Pinnacle Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Pinnacle Foods CEO Mark Clouse
Mark Clouse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people to work with, great brands to support and a place where you can advance if you take ownership of your career (in 15 reviews)

• Fast-paced, focused on winning, puts up results (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Leanly staffed can also be a con; have to be able to stand up for yourself in prioritizing your work and creating work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Extremely high turnover rate which negatively impacted business continuity (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A place where you can have a lot of impact!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Pinnacle Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leanly staffed so everyone has a big role to play; your work can have big impact. Opportunities to work on projects beyond your regular work. Results oriented company. Great co-workers. Everyone plays to win. Winning track record of results. Easy access to senior leadership. Values are not just a poster on the wall - people actually live them.

Cons

Advice to Management

Be better at prioritizing and recognizing the limited resources to get things done

2. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Pinnacle Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid company that has an amazing work environment. Company moves very fast but will help you every step along the way.

Cons

If you aren't organized and don't keep up with pace you can fall far behind.

Jan 12, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback! We are glad to hear you are having a great experience at Pinnacle.

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Pinnacle Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Over the course of my 3 years at Pinnacle I have been given several career growth opportunities and have been promoted twice. Its a great place to learn, make an meaningful impact and have work life balance.

Cons

need to improve communication and collaboration across locations.

Dec 18, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback! We are glad to hear you are having a great experience at Pinnacle and have excelled in your career here. We wish you continued success.

4. "vlasic"

Current Employee - Topper
    Current Employee - Topper

I have been working at Pinnacle Foods part-time

Pros

good pay, nice job for college students

Cons

long hour in mid summer

Nov 21, 2017 – Human Resources

"Typical Financial institution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Imlay City, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Imlay City, MI

I worked at Pinnacle Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was good for the area

Cons

Treat their employees as assets to be used up and thrown away.
    Only concerned about the bottom line, not the customer, the culture, or even the values they preach.

Advice to Management

Be honest with yourselves and your employees, filling people full of false hope only results in bitter memories and Permanent negative impressions of the company and the specific individuals that fed the falsehoods down the line.

Dec 11, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback regarding your prior employment with us. While that is not the normal experience here at Pinnacle, we will take your feedback into... More

"Supervisor"

I worked at Pinnacle Foods full-time

Pros

Good pay, 401 k solid,

Cons

Upper management are liars and need to listen to there people.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and stop thinking your so important!

Nov 21, 2017 – Human Resources

"Reviews changed my mind!"

Pros

I am a retail customer and love, love your Gardein Products. I am a Foodservice veteran and noticed a huge spike in the demand for plant based products. Example: "Beyond Foods" is enjoying the most successful product launch in Sysco history. This is an amazing fact considering it is a specialized category. Since I haven't seen any Gardein products in the market, I thought maybe I could help.

Cons

Reading these reviews surprised me given the quality and innovation of your Gardein line, especially with regard to employee turnover.

Advice to Management

Employee turnover needs to be addressed in order to attract and keep talent in this competitive environment. Again, I love your products and I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Dec 11, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

"LACK OF DIVERSITY!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Pinnacle Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Excellent innovative company; best I've ever worked for
    -Flat environment so it was easy to get visibility to senior leaders
    -The people were hard working yet fun to work with
    -Flexible work schedule - no one clocked your coming and going/time off as long as you got your work done
    -Great employee recognition initiatives (i.e. Company bowling, company picnic, company Christmas party, peer recognition incentives)
    -Company was making strides to improve processes and systems

Cons

-Lack of diversity (especially minorities) at EVERY level of the organization and EVERY site
    -Lean work environment allowed for people to get burned out easily.
    -Too much emphasis placed on maintaining a low SG&A and as a result, true investment needs (i.e. training and development, affinity groups, etc) go ignored
    -No emphasis on career development; no long term strategy development for employees
    -No mentor program; everyone fended for themselves
    -Employees were not empowered to make decisions; a true lack of trust (i.e. Executive Vice Presidents have to sign off on EVERYTHING from formulas to packaging)
    -Senior leadership was very indecisive with making key decisions, causing a lot of churn and rework which was detrimental in a lean environment.
    -Extremely high turnover rate which negatively impacted business continuity

Advice to Management

I, along with others, have left this company due to the lack of diversity...especially at the leadership level! There were no diversity affinity groups or initiatives in place to bridge gaps in the work place. Diversity was not driven from the top down and clearly not a priority so I decided to leave after seeing MANY of my peers around me continue to get promoted while minorities did not. My advice to management is to start valuing your diverse employees before more great talent leaves! It is an issue that needs to be addressed immediately!

Oct 24, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for providing your feedback and acknowledging some of Pinnacle’s strengths. We have taken note of your perspective on diversity. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Good paying company but a stressful place to work"

I have been working at Pinnacle Foods full-time

Pros

Company pays well and a good amount of vacation days. Open communication from the leadership through emails and video conferencing .

Cons

Seems to be a lot of turn-over at all levels of the organization. Benefit costs seem a little bit high. Stressful place to work with a lot of demands placed on you and very little resources to implement.

Oct 30, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We would like to encourage you to share your feedback with your manager and HR Business Partner. The best way we can improve our organization is through transparency.

10. "marketing"

I worked at Pinnacle Foods full-time

Pros

great office space and working environment

Cons

lots of turnover and turmoil

Oct 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback regarding your prior employment with us. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.