Pinnacle Airlines Mechanic Reviews | Glassdoor

Pinnacle Airlines Mechanic Reviews

Updated Mar 6, 2013

2.2
Pinnacle Airlines President & CEO Ryan Gumm (no image)
Ryan Gumm
0 Rating
  1. "Pinnacle.. for beginning mechanics. I decided pretty good after later experiances with other airlines, service center's."

Mechanic in South Bend, IN

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

Advancement opportunities, flight benefits, multiple learning opportunities...sheetmetal, avionics,mechanics. Place to learn. Casual atmosphere untill crunch time. Good co-workers.

Cons

Low to low-medium pay, bad hours and schedule. All 3rd shift and weekends. No social life.

Pinnacle Airlines2010-09-13

"I enjoy working there. Sure the paycut sucked but I enjoy the people and nature of the business."

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great coworkers, ok, 3 out of 5 coworkers are fun if you can take and give in the joke department. We are mechanics....high strung, highly rude mouthed but get the job done kind of people. I work on aircraft. Aircraft people trust to go 35,000 feet in the air and not break apart. Everyday is a learning experience no matter how long you've been in the field.

Cons

Recently took a paycut and had a hike in the health insurance department. Not for the faint of heart. Only thing worse would've been if the company didn't pull through bankruptcy and we ended up out of a job.

Pinnacle Airlines2013-03-07
  3. "OK place to work if you are desperate or want to get your foot in the door."

A&P Mechanic in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

-Will hire pretty much anyone with a A&P license. -Easy to gain seniority due to extremely high turn-over rate. -Flight benefits though poor, at least you have them. -Typically manageable work load.

Cons

-Below average pay for the industry. -Incompetent and naive upper management -Condescending and unwilling to help middle and lower management. -Will hire anyone is both a pro and a con due to employees typically have poor work ethic. -More interested in getting work done fast then have adequate training and follow proper procedure. -Management is not interested in helping the employee . They often say they will do something to make your job easier but 7 months down the road it has yet to happen. -Job responsibilities are typically passed down from upper management all the way to the mechanics. -Lower management rarely complies with job duties lines out in the companies General Maintenance Manual which forces mechanics to pick up the slack. -Unevenly delegated work load at times. - I hope you don't like performance reviews because you wont get them .

Pinnacle Airlines2011-08-06
  4. "Barely good enough to be considered a good entry level experience."

Mechanic in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

Will take just about anyone just out of A&P School. Looks good while building experience time for other employers. Flight benefits.

Cons

Lack of training, lack of supervisory support, lack of trained/qualified supervisors, lack of proper tools, lack of parts, lack of trained or motivated stores people, lack of caring if the job is done right as long as it is done fast (scary), lack of mechanics to do the job. Supervisors have many mini 'fiefdoms' revolving around themselves. There is no conformity or commonality between the way shifts are run, you have to figure out how each lead and foreman work and cater your work around these individuals. Micromanagement...it would get done a lot quicker if you did not constantly ask me to show you where I(we) are at and how much longer it will take. They seem to have no grasp that if you loose over 50% of your workforce, things are going to take longer to get done. Medical and Dental benefits are horrid and expensive. RAMCO!!! Redundant and inefficient computer systems. They will waste a boatload of money unnecessarily in one area and push for megar savings in areas that annoy and endanger the employees, like cheap paper towels, no rags, one size fits all safety gear, don't use the safety gear...yes, they buy the 'safety' gear, tell you 'wink, wink' to use it but if you do, you will be berated for taking to long to do the job. Jobs that should take several hours of safety prep, are completed in just a few hours because safety is blown out the door! If you insist on working safely, you will not perform that function in the future, they will find someone willing to take the risks. If the FAA or OSHA ever made an unannounced visit and really looked at what was going on this company would be fined, big time.

Pinnacle Airlines2011-04-19
  5. "terrible"

Line Mechanic

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

pretty much hires anyone theres not a ton of pros to working here its a regional and it hires entry level which is "a" way to get into the industry but it pretty much discourages any hope in a satisfying career many experienced people

Cons

exceptional political nonsense, nonsense practices related to troubleshooting, ridiculous "preflight" maintenance program ( plane pushes in 3 minutes we're boarded and the bridge is pulled ... better call in that write up i guess...) entire maintenance program feels like its shot from the hip and started yesterday

Pinnacle Airlines2012-04-01
  6. "After I get a few more years of experience, I will absolutely move on."

Mechanic

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

Can easily get hired with little or no experience. Safe working enviroment. You get experience working on widely used regional jet. The other mechanics I work with are good people. Working four ten hour days with a three day weekend is nice.

Cons

High turnover rate, at my location six people have quit in two months. Poor wages and pricey health benefits for the size of the company. Poor communication between upper management and the employees. No real training program for new mechanics on the aircraft or the maintenance software. Managers have their favorites if your not one of them too bad. They don't seem to care when good quality people leave. If you work hard you get more work thrown on you. If you are poor worker nothing is really done about it, they just have the good workers pick up their slack. They never tell if you are doing a good or a poor job, they just tell everyone else.

Pinnacle Airlines2011-04-11

"Not what I was expecting."

Mechanic

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

The extremely high turnaround allows you to advance very quickly. The people I work with directly are fun to be around, and make the work days a lot better.

Cons

Sometimes extremely long hours, which is unsafe when it come's to working on aircraft. No one is apprieciated for their hard work, the only motivation they have is to not get written up, which happens so often it doesn't really bother them anymore. Any concerns or advise to management is in one ear and out the other, unless it involves the aircraft being delayed.

Pinnacle Airlines2010-01-14

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews