Pinkerton Government Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Pinkerton Government Services Reviews

2.0
Kevin Sandkuhler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Contractor for cheap."

Former Employee - Security Officer in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Pinkerton Government Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pinkerton does offer okay benefits for their full-time employees, but there is not a lot of assistance to their employees beyond this.

It was a job and I made decent money without a degree. Not a bad college gig if you need a quiet night job to do homework or study. Lot's of free time in between responsibilities and lots of overtime possibilities do to the number of officers who don't show or sleep past their shifts. Hours can be very flexible, but the company is huge on seniority, so you have to serve your time.

Cons

Horrible opportunity to excel and move up in the company. Pinkerton constantly offered me new posts or opportunities and then ripped them away for a cheap hire instead. They will always take the cheap option and their lower employees take the hit. I took a pay cut while working there just to keep my job when they could not hold onto site contracts due to poor performance. Additionally, the bad employees were almost never reprimanded for not showing up, consistently being late, or failing to complete their duties. Considering the site was a classified defense contract, I was appalled by how lazily senior management let the biggest problems go. This is the worst job I have ever had and I started in retail / food services.

Advice to Management

Reward your dedicated, diligent, and hard working employees. I worked with a lot of great officers and none of us ever caught a bone for picking up shifts and carrying the weight of our other staff. If these employees were targeted for promotion, I believe Pinkerton can really utilize some of their younger and aspiring talent.

2. "Guard"

Pros

People you work with at the company

Cons

Management out of touch with employees

3. "It has Changed from what it may have been (it is now Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services)"

Current Employee - Security Guard in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pinkerton Government Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good start for the industry

okay pay

fellow guards are good people

Cons

expect high workload

not a job for students, my position will not allow studying during breaks

management only seems to care about the client and not you

Advice to Management

Make sure your account managers know what they are doing, my account manager is poor at planning and scheduling(loses paperwork as well claiming to have "forgotten it") and is essentially a "yes man" for the client, he does not seem to care or know about the guards he works with,many guards actually left the company due to his poor management skills leaving us understaffed

4. "Not so good"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Pinkerton Government Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Better pay than most. They do provide nice uniforms.

Cons

Very little contact with management, hard to get in contact with mgt. As with most, you are working at THEIR will and may be terminated without reason or any reason given.

Advice to Management

Follow up on training, keep in touch with your people.

5. "It was fine."

Former Employee - On-call Receptionist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - On-call Receptionist in San Diego, CA

Pros

The Post Commander was very respectful and understanding. Even more so, while I was pregnant with my second child. He knew both my husband and I for a long time.

Cons

The HR representative wasn't very nice to me when I asked about something that I sent to me via e-mail. Her response was "Just read it."

Advice to Management

The HR should be more empathetic towards the receptionists/guards. That way they have a more positive experience. A positive attitude towards other people goes a long way.

"Not a good job"

Pros

-very easy job
    -decent money based on what you actually have to do for the client site
    -good fellow employees

Cons

-management will not disclose information such as work hours when applying. i was told it was a fulltime job but it turns out i was a floater

Advice to Management

-talk more with employees
    -stop being so disorganized
    -make sure that you give employee all the tools they need to do their job