KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

PinnacleHealth

Is this your company?

PinnacleHealth

Add a Review

PinnacleHealth Employee Reviews about "pinnacle"

Updated Oct 8, 2018

Found 6 of over 97 reviews

3.3
PinnacleHealth President & CEO Phil Guarneschelli (no image)
Phil Guarneschelli
Pros
  • "Positive work environment, areas for growth(in 7 reviews)

• "Ability to work for a Magnet Hospital with several certificates of specialty(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I worked at Pinnacle for over 10 years(in 4 reviews)

• "Worked short staffed many times(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "pinnacle"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Love everything about them!

Aug 7, 2017 - Pca in Harrisburg, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing staff, management, skilled workers, friendly, clean

Cons

None! It was amazing! I love Pinnacle!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great benefits, strong culture, challenging work

Feb 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pinnacle Health/UPMC Pinnacle provides fertility benefits to full time employees which was the reason I first applied for a job here. The health insurance in general is excellent and there are three tiers of coverage to chose from. I've worked with UPMC Pinnacle/Pinnaclehealth for over two years. There are high performance expectations which challenges me and leads to personal and professional growth. There is a coffee shop on site, free employee parking, and coworkers know how to have fun while getting work done. The work I do at UPMC Pinnacle is rewarding and I feel like I'm helping to strengthen our community as a whole.

Cons

Direction from leadership can often be fuzzy or unclear. When asking questions to clarify instructions and expectations, I've been told not to direct questions to specific individuals in leadership. The clinical staff is very highly valued, sometimes at the expense of the administrative staff. This is evident in the fact that they pay at the lower end of the pay scale for administrative positions and are not willing to negotiate, but clinical staff, directors, etc. often receive bonuses and "pay rate adjustments" based on market analysis. It can be challenging to move up in the organization.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Favoritism, Plain and Simple

Aug 19, 2016 - Managed Care Coordinator in Harrisburg, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'd be hard pressed to really think of any for this company currently. Used to be a great place to work.

Cons

I worked at Pinnacle for over 10 years. I was working there before it was Pinnacle. I worked in various departments gaining experience and knowledge. When a coworker had a friend who wanted my job I was basically harassed daily and my job became totally miserable. When it became obvious to certain staff members I wasn't going to leave my job, that coworker schemed, lied and filed a complaint against me, other coworkers I trusted stuck their head in the sand and wouldn't support me! I was professionally humiliated and harassed by Pinnacle and upper management until I quit the stable job my young son and family depended upon. All so a friend could work there. After I left I received threatening letters telling me if I took anything from my office, I didn't, I'd better return it since it belongs to Pinnacle.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

RN at Pinnacle

Dec 2, 2017 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pinnacle offers many different positions, titles and departments to seek employment. Overall, staff and coworkers enjoy coming to work and do their best to be a positive influence in the workplace.

Cons

A con to working for Pinnacle is they own much of the surrounding healthcare facilities and offices, making it difficult to find employment outside of Pinnacle if desired.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run away, run fast!

Sep 17, 2018 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

N/A means nothing at all. Needed 5 words.

Cons

Of the 20 past years of management success I have had, this was the toughest place for me to work. I expect a company to trust me to do my job, want me to save money, want me to promote a sense of openness and team work within my department, as well as with other departments. Not so with Pinnacle. You are a number, and we will tell you what to do and say. Thanks but no thanks for your ideas, unless they're good, then we'll just steal them and call them our ideas. Save yourself and run away from anything associated with Pinnacle.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Pharmacist

Oct 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Pinnacle for over 3 years and enjoyed working with my coworkers a lot. Made some great friendships and learned a lot while working there.

Cons

Fast turnover of employees in our department

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews