Pinch Food Design Intern Reviews | Glassdoor

Pinch Food Design Intern Reviews

Intern

2.7
CEO

1. "Exciting Young Company with Great Potential for Growth"

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Pinch Food Design as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The owners and staff are young and motivated. The small office consists of a diverse group of very interesting people. It's a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, with great passion for process and product. They have a really unique spin on what they're doing in catering.

Cons

Pinch is a young company, so there are a few kinks to work out. The office works well together in tackling issues as they come up, so it would be a great place for any natural problem-solver and good team players.

2. "The experience gave me nightmare and a lot of regret interning here,"

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Pinch Food Design as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company seems nice from the outside looking in.people looks friendly..
     Well, too bad.. They actually not that friendly.

Cons

Like another review by other intern said.. The experience is so similar to me. I'm not surprise at all. I was so pumped and excited to be intern here. I was hired by stella and most of job description seems so fun.
    They hired me and the other girl. And she gets to do event proposal and help out at event. All they let me do was folding uniforms , move boxes ,grocery shopping, cleaning shelfs. Very unimportant jobs and probably doesn't need to be done but they just try to find something for me to do. While the other girl get to do so many things and goes eat lunch with her mentor(stella) they just left me there in the office -by myself.. Is this normal? I don't have place to sit and have nothing to do. And can leave early while the other girls need to stay late. And they never really ask me for help

I hold a lot of resentment to stella. Because she's the one that I interviewed with.
    After I started intern, I realized that she already got her intern that work directly with her. And I am just an office run around. She barely speak to me or ask me anything at all. It was high school all over again. I come to term that they actually only need one intern but accidentally hired 2?

I quit after a week by just Not show up because I just cannot take the dreadful experience anymore. I don't want to skip lunch because no one ask me to go to lunch or go grab sandwich or anything to eat with.

Advice to Management

Directly to stella, you seems like a nice lady and I really liked you but wow this experience opened my eyes. You are totally need to check your attitude toward interns and life. You are not a nice person like you want people to believe you to be one.

Karma will gets you one day.