Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
W Davis Pilot Jr

Pros
  • Pay is good and you can learn a lot of hands on experience quickly (in 8 reviews)

• great pay, good hours will work with you (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Away from Home, typical IA stuff (in 6 reviews)

• They make the long hours pass faster (in 9 reviews)

1. "insurance"

Current Employee - Manager in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Manager in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

long long days and the hours are hard

Cons

pay is very good and worth ur time

Advice to Management

none

"Nepotism + "Police State" = Experienced people will hate it!"

Current Employee - Catastrophe Claims Adjuster in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Catastrophe Claims Adjuster in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Many good people working at Pilot, including family members of Pilot.
    -Many opportunities for new adjusters, if you can overcome the police state.
    -Pilot pays on-time and the personnel in the payroll department are 2nd to none.
    -If you can work for Pilot/ Allstate you can work for anybody.

Cons

-Nepotism is real at Pilot. Be very carful. An innocent conversation will have you booted in less than thirty minutes. Remember, that person can be someone's girlfriend, daddy, cousin, boyfriend etc...

-Pilot is managed like a "policed state". Many employees of Pilot, that are watching you, are retired policeman and detectives. The Pilots don't trust you.

-Casinos, horses, and Alabama charities are treated better than the employees of Pilot.

-You will be asked, by unscrupulous managers, to modify reports which could be illegal. It happened to me from the highest levels of the company. Document every claim file with the managers you speak to and the directions they give you. Trust me, they will throw you under the bus, back it up, leave it on you, and then will let the birds eat you up. Document, document, document!

-I witnessed harassment and illegal drinking on the job. It was reported to HR and to all of my supervisors, and nothing was done! They will cover-up, depending on the person.

- There has not been a pay increase for Pilot in 18+ years, that is , for the adjuster. All increases have went to Pilot and their police force.

-All storms are overstaffed. Try driving across the country, getting 15 claims, and get paid 87.50 for each one. Pilot don't care how many adjusters work. Pilot don't care how much you sacrificed, or how much money you made or lost. They simply have no empathy but for their own.

-Pilot is the "Sweat Shop" for Allstate. If you are working an Allstate claim, especially a claim under 5K, "you" are being way under paid.

-Environment is toxic to your health.

-There are several retired Allstate employees working for Pilot. Some are fantastic others are responsible for making the environment toxic. They love to push their weight around and their egos are very fragile. They don't forget and will make your life very uncomfortable if you cross them. It's the " Good ole white boy" system or a version of it.

Advice to Management

If you are too old to walk in the building, retire!

Keep up the good work, you know who you are.

"Good company to work for..."

Current Employee - Catastrophe Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Catastrophe Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO

Pros

Pilot is a great company to work for once you have proven yourself. If you are a hard worker and a good producer they will keep you busy whenever they have claims to give out. They will work with you and give you all of the tools you need to be successful in this industry but you HAVE to be willing to ASK for help as soon as you need it rather than waiting until it is too late.
    I have been working for Pilot for more than 10 years now and I only work for them. Every time that one of the other Cat companies call me I am already deployed for Pilot so I have to tell them no.

Cons

The industry has changed a lot over the last few years. A deployment used to be at least a couple of months but now, you are lucky if you are deployed for more than a month at a time. This is due to the areas being flooded with adjusters after a catastrophe. This, of course, effects the annual salary of the adjusters. Where an adjuster used to make 30-45k on a single storm and average more than 120k per year, now you can expect to make much less per storm and per year.
    This is not necessarily the fault of Pilot but rather the carriers they contract with are requesting a lot more adjusters than they actually need in an area because they want all of the claims handled in a shorter amount of time. I have to admit that this is better from a customer service stand point, but not better for the adjusters who are out there working.

Advice to Management

There really should be more opportunities for advancement within the company. It appears as if there is really no place to go up from being an adjuster. Also, it would be really nice to see an apprenticeship program implemented for new adjusters to give them the skills to succeed.

5. "Adjuster/Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Independent Claims Adjuster in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Independent Claims Adjuster in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

They are a good company to work for

Cons

need more trainers for their employees

Advice to Management

Management is Fair

"Independent Adjuster Firm"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

This company is a very good company to work for. My experience was exceptional and I will gladly work for this company again.

Cons

I can not think of any issues at this time. My experience was a good one. I would gladly work with them again.

Advice to Management

The only advise I would give management is to acquire more contracts outside of the usual contracts.

7. "ILR Claims Associate"

Current Employee - ILR Claims Associate in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - ILR Claims Associate in Irving, TX

I have been working at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

Having a job. That's it

Cons

Nothing but lies and blah blah. I swear team managers and upper management get bonuses based on how many lies they tell.

Advice to Management

If you going to do something do AND QUIT BLOWING SMOKE UP PEOPLE'S BUTTS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN FOR 5 MONTHS NOW. IT'S GETTING OLD.

"Horrible"

Current Employee - ILR Claims Representative in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - ILR Claims Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

You make money everyday, a check to take home. That's it that's all . Really. Oh and a cafe in the other building to eat in

Cons

They just lie so damn much about promotion and what they'll do when truth be told they don't do nothing ! Everyone up there is lying off back

Advice to Management

Stop LYING !!!!!

"CAT Adjuster"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

It was work in a slow year.

Cons

It was working for Pilot.

"Childish"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mobile, AL

I worked at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top of the line development hardware

Cons

Constant shenanigans , hard to focus when people are yelling (high school like atmosphere)

Advice to Management

Manage!

"Inside Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Property Claims Adjuster in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Property Claims Adjuster in Mobile, AL

I worked at Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fair wage, good location, close to hotels, apartments and restaurants.

Cons

No training; new adjusters are handed difficult clients and are told to tell the client the former adjuster has been transferred; which is seldom true. Don't rock the boat! You'll be gone in a NY minute and never called back.

Advice to Management

Why offer advice? They do what they want with no regard to employee's opinions.