Pinnacle Airlines Reviews | Glassdoor

Pinnacle Airlines Reviews

Updated November 7, 2016

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flight benefits were good at one time but long gone now (in 23 reviews)

• All the pros for the company are gone now (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • low wages, no respect for the contract, treated like second class citizen (in 6 reviews)

• Bankruptcy and buyout wrecked the wonderful, small company feel (in 8 reviews)

"Failure of a company"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a flight attendant is a fun job and working with a fun crew is great.

Cons

Pinnacle is shady about paying their employees and will do anything not to pay you. They will over work you, so you need your union by your side at all times.

Advice to Management

Get Mesaba back!

"I enjoy working there. Sure the paycut sucked but I enjoy the people and nature of the business."

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, ok, 3 out of 5 coworkers are fun if you can take and give in the joke department. We are mechanics....high strung, highly rude mouthed but get the job done kind of people.
    I work on aircraft. Aircraft people trust to go 35,000 feet in the air and not break apart. Everyday is a learning experience no matter how long you've been in the field.

Cons

Recently took a paycut and had a hike in the health insurance department. Not for the faint of heart. Only thing worse would've been if the company didn't pull through bankruptcy and we ended up out of a job.

Advice to Management

Spread the experience and "know how" out amongst all shifts and do not just stick the veterans on day shift early in the week. Pay the veterans a bonus to entice them to go to 2nd, 3rd shift or the end of the week.

"Pinnacle Airlines, the downward spiral of what once was a decent company."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's an airline. You get flight benefits although they are less than you would expect.

Cons

Total mismanagement. No real concern for the employees. Morale is extremely low. I would never suggest this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

Quit lying to employees. Involve employees in your decision making processes to get their perspectives and input on things that effect their jobs and lives.

"Please don't accept this job."

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free travel, if you're even able to make the cut on the standby list because you have such low seniority.

Cons

If I could give zero stars, I would.

You'll be treated poorly and the pay is borderline illegal. You'll get paid $1.65 an hour unless you are literally on the plane with the doors closed. You'll sit an 8 hour shift at the airport, and you'll only get paid for 4 ($6.60 for an entire days work? I wish it were a joke).

If a company treats me well, I can handle bad pay. But crew scheduling and management do not care about you. It's no surprise that they can't retain employees. Over half my training class quit within 3 months.

I had many planes that had cabins held together with duct tape and had entire seats unsafe to be used. Incredibly safe.

Wouldn't be surprised if they go under soon.

"Do not come to pinnacle, poorly run"

Current Employee - Captain in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Captain in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Travel benefits thru Delta, that's it

Cons

Working for this company and taking a 30% pay cut last week

Advice to Management

Start managing

"It's a job. Could be treated better by the company."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility of schedule w/ high seniority. Raises every year. They want you to pass Annual Training-- they are making it less intimidating, however, more thorough. The management in Detroit.

Cons

Contract and Pay does not compete w/ other airlines.

Advice to Management

.... bring us in the office for the hard work we do sometimes... not just for something wrong.

"While the opportunity to be an airline pilot is incredible, Pinnacle treats its employees horribly."

Current Employee - First Officer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - First Officer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flying airliners is fun, especially CRJ900s (which will be Pinnacle Airline's only fleet in about 1-2 years based on its new air service agreement with Delta). There is the opportunity to build hours of experience, to be able to move on to other airlines if they hire. Flight benefits are great for those that love to travel. I wish I could be more positive, I really would like to be, but there just isn't enough there to be positive.

Cons

Pinnacle Airlines is a very punitive company that treats its professional employees as if they were badly behaved primary students. There is also little movement. Becoming a Captain as a pilot is the best way to gain the experience to move on, but after half a decade, most pilots are still First Officers, and many are still on reserve. With the planned shrinking of the fleet, this will get worse.

Advice to Management

Hire managers throughout the company with masters degrees in aviation operations management, listen to what they have to say, and manage the airline properly. Additionally, treat the professional employees within the airline as professionals that are vital to success and safety, not as small children.

9. "Great coworkers, everything with mgmt and corporate is a giant mess with nobody being accountable."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing crewmembers and use to have great benefits including health insurance but that's all going away with the new TAs

Cons

You can't get any answers from corporate regarding leaves, pay mistakes, schedule errors, etc... I spend my entire leave trying to get the things I needed and had questions of how it worked and nobody could answer them and didn't know who I could talk too. We (crew) are people too and should be treated with respect. Crew scheduling went through a phase of constantly lying and hanging up on us. Per our contract I'm required to talk to you and you made the mistake so don't hang up on me!

Advice to Management

Base mgmt is drowning, hopefully the recent changes help, crew scheduling has improved (thank you!) but we are living in poverty so please consider this as your cutting insurance, crew pay, vacation and holiday pay, those who did the job for the love of it are being forced to quit and your going to be stuck with employees who can't get any better and will cause the company to continue to go under as they have no passion and respect.

"Once was a family...."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines (More than 8 years)

Pros

In 2004 we were a family that took pride in our company. I looked forward to going to work to see my friends. I took pride in our company by putting on my uniform and getting people where they needed to go.

Cons

Family has been destroyed by greed and selfishness. Love has been replaced by distrust. Faithful employees have lost their fire for the job and for the company.

Advice to Management

Look at the employees - we are the company. Take your greed and hatefulness some other place . What we the employees of Pinnacle want is our company back. If you take care of the people we will take care of the customers. The customers will take of us. People. Service. Profit.

11. "a step in the right direction for some experieance"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people to work with, and the flying benefits

Cons

is just a regional company

Advice to Management

management are great