Pierce Manufacturing Employee Reviews about "mandatory overtime"

Updated Jun 11, 2019

Found 4 of over 117 reviews

3.4
Pierce Manufacturing President James Johnson (no image)
James Johnson
Pros
  • "people first, great culture, cross functional(in 6 reviews)

• "Clean and safe work environment(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You get exposure to upper management that tenured employees will never get which seems slightly unfair(in 6 reviews)

• "Mandatory overtime is the thing I hate the most(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "mandatory overtime"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee

COULD be a great place to work

Jun 11, 2019 - Electrician in Appleton, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Pay is decent. - Consistent raises. - Work is relatively easy if you are technically inclined. - Fairly clean work area.

Cons

- Grossly mismanaged. - Constant, year round mandatory overtime. - Odd shifts. - Raises based on attendance instead of performance. - Work/Life balance non existent. - Scheduling is not family friendly. - Quality of work declining due to jobs being rushed. - Favoritism, buddy system, and vastly different expectations between people/shifts. - Management will not address issues described on the previous line. If you bring up these blatantly obvious issues you are likely to be reprimanded for talking about it. - Rock bottom moral

10 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Worlds most ethical company? LOL!!!

Nov 10, 2018 - Assembly Line Worker in Appleton, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Running water. Roughly 1 bathroom for every 500 employees. Heated during winter months. Most of the roof doesn’t leak. Somewhat paved parking lot.

Cons

World most ethical company?!?! Are you guys serious? Servant Leadership?!?! Do you even know what that means? I find it quite amusing that the company’s CEO, Wilson Jones, travels to all of these luncheon/seminars that cost each patron $60+ a pop so he can regurgitate some junk he read in a book years back that the business in no way is a part of. The management team treats shop employees just slightly better than an Auschwitz labor camp. Hey management, are you guys enjoying yourselves up in that office every day, for the whole day? Don’t answer that, I’m sure you’re on your way to a meeting. Just force more mandatory overtime, everything will work itself out. Got family? Well, you better get them a job here, because that’s the only way you’ll see them. Oh, and those fake reviews on here? Lol, you guys are great! You’ve got some serious catching up to do though, your artificial reviews are being drowned out by reality.

13 people found this review helpful

Pierce Manufacturing Response

VPHR

Thank you for your feedback. Please come forward to your supervisor or HR representative so that we can discuss these details further with you. - The Pierce Human Resources Team

3. 2.0
      Current Employee

This was the best company, let's make it great again!

Oct 11, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

This use to be the elite place to work, it is still exciting to build fire apparatuses. Many employees are great talented and helpful employees. The work is fun.

Cons

Constant mandatory overtime, upper and middle management disconnected, no room for employees to develop. Once you are at top pay you will sit there with the laziest people making the same as you.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Assembler

Jan 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is pretty good. I like some of the people I work with. It's clean work and pretty easy.

Cons

Management is horrible. They don't listen to the floor workers. Mandatory overtime is the thing I hate the most. We work 6 days a week mon-sat. We are supposed to be first shift but sometimes we have to start at 4 a.m. We need to have three shifts but management would rather make us work tons of mandatory overtime than add a third shift. No one is held accountable for anything. It used to be a lot better at Pierce but lately I've been looking for another job.

6 people found this review helpful

Pierce Manufacturing Response

HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we would like to invite you to meet with your supervisor and HR to discuss some of the concerns outlined above. Please email humanresources@piercemfg.com with your availability to meet. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews