates a real sense of camaraderie. On top of this, it's a very diverse team (led by a female CEO!) with folks from all over the world and many different background. I can genuinely say that I like each and everyone of my coworkers and have a lot of fun at our events/picnics/happy hours/team workout sessions, etc.

Cons

People work hard (also smart), sometimes very hard! Sometimes we just have to do what it takes to get it done. I haven't seen any negative culture of pressuring people to work extra long hours, but I think it's because of this that when things need to get done in a hurry, people step up and make it happen. (not exactly a con, but the only thing I can think of right now.)

November 7, 2019Head of People

Thanks for this review. Puts wind in my sail today to know that you're having such a positive and meaningful experience at PicnicHealth!

9. "Love it"

I have been working at PicnicHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Coworkers are super helpful, passionate and hard workers. - All ideas are welcomed. - Management is great.

Cons

- None so far!

November 7, 2019Head of People

It's the people who make it happen - so thanks for being part of this journey!

10. "A great place to think outside the basket"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PicnicHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic, collaborative work environment where your day-to-day is never the same - there's plenty to do! Ownership over product features and management who encourages you to explore new solutions. An awesome team, exciting problems, and a warm fuzzy feeling you are working for a company that actually helps people :)

Cons

Its a startup, so hours are longer than your typical big company. They make up for this with great snacks and food.

November 7, 2019Head of People

So it's been over a year since you shared this very positive review. If you're still on the team, do you have any updates to provide? Would love to hear how your experience at PicnicHealth has evolved over the last year!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 English Reviews