KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

A culture of excellence and empathy

Aug 16, 2021 - Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company's mission to help patients and provide data that helps power future treatments has attracted a fantastic team. It's a high empathy, low ego environment, where technical excellence is celebrated. Engineers have opportunities to own and solve novel problems, which impact the work of researchers and lives of patients. Work life balance is a strong core belief of our management team, as is transparency about company decision making.

Cons

If you're someone that isn't excited about learning new things all the time, Picnic isn't a great fit. It's a high context environment, with complex problems to solve, and product requirements that evolve at a fast pace as our business expands and we support patients in new disease areas.

Head of People

Thanks so much for taking the time to share such a thoughtful review of your experience working with PicnicHealth. I particularly appreciate the suggested filter of "needs to be excited to learn new things all the time." That's true! And is a benefit for some people, but not a great fit for all. We're lucky to have you on the team!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A place I can thrive as a professional and a well rounded human

Jun 8, 2021 - Head of People in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A mission that matters for the world and that attracts deeply committed, interesting people - A compelling business model that's actually working (we have revenue!) and enables patients to access their records at no cost - Exciting, cutting edge technology (human in the loop ML) and product (leader in real world evidence for medical research) - Human forward culture where people are real, valued for their unique perspectives and backgrounds, and can thrive as full humans (family friendly, life friendly) - I am amazed every day by the quality of my colleagues as people (not just professionals) - Amazing professional development through real world practice in figuring stuff out.

Cons

Not a good place for someone who is looking for very clear, predefined roadmaps and procedures. We're building those. While flying.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great culture with a lot of growth ahead

May 14, 2021 - Strategic Partnership Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Ability to directly impact the business - Take on complex topics and work with the autonomy to contribute and run with it - Funding is not an issue and the leaders are cash-conscious/responsible - Hiring in a diverse executive leadership team that aligns with the company's fantastic culture and has a wealth of experience - Fast-moving and fun, love working with everyone on the team - Patient-centered mindset (rare for a healthcare tech company with a great go-to-market plan)

Cons

- Time to make final decisions can be drawn out by leaders with too much on their plate - A lot of staffing pivots can lead to some start-up instability feelings--some people deal with this well but it is harder for others - Tons of work, do not expect a 40 hour work week

2 people found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for letting us know how your time at Picnic has been so far. Glad to see you motivated by how directly you, in fact, can and DO impact the business. You matter! Keep up the great work - we're lucky to have you on our team.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Cares about patients, partners and employees

Jun 2, 2021 - IT Security in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting challenges working at a startup in the health sector. Great coworkers and transparent management. A company you can feel good about working for.

Cons

Usual startup things, not necessarily cons - wearing many hats, rapidly changing work environment. Some roles may be very busy as hiring ramps up.

Head of People

Thank you for letting us know how your time at Picnic has been so far. I am happy to hear you are feeling motivated by our mission, team members, and transparent management. We are happy to have you here!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Inspiring and collaborative team working to make a difference in patients' lives

May 28, 2021 - Director, Product Marketing in Salem, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compelling company mission Collaborative team Smart and inquisitive

Cons

No cons to speak of yet

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are glad you align with our mission and enjoy how collaborative the team is. We are lucky to have you on the team!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

We are changing the world, by owning your health and advance medicine

Dec 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am so grateful to be part of a company that cares for the world and it's people. In PicnicHealth, we don't work for a boss but we work for a cause. We helped a lot of patients own their health by building a meaningful healthcare timeline and contribute to advance medicine. Working for PicnicHealth is a dream come true, because we have a high impact to the people and the world. Thanks for taking care of us and despite the pandemic, we keep our jobs and provide to our families in this trying and unprecedented times.

Cons

Not applicable, because I love PicnicHealth

Head of People

Wow! Thanks so much for this review!! We feel the love!!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work! Awesome People + Mission + Culture!

Apr 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at the company for 2 months now, most of which has been during the shelter in place, but it's been a great experience working for PicnicHealth even working from home! The culture & people are top-notch. Everyone from the CEO and CTO down are super down to earth, approachable, and humble. We're only 40 people but already building out sustainable processes to reflect the fact we are planning smartly for the future! *Most kind, genuine, & supportive group of people I've ever worked with *Amazing mission + strong business model & cash flow *Lots of opportunity for impact & growth *Female CEO/leadership & inclusive environment Also the office is dog friendly! :-D

Cons

Nothing in particular. Just some of the typical things related to be at a fast-paced growing startup such as things can change quickly & still establishing certain best practices around company-wide communication and processes. All to be expected at this stage!

2 people found this review helpful

People Team

Thank you for taking time to share this review. It’s awesome to hear how positive your experience has been in these few months, especially in spite of the Covid-19 crisis. Can’t wait to get back to the office with you and to enjoy more visits from our team mascots (aka pets)!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wholesome, practical startup in a messy business

Jan 28, 2020 - Machine Learning Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Makes the medical system a little bit less terrible for very sick people, especially if they're moving between hospitals and doctors. - Leadership and coworkers are humble, motivated, smart, and supportive. - Flat hierarchy, minimal process, little drama, and few meetings. People focus on getting things done. - On the ML side, tons of interesting problems that are hype-free and critical to the business. - Cute dogs.

Cons

- It's a scrappy startup that *manually* digitizes medical records. It's a messy business to begin with, and layers of complication have built up around the operations. Few parts of the codebase are simple or clean. - The minimal process is a double-edged sword; a poor fit for those who like well-defined structure, or are uncomfortable with self-directed work. - Also not a good place for specialists; for example a Machine Learning Scientist who is skilled at modeling but can't productionalize their model.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of working at PicnicHealth. I especially appreciate how real you are about what's working (yeah for the mission, the people, the ML tech, and the culture!) and where the "mess" is - the world of medical records is in total disarray, which is why we got into this business in the first place. Its a fun and exciting challenge for many people, but it may not be for everyone. We're looking for anyone who may be curious to look under the hood and get their hands dirty helping fix the problems that may arise at any given time! Thank you!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great mission, high-growth, humble and helpful people

Feb 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You feel great working for a mission-driven company that's helping patients and contributing to critical medical research. Everyone here is incredibly nice and goes out of their way to make everyone around them successful. The company is doing really well, growing rapidly, generating significant revenue, attracting great talent.

Cons

It's still an early stage startup, so there are a lot of unknowns, and not all of the infrastructure is in place yet. Healthcare is a challenging industry that's hard to break into. And you could always use a few more people to help with all of things we're trying to do.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective on working with us. What you share resonates deeply with me personally, but, more importantly, with how we hope our teammates feel working at PicnicHealth. Thanks for working hard (yes, more people would be great!) and being a positive force on our team.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Positive culture, mission, and values

Apr 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Supportive team with an inclusive culture. From the onset the team has been a positive force. We continue to make heavy investments into our people and hiring the right ones. -Everyone's work directly impacts the success of the business, huge ability to make an impact and be successful -One of the only truly patient-centered healthcare tech companies -Sound and thoughtful financial strategy even during challenging times (ie COVID-19 pandemic) -Meaningful work with a commercially proven value proposition

Cons

-We need more people! Everyone works hard and works smart but we cannot hire fast enough.

People Team

Thank you for taking time to share this review. We are glad your experience of the team and culture is so positive - thanks for contributing to these as well! We will continue doing our best to hire quickly, and as you said, bring on more of the right people.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews

PicnicHealth Reviews FAQs

93% of PicnicHealth employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PicnicHealth 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with PicnicHealth Job Seekers