Pima Medical Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Pima Medical Institute President and CEO Fred Freedman
Fred Freedman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They not only provide quality medical training but, support students and employees in many ways (in 6 reviews)

• We are a family owned company, but more importantly because of our ESOP program, we're a majority employee owned company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons to working at PMI (in 11 reviews)

• Majority of staff and faculty enjoy working at PMI so much that they do not leave, most employees have and or will retire from PMI (in 3 reviews)

1. "Online Instructor"

Current Employee - Online Teacher in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Online Teacher in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a wonderful company that keeps the student at the center of all that we do. We are an employee owned company where we take pride in keeping our costs as low as possible while delivering the highest quality education to the students we serve.

Cons

More higher education institutions, both for-profit and non-profit should use PMI's model.

"Starting line"

I worked at Pima Medical Institute full-time

Pros

Hours of work and the instructors on staff

Cons

Little support and even less structure

Advice to Management

Create a corporate approved training module or adapt an existing that will help the faculty and staff work in unison to achieve both, academic goals for the students and scholastic goals for the institution.

"Best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Career Services Coordinator in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Career Services Coordinator in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Supportive corporate team! Positive family environment! Student focused!

Cons

Not really a con for me but not a whole lot of room for advancement. Majority of staff and faculty enjoy working at PMI so much that they do not leave, most employees have and or will retire from PMI. I feel this is a PRO!

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to student, employee and employee partners. Their direct feedback, how it is evaluated and implemented is part of what makes PMI a positive, unique experience for all who are lucky enough to be a part of this family.

"Blessed"

Current Employee - Admissions in Chula Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Admissions in Chula Vista, CA

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time

Pros

The "higher ups" are humans with beautiful hearts. They are not your typical money hungry bosses. They actually laugh with you and smile at you. You get fed a lot. You do not work on weekends. Bosses are flexible and understanding. Everyone is family in the WHOLE company.

Cons

You will never take another opportunity, because you'd be stupid to leave :). No one ever quits

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"I have never felt so blessed and so proud to have been afforded the opportunity to work for a company."

Current Employee - Admissions Representative
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I first started the job search that lead me to Pima, I had been in so many negative staff engagement environments that I knew no matter what my next job was going to be, no matter how much it was going to pay, my number one priority was finding a company where people enjoyed going to work. Each time that I found an intriguing job opportunity, I would immediately go to Glassdoor and check the engagement statistics for that company. I passed over more opportunities than I can count because so many of them had low staff opinions. When I finally came across the position at Pima, and saw both staff engagement and recommendation of CEO above 80%, I thought, there is absolutely no way that is a true percentage, no company is rated that high, no large amount of staff is that in tune with who their CEO is.
    I could not have been more incorrect. I am now 8 months into my journey with Pima and I cannot effectively describe how accurate and how true those percentages are. There is something about Pima that is so hard to explain but so easy to feel that sets it apart from anywhere else. There is a palpable engage of compassion, determination, respect, credibility, honesty, community and connection in every group environment that you walk into. I have never felt so blessed and so proud to have been afforded the opportunity to work for a company.
    They have created such a strong foundation of such an amazing culture that it permeates into everything that we do.

Cons

From the bottom of my heart, I do not have a single con. When you have a CEO who walks through the halls of each campus and takes a minute to recognize every employee, how could you have a con?

Advice to Management

Thank you for the amazing culture that you have built. Thank you for making your staff feel valued, appreciated, challenged and important. A job within this company is one of the best opportunities that can come your way.

"Instructor"

Former Employee - Instructor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Instructor in Houston, TX

I worked at Pima Medical Institute part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Adult students are very rewarding to work with. Students are held to a high standard. Instructors are given teaching techniques to help transition from industry to education professional.

Cons

Nepotism in the Veterinary Technology program. Students are not allowed to pass or fail on their on merit. High turnover for instructors in this program.

Advice to Management

Nepotism is never a positive in Management.

7. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Medical Administrative Assistant in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Medical Administrative Assistant in Renton, WA

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for!!

Cons

I have no complaints about the company!!

8. "Admissions Assistant"

Current Employee - Admissions Assistant in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Admissions Assistant in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute (More than 3 years)

Pros

A company that I am proud to work for. They truly care about their students.

Cons

Communication from corporate to campus is often lacking.

"Lead Dental Assistant Instructor"

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant Instructor in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant Instructor in Renton, WA

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Completely blown away by the warm reception by the current faculty, management, and students. The training and expectations were explained and facilitated wonderfully by management. This is a family oriented learning institute I am beyond excited to start my new journey with my colleagues. I look forward to being a positive influence to the new present and future dental assistants.

Cons

Wish more people knew how great PIMA is and all the courses they have to offer. The great support staff they have in place in career services to help them a long the way.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing....you guys Rock!

"Medical Assistant Instructor, CCMA"

Current Employee - MDA Instructor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - MDA Instructor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pima embraces and encourages you to perform and advance in your knowledge for students.

Cons

Holiday pay is not granted for part-time employees.

Advice to Management

keep up the hard work and dedication