Pinnacle Behavioral Health Reviews

0 Rating
  1. "I love it"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Pinnacle Behavioral Health for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work if you desire to see kids get back on the right track.

Cons

You can't save them all.

Pinnacle Behavioral Health2018-04-11
  2. "Caring People"

4.0

I worked at Pinnacle Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Great coworkers with a good sense of humor

Cons

A bit of stress at times

Pinnacle Behavioral Health2019-03-19

"Great Experience!!"

2.0
    Direct Care Staff

I worked at Pinnacle Behavioral Health for more than 3 years

Pros

Great experience, great coworkers to work with, and it’s very rewarding to watch the kids grow and change and see them succeed.

Cons

Long hours and low pay to start. Be prepared to be overworked and talked to like you’re a Resident most if not all of the time. The staff that don’t do their jobs are praised and those that do their job get no recognition if any. Management says countless times how all their staff are appreciated but they do nothing to actively show it. Favoritism is a staple. Once management finds those they like, those staff get the upmost or special treatment above the rest that actually do their job. The staff house you’re required to stay in for overnight shifts is and has the most unsanitary conditions. If staff bring up the conditions of said staff house, they get told to clean up the exact place to live when they are “on call”. So after working 12 hours in the elements and dealing with kids behaviors on top of that, you’re to be the maid and clean the place that you are to sleep at because you are the “on call” person or you make the choice to stay at the staff house while working. This also comes into play if there’s severe weather because “you’re expected to be here” mentality no matter the conditions. If there’s ever a situation of a kid attempting to run, steal food, etc. don’t give management any information on that event. They’ll use any and all information that you give them against you. You’ll get a write up for doing your job and they will be sure to cover their own behinds in the process. Management gives out coaching notes like candy. They phrase it in such a way that you are being “trained” but you aren’t trained at all. You get the most if not all training by the staff you work with. Management doesn’t do much if any training for their staff. You’re just expected to read folders of information on your “downtime” which doesn’t exist. Court ordered kids are treated like criminals and can’t do anything good no matter their effort in treatment and vocational activities. Private pay kids get the top notch treatment along with the favorite staff. The therapists require notes to be done each day or before the end of each shift. Although you aren’t given much time during the shift to complete said notes. The end result is you spending two hours or more at the end of each shift completing notes for the day.

Pinnacle Behavioral Health2018-05-26
  4. "Very Rewarding"

5.0

I have been working at Pinnacle Behavioral Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working with this specific company for less than a year. I have been working with these people and environment for a couple of years. They are very supportive of all staff and teachers involved.

Cons

Like any other job, it can be overwhelming at times, but the management understands our struggles and comes up with ways to make it better.

Pinnacle Behavioral Health2018-04-10
  5. "Rewarding and Supportive Environment"

Current Employee - Special Education Teacher in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Pinnacle Behavioral Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The employee support at Elk River is top-notch. All of the staff are dedicated and driven to provide innovative strategies to improve the lives of troubled teens. It is extremely rewarding to be a member of the team and to watch the positive impact that we are dedicated to providing to our residents. The campus is in a remote area and the technology is more than adequate to support the employees and the academics. The company is Advanced Ed certified and provides a standards based curriculum in order for our residents to transfer from any where in the US and continue their educational course.

Cons

I do not have any negative comments.

Pinnacle Behavioral Health2018-04-10
  6. "Excellent Teamwork for Resident Care"

Current Employee - Educator in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Pinnacle Behavioral Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Teamwork aspect of Elk River is not just lip-service. Medical, Therapeutic, and Academic staff work in tandem with management to trouble-shoot and problem-solve resident and program needs. All avenues are exhausted in order to assist residents in reaching their goals and progressing toward their success. The school ensures that residents do not get left behind in their academics while they work toward bettering themselves and their family relationships. The holistic nature of the therapy involves all stakeholders in order to create a supportive network for residents and their families

Cons

If you enjoy seeing others begin their life journey with a fresh outlook and tools that can help them long-term then there are no "cons" to this work. It is very difficult and very worth it.

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Pinnacle Behavioral Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team environment. Lots of caring people.

Cons

Can be stressful and challenging.

Pinnacle Behavioral Health2018-04-09
  8. "I enjoy it."

I have been working at Pinnacle Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Supported by my clinical supervisors, understanding, and committed to working for the greater good.

Cons

The cons are not specific to Elk River Treatment Program but the demands of a residential facility.

Pinnacle Behavioral Health2018-04-09

"Direct Care Staff"

2.0
    Former Employee - Direct Care Professional

I worked at Pinnacle Behavioral Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met long lasting friends. The work was rewarding at times when you see success stories from start to finish. However, the successes are far and few between. I learned how to start a fire, if that counts for something.

Cons

Micromanaged, treated as a resident at times, long hours and thankless work, poor pay, the staff house is absolutely filthy (roaches and bugs everywhere) and we were required to stay there multiple times overnight on call (with no pay for the on call overnight hours), upper management doesn’t actually care who you are as long as a warm body is there, the best staff are overworked and given the most exhausting cases while the terrible staff have it easy rather than being trained to do better Treatment depends on where the kid came from—private pay kids stay longer (cash cows basically) with more respect and babying, and court ordered kids are treated as criminals and worked the hardest to prove a point to the “treatment team.” Kids are kept based on a quota meeting basis, and will be kept longer than necessary to meet said quota, especially if they are there via private pay. Overall, there is no respect for kids or employees unless you have something that upper management can benefit from. Constant drama and ALL of it stems from management

Pinnacle Behavioral Health2018-04-19
  10. ""Teacher""

1.0

I worked at Pinnacle Behavioral Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

From working at Elk River, I made lasting friendships with co-workers.

Cons

If you research the program, do not believe the website. The computers in the "school" (and I use school in quotations because it is a pathetic excuse for a learning environment) are ancient. There is no state of the art technology. You will not be able to write your lesson plans, you will not be given a raise even if you have your masters, and if you are a female, you will most likely spend most of your days watching female residents on "Self harm" use the bathroom. You will be expected to work all year long in a disgusting school building with poor air conditioning. Also, upper management will probably not have your back, and if you are a female that tries to discipline a resident, prepare to be accused of getting into a "power struggle", and asked if you are stressed. There is little respect involved in the job. At most, you will be a glorified proctor if you "teach" here.

Pinnacle Behavioral Health2018-03-29