Pima Medical Institute "truly cares" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Pima Medical Institute Employee Reviews about "truly cares"

Updated Feb 28, 2019

4.5
Pima Medical Institute President and CEO Fred Freedman
Fred Freedman
Pros
  • "Employee-owned company, which creates a supportive and team focused culture(in 19 reviews)

• "PIMA truly cares about students and outcomes(in 10 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "truly cares"

Return to all Reviews

"LOOK NO FURTHER!"

Current Employee - Supporting Cast in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pima Medical Institute is the real deal in so many ways that it's almost impossible to list in this brief review! I have been in the private school sector for most of my 20+ year career and can say unequivocally that NO ONE even comes close to PMI! From the genuine caring for every student who attends the schools to the graduates and even those who have left prior to completion, PMI walks the walk! Students ARE what this organization is about - not just some cheap catch phrases about caring - this place is the real deal! Employees are treated with dignity and respect throughout the organization. The leadership of the organization genuinely cares about the success of the students and everyone who supports them on their journey...bar none! I have never experienced this level of caring for everyone that is part of the PMI family! And I don't say this lightly as I have worked for a Fortune 50 and others who were held in high esteem in our sector (which isn't easy to do these days). If you are looking to find a home with professionals who truly care about what they do and who they do it for, check out the positions available at PMI - come play for a winning team...a team that is genuinely proud of what they do and who they do it for!

Cons

The only con I can share is not about PMI - it's that it took me this long to find my dream organization! It was worth trekking the broken road though!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing...because you're doing it right!

Pima Medical Institute2018-12-22

"Overall Company AMAZING - local campus NIGHTMARE"

Former Employee - Instructor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Retirement and Benefits for employees is unheard of in this day and age. Corporate culture and leadership. PIMA truly cares about students and outcomes. It's not about making money with them. The founder of the school's integrity is still the foundation of the company today.

Cons

Local campus is a hostile and toxic work environment with a fake front. No support or leadership for educational staff. Employees will not speak up for fear of losing their job or backlash. People walk on eggshells. Management has dysfunctional personal relationships with each other which make them unable and unwilling to be effective leaders. All to be part of the mean girls club.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to take a closer look at this campus. When employees are told they cannot fill out an anonymous employee survey until everyone is in the same room with management watching and filling it out together all in the "name of ESOP", you have a problem. That’s not leadership more like dictatorship.

Pima Medical Institute2019-02-28

"Pima Medical Institute is a GREAT place to work!"

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pima Medical Institute has been the best company I have ever worked for. They truly care about not only the students but their employees too. I am so lucky to be a part of the PMI family!

Cons

In my time here, I have not found any cons that I feel need to be addressed.

Pima Medical Institute2018-04-23
  4. "Honesty, Integrety and Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Career Services Coordinator in Chula Vista, CA

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Pima does truly care about the success of each student - They care about their employees future - Great management and support system

Cons

- Yes, we eat too much! but we love it! :)

Advice to Management

Keep setting clear goals for the organization and don't lose sight.

Pima Medical Institute2018-04-04
  5. "Admissions Assistant"

Admissions Assistant in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute for more than 3 years

Pros

A company that I am proud to work for. They truly care about their students.

Cons

Communication from corporate to campus is often lacking.

Pima Medical Institute2017-12-23

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute

Pros

Pima is a wonderful place to work! The benefits are awesome and the company truly cares about its employees. This company is very student focused and takes its reputation within the community very seriously. As a result they care very deeply about integrity and that is extremely important to me as an employee. The CEO makes a point to meet every employee, and really makes this place feel like a family.

Cons

I have no cons! I love my job!

Advice to Management

No advice, just keep up the good work!

Pima Medical Institute2016-09-09

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time

Pros

This company is amazing! It truly cares for its employees and more importantly its students. I have worked for PMI almost 8 years and love getting up in the morning knowing I am going to see my PMI family!!!!! Our Employee Stock Option Plan is the best in the business.

Cons

I don't see many cons with PMI, however would like to see assistants for the various coordinators and the campus directors especially at the larger campuses.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Thank you PMI for letting me be apart of a great organization and family!

Pima Medical Institute2016-06-21

"Wonderful people and Management"

in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute for less than a year

Pros

The culture at Pima is that people truly care about each other and the students. From the CEO to the administrative assistants, there is team work and comradery throughout the Company. I am so glad I made the decision to leave the job I had been at for the past 4 years and come here. The fact that the company is an ESOP means that the employees have partial ownership and will be rewarded with stock shares just for being a great employee. I no longer have to worry as much about about my retirement because of my stock options and their generous 401K match. The benefits are great, the generosity of management is unheard of in today's workforce. This company has allowed me to have less stress and a healthier work life balance.

Cons

The pay tends to be on the low side for certain positions.

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees know how important they are and remind them when they're doing a good job.

Pima Medical Institute2016-05-26
  9. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Admissions Assistant in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

An employer where management truly cares about their employees and makes them feel valued. It doesn't end with just the employees though, once I was able to move from a corporate position to a campus position I was really able to see how student focused Pima is. Just made me even more grateful too work for this company.

Cons

There have been some downs, but they always get resolved and it just becomes a learning experience.

Pima Medical Institute2016-01-11

"Corporate"

Corporate in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute

Pros

Pima Medical Institute is a place of Integrity. I'm prod to work at a company who truly cares about their employees.

Cons

There are no cons to working at PMI

Pima Medical Institute2015-06-18