Pilot Flying J GSL Reviews

2.4
Pilot Flying J CEO Shameek Konar
Shameek Konar

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pilot Flying J and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Head manager below gm

Jun 24, 2021 - GSL in Jasper, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Opportunities to grow Decent to pay

Cons

I had a great manager at my first location and when I transferred I still had a great manager then they changed management. All the management in South Georgia besides a few are phenomenal. South Georgia north Florida needs to be redone through management. They keep incompetent gms that in turn lose good employees and when employees leave they gossip heavily. MANAGEMENT MATTERS!

Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to relay your concerns about the management. We'd like to discuss more if you could follow up with an email to pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great so fr

May 13, 2022 - GSL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free meals on lunch break

Cons

None so far yet at the tome

3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Not worth it

Jan 27, 2022 - GSL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free coffee. That’s about all I can think of

Cons

Company doesn’t have your back

Social Media Coordinator

We appreciate you expressing your concerns. Let's continue the conversation to see how we can improve. Please reach out to us at pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com to discuss your comments further.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Pilot or Flying J?

Jul 5, 2021 - GSL in Salem, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Flexibility Ability to move in store

Cons

May not be the best benefits Every store is different in how flexible they are Moving out of region is hard Company is not willing to update their bad computer systems. Pulling a drivers recepts shouldn't make you want to cry when you have a line. And this is kind of emblematic of the company as a whole.

Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for sharing this with us, as this is a serious concern. Please reach out to pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com so we can understand the issues surrounding this matter and work to resolve them.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not so good

Jan 12, 2022 - Gsl II (Shift Lead)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours and decent pay.

Cons

Poor management, no incentive, very unloyal bosses.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Underpaid & Not appreciated

Jan 18, 2021 - GSL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- flexible schedule - (some) free food

Cons

- overworked - expected to advance to management with little or no salary change

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A company dedicated to fast clean and friendly service

Jul 19, 2020 - GSL/Cashier in Winslow, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working there was like having a second family

Cons

EOD was a late night

Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience with Pilot Flying J, and we hope you will share your positive work experiences with others in need of employment.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great depending on which location you're in

Jul 24, 2019 - GSL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at four different locations- which shows they WANT to keep their employees, you feel non-disposable. Pay is decent, sometimes flexible with work/life balance, room to advance, meeting all sorts of people (drivers), fast-paced environment, focus is on guest experience and employee satisfaction, sales and scores bonuses, employee discount on food, close relationships with co-workers..

Cons

Too many employees get away with no call/no shows leaving one shift unable to function properly, and causing scores to plummet. Training is very limited. Cranky guests and little help from uppers to handle escalated situations. Rewards program ALWAYS has glitches- which causes more cranky guests and loss in sales. Policies seem to be "whatever you want" depending on the day... there is no structure to rules. Employees being punished by having their hours cut..

Digital Marketing Coordinator

We appreciate you expressing your concerns on trainings and retrainings. Let's continue the conversation to see how we can improve our training opportunities. Please reach out to us at pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com to discuss your comments further.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Officially looking another job

May 15, 2018 - GSL in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work if you're lazy ! All you have to do is show up to get paid . Any kind of working while on the clock is not necessary, they just need a warm body in the building. Pretty decent benefits if you can stand it long enough with all the drama and favoritism.

Cons

The constant chaos of dealing with mostly unhappy people. Never being acknowledged or recognized for the hard work that you put into your job day in and day out and above all forget any idea of being part of a team because there is no team !!!!!

2 people found this review helpful

Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you'd like to discuss your comments further, please contact us at PFJHR@pilottravelcenters.com.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I Love My Job!

Feb 21, 2019 - GSL in Terre Haute, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

They value their employees, guaranteed hours, extensive training, tools & benefits available to keep your health & home life function well, the longevity of the employees speaks volumes, competitive pay & bonuses.

Cons

Discipline for employee infractions & poor attendance are not consistent, poor behavior is not corrected & affects morale, favoritism in scheduling

Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us all you do for Pilot Flying J! If you'd like to discuss your comments further, please reach out to : PFJHR@pilottravelcenters.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews