KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pima Medical Institute and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK

Apr 29, 2022 - Certified Medical Assistant in Chula Vista, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

An honest, ethical company that cares about its students AND its employees. The students get a great education and the teachers work hard to make sure they have the skills they need to start work.

Cons

Our campus is too small - we really need to expand!

2. 5.0

Love teaching at Pima Medical Institute

Jun 1, 2022 - Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pima cares about students and making sure they have the skills they need to be successful and thrive in the medical field. Pima makes it easy for people who have busy lives to get the career they have always dreamed, with the flexible schedules and online courses.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

3. 4.0

Great students

Jun 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working with our student population. Program director is also supportive.

Cons

Pay is not competitive, especially for faculty with advanced degrees.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Employee owned

Jun 22, 2022 - Administration in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Investment of company in each individual employee

Cons

Salary Support equipment Flexibility Certificate systems framework

5. 5.0

Instructor - Medical Assistant

Jun 1, 2022 - Instructor, Medical Assistants
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay Comprehensive benefits Time off/Holidays Team building activities Collaborative work with other instructors Fulfilling work by student impact Consistent support from faculty and management Positive work environment

Cons

Need increased coverage for teachers

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company. Education is a difficult profession

May 22, 2022 - Dental Hygienist
    Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, profit sharing, paid time off

Cons

low hourly salary, overworked, no flexibility due to no employee coverage and inability to take PTO

7. 2.0

Cleaning House

May 23, 2022 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Top notch learning for the students Depending who you are and what campus fun environment to work. Benefits are good

Cons

Too many managers trying to make it their way since the family left. CD cleaning house. If you are not part of the crew you are on the block and CD wants you out it become miserable for you. As long as Management is happy, it doesn't matter how the lower employees feel because the management will blame them.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Management needs help

May 19, 2022 - Faculty Member in Chula Vista, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offered me competitive pay and an outstanding training course.

Cons

Unprofessional supervisors resulting in constant miscommunication and inconsiderate confusion.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Watch OUT

May 27, 2022 - Student Services Coordinator in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair Pay Benefits are good

Cons

The company truly believes they have good company culture but the truth is, the "culture" you experience is truly dependent on the department you are in. You think you can go to HR but they only believe those in leadership, and you're pretty much forced to leave or wait around to be fired. I was isolated, belittled in meetings (by others in other departments) and because I made a few mistakes early on they took away my ability to do anything and then asked "why aren't you doing anything?" Instead of just saying things outright and being honest, they play games and try to scare you/intimidate you/blindside you. The only reason it didn't work with me was because by the time they were really trying to push me out, I had already signed another offer a week before they tried to fire me. Seriously, watch out! They think they are good and it's sad that they have departments that are literally bullying/isolating people into silence. I was even asked by a Manager if I was pregnant. She literally never spoke to me and then out of nowhere "Hey I got a feeling you're pregnant. Are you?" Who does that?!

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Apr 21, 2022 - Faculty Instructor in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pima Medical Institute Colorado Springs Campus is a friendly and collaborative place to work. The faculty and staff is always smiling and stopping to say hello and check in on how you are doing. Leadership is friendly, approachable and really listens! I feel very comfortable talking to any one of the Pima employees including the campus director!! Pima Medical Institute is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employees and their students. Everyone works hard to meet the needs of the students. Everyone knows everyone, says hello and helps each other. A fringe benefit is that out of the blue, the department or management team will do something so nice for the employees. . .like a "back to campus survival kit" or an anniversary bonus or a little bag of candy in your mailbox. The employment benefits are amazing. . .I have been in the workforce for many many years and it is so refreshing to see a company that really cares for and works to improve the lives of their employees!!! I absolutely LOVE working at Pima. I love the faculty meetings, all campus meetings and continuing ed opportunities. It is great to feel included and informed about all aspects of the company. I love the celebrations of birthdays or holidays or reaching goals. It is a very positive atmosphere and I can honestly say this place is NOT TOXIC like other work places that I have known!!

Cons

I can honestly say NO CONS. Could I list "icing on the cake" that would make my job even better. . .sure. . .but no cons whatsoever!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 422 Reviews

Pima Medical Institute Reviews FAQs

Pima Medical Institute has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 434 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Pima Medical Institute to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pima Medical Institute employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pima Medical Institute. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

89% of Pima Medical Institute employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pima Medical Institute 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Pima Medical Institute to be management, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be career development .

Popular Careers with Pima Medical Institute Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Pima Medical Institute? Share Your Experiences

Pima Medical Institute Careers

Cover image for Pima Medical Institute

History and Philosophy At Pima Medical Institute, we want you to succeed in the classroom and in your career. We...More

• Fun at PMI
  • Our Success
  • Our Video

Company Updates

Logo

695 days ago

President's Message The COVID-19 crisis has affected every aspect of our lives. We're grateful that our students remain committed to healthcare career aspirations. That decision has become more significant now than ever before in our lifetimes. As campuses slowly begin the process of returning to on-campus learning, I want to emphasize to everyone that the safety of our students, faculty and staff is a top concern. We are committed to the success of our students and want to support their ability to gain the skills necessary to begin a rewarding career in healthcare ? with safety at the forefront. I realize none of this is easy, and want to thank all students, faculty and staff for their hard work, ability to pivot and dedication and determination. We will get through this together. Sincerely, Fred Freedman President and CEO Pima Medical Institute

Pima Medical Institute Photos

+ Add Photo
Pima Medical Institute photo of: Pima Medical Institute reaches a milestone of 100,000 graduates
Pima Medical Institute photo of: Veterinary Technician Instructor - Working from Home
Pima Medical Institute photo of: Graduation with Social Distancing