PinnacleART Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
PinnacleART CEO David Rosenwasser
David Rosenwasser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Also, it is a rapidly growing company so there is a lot of opportunity to gain experience and more responsibility (in 8 reviews)

• Intrapreneurship is at the core of the company culture (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance scale is tipped permanently on the side of (in 9 reviews)

• Promotions to Project Lead come quick but then there is not much room for growth, very lateral company and therefore not a lot of salary increases (in 9 reviews)

1. "Great company, lots of opportunity and really fun culture"

I have been working at PinnacleART full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is wonderful. Management really listens to their employees needs and requests and make changes based on our needs. Also, it is a rapidly growing company so there is a lot of opportunity to gain experience and more responsibility

Cons

It is a very fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees needs! Also, performance based bonuses are necessary

"Going Through Changes"

I have been working at PinnacleART full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, especially if coming out of college. There are a lot of good people who work here, and the atmosphere can be really great.

Cons

Employees onsite with clients do not benefit from the monthly meetings and seem forgotten. There are a lot of changes currently happening, some of which have not been popular and there is significant turnover right now with nothing visible being done to reduce the issue. Upper management doesn't always seem trustworthy and like to use scapegoats, and hard work often goes unrewarded.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your employees. The team could benefit from other personality types; right now it seems to be a "good ol' boys" club, where anyone who disagrees with current policies (or the company owner) is not welcome.

"Good People, Young Company"

I worked at PinnacleART full-time

Pros

There is a lot of good people at Pinnacle. A lot of opportunity to gain experience beyond your years and make an impact.

Cons

Work life balance and stress depends heavily on the projects you work on. Work is niche with little training, only way to really understand the value of the work is to work on site.

Advice to Management

Your people are what make your business successful. Happy employees make happy clients. Upper management shouldn't be scared of the client or just a "yes" man when projects aren't going well.

4. "A good place to work and grow!"

I have been working at PinnacleART full-time

Pros

The culture is always what I think about - people genuinely care about you, both from a personal and professional standpoint. There have been multiple times over the years I have worked there where people went out of there way to ensure I was happy.

Compensation is good and there is a lot of room for growth. There is plenty of opportunity to experiment with different positions at the company, figure out what you like, and grow yourself into that position.

Is everything always perfect? No. Is it better than most places I have heard of and had friends work at? In most cases, yes. I enjoy the work I do, and the people I work with want me to stay as long as I can.

Cons

There is frequent change due to the high growth over the years. At times the work can be demanding, but compared to other jobs in the industry, it is nothing out of the normal.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage people in positions across the company to make sure everyone feels they are growing in their career.

"Awesome company!"

I have been working at PinnacleART full-time (More than a year)

Pros

(1) Culture - this is a really fun place to work! We have a very full workload, but everyone is so willing to take the time to help each other. Also, they do monthly Townhall meetings and "fellowships". Management tells us how the company is doing and answer any question that people have, recognize individual employees and teams for significant accomplishments, and then bring in free food and beer and put on cool games and competitions. It's pretty cool.
    (2) Growth opportunities! My project lead was promoted in less than two years. There are tons of people who have moved around in very different roles in the company and have learned so much.
    (3) Access to management! The CEO and CFO take employees to lunch every week to get to know them and listen to our suggestions. I went to one of these and brought up a problem we were having on our project. Both of them listened to my concerns and the CFO even came to my cubicle later that day to follow up. He challenged me take ownership of the problem (something that I'm embarrassed to say didn't think about before), asked more questions, and then gave my lead and me some really helpful advice. Then he walked away and within an hour I got a meeting invitation from the quality team and another project support group and they helped us come up w/ a plan to get our project back on track. Management doesn't just "listen" and then do nothing. They ACT and they are very accessible!
    (4) My HR business partner is awesome! This is my first job out of university so I probably have tooooo many questions for HR. But my business partner always makes herself available and helps me immediately. They treat employees the same way as other companies treat their paying customers and never complain about my silly questions!
    (5) Feels like family. I think the company has like 700 employees. It feels much smaller than that and in a good way. People stop by and introduce themselves to me. They take the time to see if there is anything they can do to help me, and they invite me to join them in after work activities. I was taken aback by this at first because I didn't expect to feel this special in such a big company.
    (6) Community service opportunities. The company gives us "VPTO" hours so that we can help charities and community organizations. They have a whole program for this that is well organized and backed by management. I spent a few hours helping an animal shelter and a whole afternoon helping out at a womens homeless shelter last month. The whole thing was organized by the company's community service group. It's awesome that we don't just help our clients but also get to help our community like this.

Cons

(1) The company went through some hard changes a year or two ago before I got here. I think it was just from growing so fast. Some employees still have a bad taste in their mouths from it, but none of those problems are still present. This is a "con" because it can bring down newer employees when people bring up stuff that didn't go well a couple of years ago. I just keep asking them if it's still a problem and they say "no, but..." and it frustrates me sometimes. We need to figure out how to get over that because this place is awesome now!
    (2) Training. The company just started doing something called "Launch" for new employees this year. When I started the initial training was different and I think the newer employees got a better orientation. Also, the company should provide better training for technicians. All of the technicians I work with are hard working but they didn't get the level of training they need to do their jobs as well as they could. Their work is critical to projects and they need help. Also, when my project lead was promoted from analyst, she didn't get enough training on how to manage people and how to use Microsoft project. She figured it out by asking other leads, but I think our training department should create training programs for certain technical skills/tasks and for project management. Everyone is doing things their own way and it's not always right. I don't know how much it costs to train people in these ways, but I think it will make us more efficient and make people feel more supported.
    (3) Compensation. My salary is good, but I don't really understand how the bonuses work. Also, it is hard to understand how to make more money by performing better at my job. I don't mean just promotions (you get a nice bump in pay when you are promoted), but what about performance-based bonuses and maybe a stock plan for people who really show they are committed and are high rated? I don't know how it should work, but I think the company can do a better job of motivating employees with performance pay somehow. It would make a big difference.
    (4) Awesome management support from the top, but not all PL's are as experienced with managing teams as top management. My lead is really good and I have a great business relationship with her, but not all leads are as supportive as mine. I think this comes down to the training needs.

Advice to Management

Keep listening. Keep doing whatever you can to help our projects be more successful. But also create more training programs. The problems we sometimes face are from not knowing the best way to do something. Everyone is trying their best and there are a lot of smart people at the company, but lots of mistakes are being made when we try to do something for the first, second or third time. I'm really happy that I chose Pinnacle!

Oct 16, 2017 – Recruiting Lead

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We desire to give each employee the opportunity to succeed and support they need to grow their career with us. We are always looking for ways to... More

"Fun Sweatshop, Boring Work, Made employees use OPT during Hurricane Harvey"

I have been working at PinnacleART full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) WATCH OUT! Recent 5-Star reviews are FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2) Only come here if you were laid off and have nowhere else to go!!!!!!!!

-They try hard to make it seem like a "fun" place to work.
    -Once a month they give you free food and beer after hours.
    -Most people are young and nice.
    -The CEO is very cool and is open to suggestions.
    -Management seems happy and always smiling.
    -Pay is good for entry-level engineers

Cons

-They are recruiting so much because people LEAVE fast! I also, see people getting FIRED almost every week. If you don't like the company FIRED!!! if you give constructive feedback: FIRED!!!! If you don't drink their cool-aid FIRED!!!
    you are treated like a commodity.
    -They sell work very cheap so they get a lot of contracts, then they make you work like in a sweatshop to stay profitable.
    -Training is during lunch or after hours so that you never stop working.
    -This work is so boring and soul-killing you will spend your days entering data in excel and looking at drawings for weeks. You will need tons of coffee and Spotify premium to stay awake.
    -Everyone Technicians, drafters, analysts (engineers) seemed very unhappy, almost everyone I spoke to wants to leave but have to suck it up until they find something.

Advice to Management

-During Hurricane Harvey you asked employees to show up Saturday and Sunday to make up for Monday and Tuesday that the office closed. What a shame! After everyone complained, you lied and said it was a "misunderstanding".
    -Project Leads are overworked and don't spend time training their teams and engaging them.
    -Stop micromanaging and tracking people times obsessively.
    -Increase your prices and create a true competitive and engaging place.
    -David is a very good CEO but the owner (Ryan Sitton-Texas Railroad Commissioner) is the one calling the shots and the surrounding management team are with the company since the beginning so its not going to change.

Oct 11, 2017 – Recruiting Lead

We are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience - we strive to provide each employee with the opportunity to succeed and the support they need to grow their career with us. We would... More

"A company for endless amounts of opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at PinnacleART full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having worked at the company for a few years now out of college, this company has provided me what I view as the best opportunity for my career. The culture is welcoming, the people are so friendly/family like, and most importantly if you are willing to listen, put in the effort to learn, your hard work pays off - quickly.

There has been a lot of change over the years, as a young company we are continuously evolving ourselves and challenging one another to be better than we were yesterday. Understanding, this might not be for everyone, it is exactly what I value in both my professional career and personal life. Having multiple services offerings, I am able to gain the experience in the integrity space I wouldn't otherwise be able to.

Culture - the BEST. The company and leadership put in a lot of effort to make sure people not only work hard but play hard and enjoy the ride. Truly a family environment.

Cons

Sometimes change can be hard to adjust to, and we seem to do it a lot here, but that is what I value about the company - they are never complacent there is always room to improve.

Advice to Management

When making a change, listen to the majority, not just the loudest employees (many you see on this posting board).

Sep 7, 2017 – Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback- we highly value employee input. We are glad to hear you appreciate our culture and growth as much as we do. Please let People... More

"A Necessary Exposé of an Inept Company"

I have been working at PinnacleART full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Pay is good for engineers fresh out of school
    - Most of the engineers/technicians are nice and easy to work with
    - Free food and drinks at least once a month

Cons

After seeing many of the fake 5-star reviews posted by management, I decided I couldn't hold my tongue/fingers any longer and decided to write this little exposé listing the major reasons why I can no longer work with this company, and why I would advise anyone, at any level, to stay FAR away from Pinnacle.

Should we start with the incompetent and unethical managerial practices displayed at every level? Or should we start with the insanely high turn around and firing rate, making it nearly impossible for an employee to count on this company for a steady paycheck to provide for themselves and their family? Let’s dive right in, see where we land, and just hope that Pinnacle isn’t there to catch us.

To any engineers who may considering working here, what this company won’t tell you is that the analyst position (the position they usually hire engineers as) is *not* a true engineering position. This position is more of a data clerk position, where you’ll pull information from one database and put it into another. You’ll spend more time making sure your columns are lined up correctly in an Excel spreadsheet and scheduling/attending pointless, time consuming meetings than applying anything close to valuable engineering skills. Actual engineering experience or ability is not necessary for the entry-level data clerk position you’ll be set up with. Good luck attempting to translate what you do at Pinnacle into any legitimate engineering position later on in your career. Oh and I won’t even speak on the laughable performance reviews. Seriously, ask *any* employee about them, and you’ll be met with groans and cringing faces, the reviews previous to this are spot on about that.

After a few months, expect to start working insane hours in order to meet unreasonable deadlines set by management who has no clue how to actually perform the work they will assign to you. The work-life balance scale is tipped permanently on the side of “work”. This is because contracts are sold for extremely cheap, often without understanding how much work will actually be required to complete them. Analysts have been known to work 80-100+ hour work weeks with little to no sleep in order to meet deadlines. Management will outright DEMAND that you stay up late nights to grind out work, despite the risks to your health, and to the quality of the product, all while shouting verbal abuse to keep you “motivated” and will then question with a straight face why quality products are not being produced. This type of behavior is not only unethical and incompetent, it is downright dangerous.

To any potential technicians: technicians are severely underpaid and under-recognized, earning nearly HALF of what analysts make, while they are capable, and expected, to do much of the same work. The career paths for technicians are a joke, and I can legitimately count on one hand the number of technicians who have actually made it to the analyst position in the entire history of the company. This is *not* a gamble you want to make with your career. You will not be treated well, and you will certainly feel as if you're an underling, both with how the company treats you and with your pay.

Finally, and most disturbing of all in my opinion, to tie this all together, PinnacleART is a downright *dangerous* company. Remember when I said management will demand insane hours while not actually understanding what the work consists of? Well this has direct impacts to the inspection programs that they are trying to implement for their unfortunate clients who are unaware of the inner workings of Pinnacle. Imagine asking zombies running purely on caffeine and depression to develop your inspection plan in an unreasonable time period in order to cut costs. Would *you* expect something of quality under those situations? “Quality” is a buzzword that Pinnacle likes to throw around, and anyone who has ever worked here can attest that the work produced by Pinnacle is of the shoddiest quality. In a very avant-garde way, it’s impressive. Time and time again major clients of theirs have threatened to pull business away from Pinnacle and have placed holds on further work (this happens quite a few times a year) due to quality issues. Poor quality inspection packages have DIRECT results on the men and women who risk their lives and bodies to keep refineries and chemical plants running and it is appalling that Pinnacle would continue to peddle third-rate, inferior quality products to unwitting clientele.

So should anyone have anything to do with PinnacleART? A resounding and highly cautionary NO! This is a company that has expanded far beyond its capabilities in the last few years and it’s unfortunate that nothing is being done to protect the industry from this disgraceful company. Expect a manger immersed in the Koolaid cup of Pinnacle to post a buzz-word laced review in retaliation to this mini expose (as they’ve already done) in an attempt to boost this subpar, 2-star company.
    Interestingly enough, perhaps the most honest presentation ever given at Pinnacle a couple of months back involved one manager saying that “many of you may be feeling depressed, insecure, frustrated” etc. Take it from that rare moment of honesty displayed at Pinnacle, you can expect this, and much worse, if you invest your time, money, and career at this company.

Advice to Management

Look, if as an employee telling upper management directly what the issues are doesn't work, I don't think anything will. Despite knowing very little, management acts as if they know it all.

Oct 11, 2017 – Recruiting Lead

We appreciate your honesty. We are committed to providing the utmost in quality and service to both our external clients and internal clients, i.e, our employees, but never at the expense of... More

"Racism"

I have been working at PinnacleART full-time

Pros

Young workers. I enjoy my time working with other young workers.

Cons

If you're a white male, this is the place for you. If not, look somewhere else. I've heard the founder Ryan Sitton (the politician) is the source of this.

Advice to Management

None. They don't really listen. I've heard the company writes its own positive reviews on Glassdoor.

"Good for Fresh out of College"

Former Employee - Asset Integrity Analyst in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - Asset Integrity Analyst in Pasadena, TX

I worked at PinnacleART full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Depending on your personality, you will handle more responsibility an engineer (account management, leadership, scheduling, etc.)
    -You will be exposed to many industries and processes.
    -Amazing people working at Pinnacle, you can walk up to anyone and ask them a question. everyone is always willing to help (it's a rare culture, do not take this for granted)

Cons

- Employee recognition is not very great (this obviously could be biased based on my experience, but I saw many others who expressed the same feeling)
    - No annual raise. this is flat down awful. no clue what management reasoning is for this one.
    - There is a disconnect between leaders (PLs, PMs, etc.) and other employees. Generally, people are viewed as machines and human factors is not taken into account (not always, but enough times to be addressed as a con here).
    - TOO MANY CHANGES! this created an unstable environment at work for a while, when no one knew whats going on.

Advice to Management

- Minimize the initiatives and changes across the company
    - Identify hardworking, efficient people AND COMPENSATE THEM ACCORDINGLY.

Sep 7, 2017 – Recruiting Lead

We appreciate your honest and constructive feedback. We hope you were able to share some of this during your time with us as we would love the opportunity to make improvements before someone leaves... More