Pinstripe Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lead Recruiter"

Former Employee - Lead Recruiter
    Former Employee - Lead Recruiter

I worked at Pinstripe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides opportunity for individuals early in their career

Cons

Average age is in the 20's; mostly you chase the dollars so it makes it difficult to truly support your client given the way the company bills clients.

"Sr Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Nyack, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Nyack, NY

I worked at Pinstripe (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team of employees that were eager and excited to work everyday.

Cons

Terrible medical coverage, the business is run like a "Mom and Pop" organization.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Pinstripe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about Pinstripe is the company culture. The management team cares about the overall success and happiness of the employees. It's a fast-paced, changing environment, and they provide a lot of opportunities for flexible work arrangements. Most people love working here, so it's a very positive environment.

Cons

The compensation is competitive, but the benefits package could be better.

"Review"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter

I worked at Pinstripe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good technical information for sourcing and Recruiter. Great set of co - workers

Cons

Disorganized and unclear leadership

5. "I have had a wonderful experience at Pinstripe. It is a STAND OUT company!"

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter
    Current Employee - Lead Recruiter

I have been working at Pinstripe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People! The number one reason to join the Pinstripe team is the people. You are given the best tools in the industry and unlimited grow opportunities. If you have a passion - Pinstripe will help you get there!

Cons

I don't feel there are any cons at Pinstripe. I feel that if you have the desire to work hard and put forth the effort you are given ample opportunities.

Advice to Management

The best advice I have for management is continue with your focus on your employees! I greatly appreciate the fact that you are listen to the employees and make the virtual employees feel very included!

"Great place to work, dont let the negative reviews scare you away."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Pinstripe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I read the reviews before accepting my position at Pinstripe and it honestly made me think about what I was getting into. I did decide to take the job and it was the best life decision I have ever made. The company is extremely appreciative and when you do a good job or help someone out you hear about it. There is also room for growth and advancement if you are willing to work for it. The company is willing to spend the money and supplies it's employees with whatever tool is needed. I have loved every second of working for Pinstripe. There is a reason why Pinstripe is an industry leader. I do understand the culture at Pinstripe isn't for everyone. It's unlike any place I have ever worked. Dont let the negative reviews scare you. If you have the opportunity to be employed by Pinstripe take that step.

Cons

I do not have any Cons to give.

"REPOST! A great recruiting 'bootcamp'- work environment is not sustainable long term"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Pinstripe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was extremely disappointed to see that this post had been removed, because it is a solid, and accurate account of how Pinstripe works. ***Listen up HR and Executives***- because this is what every employee wants to say to you! Kudos to the person who originally posted it; There are several people who'd like to buy you a drink!

-Staff level (non-leadership) are amazing and incredible-- lots of teamwork and camaraderie among regular employees
    -Teams are kept very small (which is good and bad) but the good part is that you learn a lot in your role
    -Company has lots of communication technologies in place for internal collaboration
    -Regular all company meetings conducted by leadership let you as an employee feel 'in the know' with financial results and company performance
    -Company provides some fun activities like picnics, holiday parties, jean days for charity, champagne/mimosas to toast new business wins

Cons

-Leadership is overworked, and since they are, most don't care if you as an employee are overworked too
    -You will be overworked from the day you start to the day you give your notice-- especially on teams where the budget isn't properly managed, budgets on accounts weren't sold in properly, or your in a Shared Service/Operations role, which aren't revenue generating.
    -Tons of employee turnover (voluntary)
    -New client implementations are generally handled extremely poorly so client launches are a mess and a disaster for the teams coming into them. LOTS of turnover in the first couple months of new client launches before stabilization
    -You cannot get a raise to save your life unless you tell them you have another job offer-- then they'll come up a little with a counter offer, but it makes you as an employee feel terrible that you have to threaten leaving to get the market pay rate you deserve
    -You never know if employees who get promoted are actually promoted because they've threatened to leave and/or have been terribly unhappy, or if they actually were rewarded with success (This is beyond true!)

I cant lie, I learned an immense amount of information and training in my time at Pinstripe. And I met some of the best people there, that could never be replaced. But at the end of the day, you have to know when you deserve more. Don't take everything at face value, because those you trust the most to be looking out for you and your career, are the first to turn their back on you.

Advice to Management

-Stop overworking your employees and reward them with a competitive salary and benefits and you'll likely see decreased voluntary turn over-- especially since so many employees leave to go to your competitors

"Senior Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pinstripe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A ton of flexibility and great work life balance

Cons

It was challenging the first few days that I started training virtually.

Advice to Management

Love the flexibility that you offer which creates a great home life for myself and my family.

"Senior Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Pinstripe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never rated a company until leaving Pinstripe. What are the pros? I can't think of any pros, besides getting a check bi weekly. Of course, that is after you've literally done the work of 5 people, and you've worked a 60 hours within a weeks time.

Cons

Pinstripe is a company that refuses to provide employees the proper tools to get powerful results for customers. Many of the tools an resources given to recruiter are date. Pinstripe is much like the Walmart of RPO's. They are cheap, and will definitely overwork employees. If you accept a position with Pinstripe, I would recommend take the money, and keep looking for a new job, and when a great opportunity comes along. LEAVE! GET OUT OF PINSTRIPE!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to new employees by telling them that they will get the support that's needed to achieve success. Tell employees and LTE's that you could careless about the long-term career goals. Be open tell each Pinstripe employee and all of your customers that you're mostly concerned about making money, and that you are not really concerned about the outcome of the project. There is absolutely nothing special about Pinstripe.

"Sounded great, but turned out to be a major disappointment."

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I worked at Pinstripe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good training on social media recruiting.
    The person that hired me was outstanding.
    They feed you constantly when you're in training.

Cons

My manager was not qualified to run a full cycle recruiting team. She only knew staffing. Talked to us as if we were in the 5th grade, very condescending.
    VERY clickish.
    Technology is well below par. I had to work on 3 different ATS, 2 emails and 3 calendars. None of them talked to each other and I spent a good 30-40% of my time copying/pasting from one system to another.
    "The Pinstripe Way" is not what it's cracked up to be.
    The company's own HR department is not knowledgeable on basic HR and benefits policies.

Advice to Management

Don't put managers from the staffing world in a full cycle environment. They are two totally different worlds.