Piedmont Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Kevin Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • High turnover, hard to transfer from dept (in 9 reviews)

• Human Resources is dysfunctional (in 7 reviews)

1. "Nice place to work!"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Location, not understaffed, lots of flexibility with time off and hours worked. Very few weekend requirements, but able to work more at higher PRN rate if desired.

Cons

Not many really. Only regular issue is continuity between the weekend staff's transition to weekly staff on Mondays.

Advice to Management

None really.

2. "Cutting Edge of Healthcare"

Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Piedmont Hospital is a very family oriented employer that serves to challenge its employees, but provides a great deal of support among staff members.

Cons

My main reason for leaving Piedmont Hospital was the commute. The Institution is in a prime location for patient access and care, but difficult to drive two hours a day to work there.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to patients, families, and employees while providing excellent healthcare in the Metro Atlanta area.

"I enjoy working at piedmont because the job is very interesting and I feel like I directly influence the quality of care"

Current Employee - Great Place to Work and Grow In Your Career in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Great Place to Work and Grow In Your Career in Atlanta, GA

Pros

- Interesting work
    - Career growth and training offered
    - Supportive management in most cases
    - Good work life balance
    - Reasonable pay and it's nice to get a small bonus at the end of the year

Cons

- PTO policy is not that good and misleading when you are hired
    - Not many "extra" benefits
    - Medical benefits are not that great for this to be a hospital. You would think they would be better.
    - Too many old timers in IT have too much control. It gets to the point where you cant do you job efficienty because of all the restrictions IT has in place.

Advice to Management

I was disappointed to hear our CTO say that IT was "an expense" and needed to be kept under control. I agree with cost controls, but as an IT person, I get tired of the "IT is just an expense" mantra. We provide valuable services that make EVERYONE's work much easier and much more efficient. I automate things all the time that would take an FTE to do manually, so my work should be considered as cost-savings and not as an expense.

4. "Piedmont has been by far the fairest and most caring place to work for in my career, it's like home."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've never worked anywhere that went above and beyond the norm to provide such fair and equitable treatment of their staff compared to what I've experienced at Piedmont Healthcare. I honestly feel that an enormous amount of time, work and expense has gone into rewards programs for all levels of employees, with support from the highest levels of leadership. Strategies that impact employees as well as patient care are not taken lightly or without extreme diligence, our patient's care and needs have always been first and foremost. I have received excellent care at Piedmont when I've needed it, and so have my family members.

Cons

There are always challenges when you are in growth-mode, but expansion is much better than the alternative, and necessary to survive in this ever-changing industry. I wouldn't care to work for a system that is satisfied with status-quo, or worse, declining.

Advice to Management

Keep rounding and listening, our employees will provide you with good feedback and will not let you down.

5. "Very good place to work"

Former Employee - X-Ray Technologist in Statesville, NC
    Former Employee - X-Ray Technologist in Statesville, NC

I worked at Piedmont Healthcare part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and very good benefits.

Cons

I was only working PRN. I needed more hours and benefits.

Advice to Management

Always give a person a second chance.

6. "Lucy, I'm home"

Pros

Multiple opportunities within different departments and locations

Cons

traffic on Collier Rd is annoying

7. "A great learning experience with even better benefits"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have a very strong supervisor and director. They both are willing to help in any situation and my supervisor keeps his/her employees motivated.

Cons

Working with the general public at any job has the potential to be tedious. It is very fulfulling to have the opportunity to provide some of the best service (with a strong team there to back you) to make someone's day, but you aren't always given that chance in this field.

8. "Excellent job...one of my best employers ever!"

Former Employee - CT Tech in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - CT Tech in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Piedmont Healthcare part-time

Pros

Great pay, wonderful supervisor, open communication with staff and management

Cons

traffic to job was the problem

Advice to Management

continue being open when communicating with staff. It helps the staff to know where everyone stands and what is required of them.

"Better, Better, Better!"

Pros

Visionary Leadership and awesome staff. I've been with Piedmont for two years now. It was a pretty good place when I started - culturally, one of the most friendly environments I've ever worked in. Things were a little chaotic...lots of new software implementations that may have gone to "Go Live" a little premature, but even during the height of chaos our clinicians never skipped a beat wit our "patients first" montra. Now under the new senior leadership, particularly Kevin Brown and Vicki Cansler, Piedmont is reinventing itself with "stewardship" as our new focus - Piedmont belongs to the community and we are "stewards" of the community's hospital. When Piedmont said, "It's time to get BETTER", we did and we are...getting better every day.

Cons

Traffic to and from work is definitely a huge challenge...not a lot of "back up" routes during unexpected traffic situations. A twenty minute commute can easily turn into an hour and a half, with even minor accidents. Front line managers need more "management" training - most are too "hands on" ...tactical, but not very strategic - employees see them as good teammates, but they don't have the confidence in them as leaders, which becomes problematic whenever they need someone to turn to.

Advice to Management

Stay the course with your vision and get your managers trained.

10. "Overall fantastic."

Pros

Great leadership, pay and atmosphere.

Cons

Very few overall, floors differ greatly from what I can tell.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!