Pinnacle Asset Integrity Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ryan Sitton

"It's okay."

Current Employee - Asset Integrity Technician in Pasadena, TX

Pros

The environment is definitely friendly since the majority of employees are of young age. Good place to come out of school and build your career. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for work to apply here. You don't have that feeling of a terrible boss over your shoulder.

Cons

I believe asset integrity technicians aren't paid enough. A lot of the work that technicians do are similar if not exactly the same thing analyst are doing. I came in with an analyst during orientation and we both got trained the same. The difference you ask? THEY'RE PAID A LOT! for the same work. With this kind of set up no wonder technicians consider other job opportunities. For god sakes you pay interns more than full time employees. I personally feel embarrassed telling other co-workers I'm a technician, especially interns.

Advice to Management

Maybe you wouldn't need to hire so many technicians if you gave a better career path and compensation. Change Hourly to Salary?

"The Truth! You can't handle the Truth!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pinnacle Asset Integrity Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the words of the recruiters posting on here. "None yet. Will update if this changes."

Cons

Entertaining and amusing. This organization's incompetence confounds and will amaze even the most die-hard employees. On any given day you could expect to complete a new version of a Career Development Program/Payroll Cost Cutting Measure/Training Program/Standard Operating Procedures-They're all the same. Simply smile as you work through repetitive and useless forms before management goes to another introductory course on improving productivity and comes back "Full of new ideas!"

If you work in the trailer, lookout for the bed bugs and black mold, only wish I was joking about this. Hope everybody stays safe.

Advice to Management

"Be Yourself" is about the worst advice you can give some people.

"Great company with some growing pains"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Pasadena, TX

Pros

Opportunity. If you put in the effort, you'll go far. With such a rapidly growing company, new roles and niches come up all the time to be filled. These cry-baby reviews are from people who won't put in the blood, sweat, tears, and hard work. I'm not an engineer (random liberal arts degree here), so duh, it's going to be harder to advance at an ENGINEERING consulting company.

Culture. With the struggles of the past year, the culture has been a bit shaky, but the awesome events are coming back (Giving Week, sports tournaments, etc.) and the atmosphere is getting back to normal. What a novel concept: when negativity gets cut out, everyone else starts to feel better.

The people: I love the people I work with. I've created long lasting friendships and networking that I never would have at another company.

Cons

No company is perfect. This isn't a Fortune 500 company that's been around for 100 years. We're still growing and mistakes are going to be made. Bumps in the road are going to come up. But that's where the hard work and perseverance pays off. Are you just going to complain, whine and not do anything about it? If you don't want to work hard, don't work here. Don't waste your time or ours.

Advice to Management

If people with their boots on the ground want to give their opinion or advice, listen. The cry baby reviews are annoying, but don't 100% discredit them. There's always a modicum of truth buried in their whiny BS.

"Great Company... Bad Leadership"

I have been working at Pinnacle Asset Integrity Services full-time

Pros

Pinnacle is an interesting place... Really fun to work for, great people, and seemingly great customers. There are regular company celebration days, ping pong table, walking desks, and a unique "campus" are all little things that are nice. The work is good too if you are into oil and gas.

Cons

The big drawback at Pinnacle is the old CEO/owner Ryan Sitton. He might be the worst excuse for a human being on the planet. It is completely obvious that he cares only about himself. He is barely around the office at all. If he spent as much time worrying about his employees as he does his cars or his plane or his vacations or trying to look good, then maybe people would like him more. I'm not sure how he can call himself an expert on anything - oh yeah, he's a politician - he is obviously an idiot. How Sitton created a company like this is a miracle in itself... As long as you never have to deal with him, you can have a fine career here.

Advice to Management

Someday if the other leaders at Pinnacle step up and completely get rid of Sitton - although I'm not sure this is possible - then this company should be great.

"Better than nothing...kinda"

Current Employee - Asset Integrity Analyst in Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Asset Integrity Analyst in Pasadena, TX

Pros

Potential for promotion is decent.

As far as I can tell getting promoted at Pinnacle is a war of attrition. If you stay long enough you'll get promoted. People quit so often that after a year or so, you'll be the senior person on your project.

Cons

The work is extremely boring and monotonous. If you are coming out of school and you want to do "engineering" work this is not the place for you. You will apply very little of your engineering education at this company.

The project management is bad. Really bad. Most managers have very little or no experience outside of Pinnacle. They have never learned to run projects properly. When the company was small they got away with it but now that the company is larger, their inexperience and mistakes are hurting the company and making it brutal to work there. It would be nice to actually work for adults. It's the blind leading the blind here.

The company, despite what they say, doesn't really care about their employees. The bonus's are a joke, especially since they got canceled for this year. Twice this year employees were forced to use paid leave to compensate for downtime that was caused by flooding and over a week of server downtime. That's right. The company server was down for over a week and employees were forced to use vacation days or go home without pay for something that was the companies fault.

I could go on and on. Honestly, I would steer clear of this place unless you have no other alternative. Unless they seriously alter their business strategy I doubt this company makes it another 5 years. You've been warned.

Advice to Management

If and when oil prices return, people are going to leave this place in droves.

Hire a CEO already. Preferably one that actually knows how to run a company.

"A Lot To Learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Pinnacle Asset Integrity Services (More than a year)

Pros

Like many people mentioned in previous reviews, Pinnacle is a young, rapidly growing company and does have a lot to learn. A lot to learn has been a positive part of the job for me as it has allowed me to advance in my career very quickly. If you are hardworking and not afraid of a challenge this is the place for you. I have enjoyed getting to make an impact on the company and speak up when I have new ideas for processes. The company is currently in the process of getting ISO 9001 certified and everyone gets to play a part in writing processes and improving the overall performance of the company. I feel I was lucky and "struck while the iron was hot" so my experience has been exceptional here.

If you are an adaptable individual who isn't afraid of a little hard work then this is a great place to start or continue your career.

Cons

If you're a fan of sticking to what you know this isn't the place for you. The only constant here is change.

Some of the expectations set for employees can be a bit of a stretch. When setting goals each year, I feel as though the goals I set are out of my realistic reach with my current workload.

Since the company is young, career paths can be a bit vague. The opportunity to grow is there, but you have to pave your own path rather than following an existing one. If you stay in the same role very long, you likely won't last here. Pinnacle wants you to grow into new roles, but they make it your job to figure out what that is.

"Steer clear, unless this is your first job"

Current Employee - Project Lead in Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Project Lead in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Pinnacle Asset Integrity Services full-time

Pros

As a young organization the company is thirsty for growth. They have plenty of extra-curricular activities. Everyone is young and dedicated to the company.

Cons

Leadership is inmature and does not take advice even from board members with further experience. Firing of former CEO was evidence of that. Also, there is a 'ghost' CEO acts as he is not leading the company yet he is. Professionally, steer clear from this company if you bring experience.

Advice to Management

Company's need to change management from time to time in order to avoid stagnation. The future is bright if you do the right thing, but for that, you need to know or learn what is the right thing.

"Non-engineers stay away!"

Current Employee - Asset Integrity Technician in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Pinnacle Asset Integrity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard to find any. Good company if you are an engineer.

Cons

Non-engineers (especially technicians) are treated badly and underpaid. Engineers are offered training, opportunity for growth, and managers hold their hands step-by-step. While non-engineers are discriminated against and looked down on.

Advice to Management

Treat ALL of your employees fairly. Reevaluate the compensation for non-engineers. Look in the mirror as to why the company has No stability and consistently has to make structural changes.

10. "Data investigation"

Current Employee - Asset Integrity Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Asset Integrity Technician in Houston, TX

Pros

You have the ability to climb if you truly work hard for it. Good job to start your professional career. Pinnacle is a growing company.

Cons

You can at times feel under appreciated. You may experience times when you have to work harder because others slack off.

"A Growing Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pinnacle Asset Integrity Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are genuine and nice. Atmosphere is fun and energetic. Our culture is the highlight. I love my peers. I love my job. The company is growing and getting bigger and better. Every month the company has a town hall which allows the whole company to come together and discuss what is going on with each department within the business. There's also mingling, free food, and drinks after.

Cons

I would say the commute is a bit tiresome, but you get used to it.

Advice to Management

My manager is pretty awesome so I can't really complain. The managers are true visionaries and genuinely care about the people that work for them. They try to make the company a better place to work.