Pima Medical Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Pima Medical Institute President and CEO Fred Freedman
Fred Freedman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A very transparent and family oriented company, that is also employee owned" (in 13 reviews)

• "I have never worked for a company that shows so much commitment to the students and employees" (in 7 reviews)

"Great Company"

Current Employee - General Counsel in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - General Counsel in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pima succeeds in a tough sector because it stays focused on what matters: educating students and helping them gain employment in their field of study. The same commitment to core values supports a great workplace. Employees own a majority of the company. We work hard and get paid well, and receive plenty of positive affirmations.

Cons

I can think of no negative attributes. (Having represented Pima as as its attorney for 35 years (part-time GC for the past almost 4), I'm sure I'm biased. However, I have represented dozens of businesses over 37 years, and this one's great!

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

2. "Great time to study"

Former Employee - Work Study Tutor
    Former Employee - Work Study Tutor

I worked at Pima Medical Institute part-time

Pros

Good people. Helping people.

Cons

Can be slow, but good study time.

"PIMA Proud!"

Current Employee - Medical Career Specialist
    Current Employee - Medical Career Specialist

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great family/work-life balance, Community involvement, Our high number of tenured employees coupled with amount of employees that work up to their retirement from PIMA speaks volumes for the type of company we are!

Cons

The few things that could be considered cons from my perspective are non-issues and have no bearing on our amazing company!

Advice to Management

Fred and Liby, thank you for your consistent leadership and genuine interest is employee success!

"The Best!"

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People driven company. Yes, its a business, but they care about you as a person. Employee ownership, caring CEO and leaders.

Cons

No company is perfect. This is the closest I have seen. They do the best they can and are always striving to make things better for the employees and most importantly the students.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. This is truly a great place to work.

"Office Administration"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ESOP
    Changing Lives of Students

Cons

Part time has no paid holidays off

"LOOK NO FURTHER!"

Current Employee - Supporting Cast in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Supporting Cast in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pima Medical Institute is the real deal in so many ways that it's almost impossible to list in this brief review! I have been in the private school sector for most of my 20+ year career and can say unequivocally that NO ONE even comes close to PMI! From the genuine caring for every student who attends the schools to the graduates and even those who have left prior to completion, PMI walks the walk! Students ARE what this organization is about - not just some cheap catch phrases about caring - this place is the real deal! Employees are treated with dignity and respect throughout the organization. The leadership of the organization genuinely cares about the success of the students and everyone who supports them on their journey...bar none! I have never experienced this level of caring for everyone that is part of the PMI family! And I don't say this lightly as I have worked for a Fortune 50 and others who were held in high esteem in our sector (which isn't easy to do these days). If you are looking to find a home with professionals who truly care about what they do and who they do it for, check out the positions available at PMI - come play for a winning team...a team that is genuinely proud of what they do and who they do it for!

Cons

The only con I can share is not about PMI - it's that it took me this long to find my dream organization! It was worth trekking the broken road though!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing...because you're doing it right!

"VERY HAPPY"

Current Employee - Admissions Support Center in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Admissions Support Center in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is awesome! Best experience as a new hire, didn't have to wait for anything, everything was setup and running correctly. Changes that affect my job are updated immediately you never have to wait or hear it from a co-worker.

Cons

I can't think of any for now

Advice to Management

Please continue to manage the way you do, it's working!!!

"Very Family Oriented; Takes care of their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am one of the newer employees and 100% of the days I have worked we have had some kind of baked good provided for us. The team here campus wide is very friendly, helpful, and welcoming even the higher ups. We are well taken care of here.

Cons

We eat... a lot! We have had lunch provided for us at least once a week and again some kind of baked good almost everyday so it's hard to say no to goodness and any new years resolution of losing weight or cutting out sugar may not work well for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I love how employees are treated like equals and not talked down to. They literally have an open door whenever you need them

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pima Medical Institute has a bright future. All corporate staff members are easy to work with. The company has many self-motivated individuals. Supervisors are trusting and trustworthy. With all the investments in cutting edge technology, this company has no limits.

Cons

There are no downsides of working for Pima Medical Institute that are worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Continue the push to be innovative!

10. "Pima Medical Institute"

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute part-time

Pros

Pima Medical Institute is a team oriented and family feel campus. When hired you get time off to use and accrued within 6 month. Benefits to soon follow. They give incentives to a gym pass and public transportation. They are very fair with benefits to their employees.

Cons

Parking can be an issue sometimes. You walk a ways to the building.