Pioneer Center for Human Services Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Samuel Tenuto
1 Rating

"Micro Management"

I worked at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great coworkers that care for the clients they work with each day. opportunity for first job out of college experience in social service field,

Cons

Management needs to have more confidence in the staff they hire instead of hanging over them. Not always getting supplies you need to do your job properly.

Advice to Management

Hire good qualified people, let them do their work without having to worry about being micro managed. Have confidence in your employees, you hired them. Most of all Remember you work with/for people not machines so start acting like you care.

2. "Underpaid & Understaffed"

I have been working at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time

Pros

Some pros of working at Pioneer: Paid time off, trainings, and independence on the job.

Cons

Some of the cons of working at Pioneer: Low pay compared to other organizations, understaffed, poor communication, disorganized, and lots of talk about change with little to no delivery.

Advice to Management

If upper management was truly interested in the input of staff-show them and do something about it rather than rationalize or defend the companies position. Act as those working in the positions who are doing the hands on work are part of the team as well. Utilize the funds in other area such as in the grass roots of the company rather than in administration. Line up salaries with what is current. Provide more trainings that actually will benefit staff in their position than what is just procedure.

"Working with the clients has been wonderful. My fellow employees are very helpful. Upper management is out of touch."

I have been working at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with hard working, dedicated, professional people. My job is rewarding.

Cons

The pay is very low and there are very few raises for the employees who are not in upper management.. We don't even get a cost of living increase. I've been there many years and still make the same.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight at the top. Start with raising the income of those who have been there a while and an annual cost of living increase. It's sad when some of our clients whom we serve are making close to what we make. Upper management is out of touch with our clients and employees.