Pilot Thomas Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Dennis Cassidy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great place to work, good pay and benefits," (in 4 reviews)

• "Coworkers are good people mostly" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Medical benefits are expensive and do not provide extensive coverage, growing pains stem from many recent acquisitions and mergers" (in 4 reviews)

• "No room for moving up you are stuck" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great job"

Former Employee - Acct Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Acct Representative in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Pilot Thomas Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team, interesting customers, supportive supervisors

Cons

Upper corp. leadership changed often.

2. "Favortism and the lack of leadership"

Current Employee - Accounting Staff in East Rancho Dominguez, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting Staff in East Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Pilot Thomas Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It gave me an opportunity to learn about the industry

Cons

Lack of qualified employees who are currently working there. There is low work morale. Managements are bullies and their performance reviews are based on the staff members of the team and lots of constant complaints about good employees who are doing a good job. Management is the absolute worst- they don't care about taking care of issues and if you express your opinions at them- they will do anything to get rid of you. I wouldn't recommend anyone working here unless you like this kind of environment. Management breaks company policies all the time and cover them up with coming up with some excuse.

Advice to Management

Fire current management and get better medical benefits.

3. "They take care of you"

I have been working at Pilot Thomas Logistics full-time

Pros

The company really does try to take care of their employees.

Cons

People get shuffled around a lot.

Aug 13, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the great review and we really appreciate your feedback! We hope that you continue to have a positive career with Pilot Thomas Logistics.

To discuss your concerns further, please... More

4. "Fast Paced Collaborative Work Place"

I have been working at Pilot Thomas Logistics full-time

Pros

Management provides a monthly call across the organization and is open to suggestions and feedback. The Company has a strong commitment to recognition and investing in the business and it's team members.

Cons

Nothing stands out at this time.

Jul 23, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

5. "Growing Business with Great People"

I have been working at Pilot Thomas Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The business is growing! I love my co-workers! Everyday is new and exciting.

Cons

Sometimes change is hard. Some people are resistant to change and they need to be more open.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from the team that is in the field or on the ground to obtain a different perspective.

Jul 31, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

To discuss your concerns further, please... More

6. "Went from a place you'd never hear a bad word about to a place no one wants to manage, or work."

I have been working at Pilot Thomas Logistics full-time

Pros

There are good people who will stick with PTL through the good, and bad, if they were just treated like valuable team members

Cons

Lack of Leadership
    Extreme Micro-Managing to the point that no one even knows why they bother
    Bringing in people who do not promote, much less encourage a team environment. They want everyone to do the work, while they reap the credit, and they have destroyed customer/business relations because of their lack of management skill

Advice to Management

In the beginning of this year, everyone loved their job, employees in the field were happy, customers were happy, and growth was steady. Strong effort was put in because work was appreciated. It felt like a team environment should. Everyone pitched in, and you never heard someone say "that's not my job" A few months ago, a management position in our office was swiftly filled by someone who is not a team player in the least, and who swiftly shattered the team environment that made the workplace such a functional space, that made you actually WANT to get up and go to work every day, and make this company better. The majority of the original management team has now left because they have been worn down so much, and much like the newfound office sentiment, they were just done. No one wants the job of running the office because of how everything has been handled as of late, customers are unhappy, no one is trying to fix the things that do need to be fixed, and the overall office morale is extremely low. They attempted to fix an office that wasn't broken, and the person that was mostly responsible for breaking down the good team environment we had, has succeeded in making everyone feel like the glorified help. No one can offer their assistance because this person has to step over everyone like they are the only person in the entire office who can do anything. They love to tout their status as if everyone else is beneath them, and everyone gets tired of being chastised like a misbehaving child. This is a career for most of us, not just some job. Everyone in that office did their work every single day with Pilots best interests in mind. Now they are treated as if everything they touch should be questioned and subject to extreme scrutiny. Everyone has stopped trying to assist in making suggestions to fix the broken system we now have, because the rule book is promptly thrown at them by people who treat the company policies like its a tool you can use to abuse your employees, as well as to accuse various people of various things, as if they get some sick satisfaction out of it. No one feels valued, and certainly not appreciated anymore. If you want to know what makes or breaks a company, it's this, right here. You cannot plug someone into an office that operates so heavily on a team atmosphere, who clearly isn't a team player, and never will be, just because they're "in" with someone who has the ability to have every other perfectly qualified candidate overlooked by way of favoritism. Management should have been filled based on someone who was willing to get in the trenches with everyone and do the work necessary to build that office, and who is the embodiment of a team player; not some self important micro manager, who wants to stand on their soapbox and look down their nose at everyone. It should have been filled fairly, by a pool of qualified applicants. Instead, it was filled by someone who was hardly qualified, but was "in" with the right person who could expedite their placement in that position, again, due to nothing more than favoritism, instead of giving other management applicants fair consideration. You wanted hired help, and you succeeded. You now have an office that isn't PTL proud, because you beat it out if them and then scratched your head and wondered where the pride went. I sure hope you're proud

Thank you for your feedback and bringing your concerns to our attention.

7. "Current Employee - 2 years"

I have been working at Pilot Thomas Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay. Probably to help cushion the blow of the expensive benefits. CFO seems genuine.

Cons

Poor 401k contribution and performance. President is rude. Compensation is below market.

Advice to Management

Cut executive bonuses and take PTL Proud points and maybe you’ll have an appreciation for the employees; let the employees who are working overtime get paid bonuses for keeping the company running. Worst company I’ve ever worked for. All of the negative reviews still exist. The more positive ones are newer employees who don’t have anything better to compare it to. If you have any college education, don’t waste your time here.

Thank you for your feedback and bringing your concerns to our attention.

We want to sincerely apologize that you have had this experience while working at Pilot Thomas Logistics. As we continue to... More

8. "Financial Analyst"

I have been working at Pilot Thomas Logistics full-time

Pros

Great management allowes you to learn and grow

Cons

Poor pay and benefits. Don't give raises

Advice to Management

Be more generioous to your workers to motivate them to work.

Jun 11, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback about PTL. As we continue to grow, we enjoy hearing feedback about anything that we can work on. You may reach out to us via email at humanresources@pilotthomas.com if you... More

9. "Awful place to work"

I have been working at Pilot Thomas Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location is good and weekly pay is a plus.

Cons

Upper management, middle management, unexpected overtime, poor training and horrible benefits.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees about the expectations and realized that people have lives and don't eat, live and breathe PTL.

10. "Its OK"

I have been working at Pilot Thomas Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vacation time, decent pay, work/life balace

Cons

Double standard, sketchy industry, favoritism, expensive insurance

Advice to Management

Be fair to ALL employees