Pima Medical Institute Reviews

4.7
Pima Medical Institute President and CEO Fred Freedman
Fred Freedman
Pros
Cons
  • "I have no cons to write about at this time(in 25 reviews)

• "There are no cons to working here(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Program Director in Renton, WA

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You make a difference in a student's life. Pima cares about employees and their students. You are an employee-owner and what you say is listened to by administrators.

Cons

I have no cons to write about at this time.

Pima Medical Institute2020-04-14

"Company with Integrity, Heart and promise for a bright future."

Current Employee - Student Accounts Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Open door policy. 2. Participates in an Employee Stock Ownership Program. 3. Works to maintain the philosophy of the founders which, among other practices, included the idea of giving back to our communities and the brilliant idea of "people first"(students, community and employees). 'When you put people first, company profits will follow. " 4. Leadership that any company would be proud of, on all levels.

Cons

Some employee owners would like to be brought into conversations regarding changes and growth of our company. There is some of that but could be a lot more.

Pima Medical Institute2020-04-17

"Great Company-Student Centered"

Current Employee - Clinical Director

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PMI is the most student centered educational institution that I've ever had the privilege of working for. They are generous with their employee benefits, including employee stock option plan. This is a very ethical company that I am proud to be affiliated with.

Cons

There are none that I can identify.

Pima Medical Institute2020-04-15

"Proud to be a part of this Organization"

Current Employee - Instructor, College Or University in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pros of working here are almost endless. I cannot say enough good things about how fair and diplomatic everyone is. From the janitor to the CEO - we are a family. We treat each other as family. Corporate office has always done what is fair with their employees. Even doing things that weren't their responsibility, they still "do the right thing." If it is for a student, or for an employee. Everyone looks out for one another and if something happens to one, it happens to all. Can't say enough - I love going to work - We do have stresses but we take them on together and work together until it is resolved.

Cons

Don't we all wish we made more money? I really cannot complain there either, just thought of a negative everyone says....

Pima Medical Institute2020-04-16

"Quality Education, Quality Employer"

Current Employee - Instructor, College Or University in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute part-time for less than a year

Pros

The Pima organization, from the top down, demonstrates a commitment to deliver what they promise- a great value in medical career education. Every employee I have encountered demonstrates professionalism, enthusiasm and a desire to contribute to developing outstanding medical technicians. Having started just before our current Covid-19 crisis, I have seen first hand how the instructors and administration have sought to support each other and the students through a very challenging transition to on-line learning. It has not been easy, but there has been camaraderie and encouragement all around. The corporate staff have provided excellent training and direction and have maintained high expectations for quality education to be delivered.

Cons

It has not been an issue for me, but hours are varied due to different class schedules.

Pima Medical Institute2020-04-15

"PIMA Stands Strong Against COVID-19"

Current Employee - Faculty Member in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a crazy time out there with the COVID-19 pandemic, but without a doubt PIMA stands strong. I have never been more impressed with how the leadership and the instructors have come together to ensure that our students remained successful during these trying times. There was no hesitation to ensure our students would continue their education from the Faculty and no hesitation that our Faculty would continue to be paid from our leadership. Without a doubt, this makes a strong statement, and I am glad that PIMA is allowing us to work from home and protect ourselves and our families.

Cons

Changing to an online platform overnight does not come easy for any organization but PIMA made it look easy. We were provided guidelines and regulations to assist us in managing our transition, and we began this while we were on campus.

"I ❤️ PMI"

Current Employee - Instructor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For Phoenix campus. Very well organized. No lack of communication. Awesome team! Stacey is phenomenal and a great leader.

Cons

It's so far from my house.

Pima Medical Institute2020-04-14

"Family Owned Company--and feels like it!"

Current Employee - Instructor in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great management at all levels Fair benefits package Employee stock ownership plan

Cons

Not a lot of room for upward movement

Pima Medical Institute2020-04-16

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Faculty Coordinator in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pima is an ESOP company, upper management cares about those working on ground

Cons

unable to donate/cash-in PTO

"PMI is the BEST!!"

Current Employee - Clinical Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working at PMI! We are like a big family from different walks of life. I have never felt more appreciated for the work I do.

Cons

No cons to list.

Found 246 reviews