KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Piper Companies Reviews

Updated May 3, 2022

Found 100 of over 108 reviews

4.4
Piper Companies President Chris Dale (no image)
Chris Dale

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I am so grateful to be a part of a great culture.(in 16 reviews)
  • "The Teams are comprised of GREAT people doing GREAT things.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The people are great.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Great team atmosphere, open style seating, very social, flexibility, great starting salary, EXCELLENT leadership, up and coming company with many opportunities for growth and expansion.(in 5 reviews)
  • "The leadership team is the main reason each employee has an opportunity to be very successful.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Supportive, Ability to Grow, Welcoming

May 3, 2022 - Divisional Recruiter in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have had an exceptional experience so far at Piper Companies. I started this position after I had graduated from college, and I couldn't be happier with my career decision. The team was very welcoming from the start and very thorough with training. As I grow, I feel fully supported by all of those around me and feel comfortable giving feedback. The team is very collaborative and competitive, and we celebrate our individual/team accomplishments. There is also a very good work/life balance. The DEI Council has also been very active in creating educational training sessions, newsletters, and engagement.

Cons

Since my time here, I have not had a negative experience. I would say that it is very important to prioritize and organize your schedule, there is a lot to learn and it can be overwhelming if you are not fully prepared.

2 people found this review helpful

Piper Companies Response

Thank you for your feedback and so happy to hear you're enjoying this new chapter with Piper. Wishing you continued success as you grow with us and thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very disappointing experience with Piper

Apr 8, 2022 - Delivery Manager in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Worked with some great people -Pretty good work/life balance -Felt supported during health decline by the team lead. -VP of recruiting is incredible and awe-inspiring—learned a lot from him

Cons

-Management used fear and intimidation to “motivate” staff. -Productivity and hard work are not rewarded or essential if you’re not liked. -Individuals who were known to make racial/discriminatory remarks were rewarded with promotions even when those remarks were brought to management and HR. The person was said to fit “the culture.” -Little to no diversity within the Baltimore office and others. -An account manager had little to no communication/interpersonal skills, making it tiresome to get any work done. Consistent passive-aggressive if not constant aggressive behavior. -Aggressive and challenging environment to work in due to toxic “culture” within the Baltimore/Columbia office. -Constant escalations for trivial matters slowed necessary workday progress. -Constant inconsistencies became counterproductive and inefficient. -Micromanaged daily and felt I had no autonomy to think or act on my own accord, even though I had much success during my time there.

4 people found this review helpful

Piper Companies Response

Thank you for your feedback. The company takes all complaints of this nature with the utmost seriousness. We investigate all complaints when they are made and take appropriate action.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Inspired by our people every day!

Feb 10, 2022 - Director in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Piper for a number of years now, and the last two years have breathed new life into this organization because of the incredible people that have joined our team. I'm impressed by the influx of new ideas and the impact that each new hire has on our overall success. I interact with a large number of candidates, vendors, and clients with their ear to the ground of the job market today, and there are countless stories of companies mishandling pandemic related issues and "return to work," plans. Instead of focusing on the wrong things, Piper has gone full-tilt into their investment in people, and giving each employee what they need to achieve their best work. Humbled to be a part of the growth here, and I enjoy the challenge each day brings.

Cons

Working in a rapidly growing organization has a lot of alure through an external lens, but internally, the work never stops because with growth comes new problems to solve and more to be done. It's critical to set boundaries for yourself and prioritize your work and home balancing act to ensure you reap what you sow. We have all the resources and support we need to from our teams, but it's up to the individual to take advantage of the independence/autonomy and manage the balance.

Piper Companies Response

Thank you for this feedback! It is helpful to hear your perspective, especially considering your purview in your role. Considering the demand of our industry, the pandemic taught us a great deal about ensuring a strong and supportive work environment, whether in-person or virtual. It became an immediate priority to have our resources available to our team in a myriad of ways. As you stated, the work never stops and the continued investment in our people is a necessity. As we continue to grow, that focus will only be more pronounced. We know that each of us strengthens all of us and the success and happiness of our team is at the forefront of our goals. Thanks again for the work that you do and sharing your thoughts with us.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Piper Review

Apr 12, 2022 - Director of Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been here for 6+ years and it has been an amazing experience and I continue to learn to be a better peer, leader and partner each day. I also work with some of the brightest and best in the business, so we are always collaborating on how to make the company better for both our employees and consultants. The culture is also something that I have never seen before, everyone is bought into the mission and here for the right reasons.

Cons

I don't really view this as a con, but we are a ever evolving and growing organization, and with that comes a good deal of change, but that comes the territory. It simply adds a layer of complexity that most of the people on the team thrive in. There is never a dull moment!

1 person found this review helpful

Piper Companies Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear about your experience with us over the last six years. We pride ourselves on our culture and support system, and it's encouraging to see your perspective. Wishing you continued success as a leader within our company and thanks again!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Culture, Growth and Flexibility

Mar 1, 2022 - Senior Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having been at Piper for just under five years, it would be hard to see myself working anywhere else. From top to bottom (CEO, President, VP's and Directors), the support network to further individual success is prominent. We have the opportunity to be our own professionals without micromanagement. With that comes the flexibility to work remote as needed and still manage success. There are opportunities for professional growth in the format of trainings via third party and internal, and promotional opportunities as we continue to grow. If you're looking for a place to call a forever home and grow your professional success, Piper is THE place to do it.

Cons

As far as I'm concerned, there are no cons associated with working at Piper. You're provided all of the tools needed to build your own success. That does come with one piece of advice--if you're not motivated to build your own brand and work hard, it may not be the place for you.

Piper Companies Response

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on almost five years with Piper! We are happy to hear that you have learned quite a bit during your time with us inside and outside of our walls. We always strive to support our team members with internal and external training. We want to grow with our employees and continue to learn from one another and the experts in our field. We also know that our producers are the key to helping us achieve our goals personally and as a company. Always feel free to reach out if we can ever help you in new ways and thanks again for taking the time to share a bit about your experience.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unlike any other Staffing Firm!

Feb 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Piper genuinely cares about each and every individual employee. They really help you put together a roadmap to help you achieve your goals for each quarter and they truly want you to succeed! There is nothing but opportunity for growth here. After having hit new revenue milestones, we are only growing from here which allows for tons of upward mobility. They celebrate each contributors success and really make you feel like a valuable member of the team. I have been here for a little over a year and I am blown away by how different this company is versus other agencies that sometimes make you feel like just another number. I love getting to know my team members, the company events and happy hours, and that I have such supportive leadership and team members. The compensation and open PTO policy is also hard to beat, they really encourage a strong work/life balance!

Cons

There really are no downsides to working here. This industry can be tough and stressful just in general, people have to be willing to put in the work to do well.

Piper Companies Response

We are grateful that you have shared your experience with us. We want our employees to feel valued and celebrating their successes is integral in promoting a positive culture and rewarding hard work in a competitive industry. We are glad to know you're developing positive and meaningful relationships with your colleagues while enjoying the benefits of work/life balance. Thanks again for taking the time and wishing you continued success!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Impressive All Around - 5 Stars!

Feb 3, 2022 - Delivery Manager in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have loved my experience at Piper Companies over the past 6 months. What was told to me in my interview process has come to fruition quickly. I am making more money then I ever have, have made a lot of new friends, and feel that my work matters to a lot of people. My managers are understanding but expect a high level of production. The best part here is that, if you do produce at a high level you earn at a high level. The Piper Summit was incredible as well. The videos, event, and party made me feel welcome and allowed me to meet everyone I could throughout the company.

Cons

There is a lot to learn and it comes at you fast, but the training is robust and the people are very helpful.

Piper Companies Response

Thank you for your feedback! We have seen an uptick in reviews recently, and we can't help to think that the annual Piper Summit last week may have played into that. As someone who is newer to Piper, we are thrilled that this was a great experience for you. While our field requires a great deal of hard work and dedication, Summit is a shining example of how rewarding that work can be. From our President's Club winners earning company-paid vacations to members of our team sharing their paths to success, Summit is the perfect kickoff to the new year and never fails to inspire. Summit is also a reminder that we can have a lot of fun while meeting great people from all kinds of personal and professional backgrounds. We are happy you were able to join and thanks again!

8. 1.0
    Current Employee

Terrible Culture and Management

Jan 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Money is good. It has to be to get people in the door there. Great team members to work with. Would be a great place to work if not for management.

Cons

Tons of turnover in the Columbia, MD office. Losing a lot of good talented people. Most of them left due to management in that office. Multiple people have given feedback to leadership about this, but seem to do nothing about it. As long as the numbers are good they think he must be doing well. What they don't see is him using fear to motivate people and put them down. I've witnessed scream at employees, put them down and make fun of their appearance. This manager is totally unstable, yet leadership allows this to continue to happen. If you don't come in and close business immediately you'll be looked at as a bad hire. They'll do nothing to help you get up and going. They've also made a strong effort to increase their ratings on Glassdoor by pushing current employees to leave positive feedback. If you look back at earlier reviews you'll see why.

6 people found this review helpful

Piper Companies Response

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Please know that we take all feedback seriously, positive or negative. Piper Companies prides itself on fostering a collaborative environment where members of our team support one another, both personally and professionally. The experience you are describing is not in line with the culture we promote at Piper. We aim to motivate by setting smart goals that align with the success of both the company and our team members. Our management team strives to lead with empathy, autonomy, and drive. We don’t shy away from the fact we are a results-driven business, but there is no room or tolerance for aggressive behavior in any of its forms. Please know that we will look extensively into this matter. Since you identify as a current employee in this review, we encourage you to reach out to Human Resources to discuss your experience further and to provide additional context.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I relocated for this company and it was the best decision ever made!

Feb 2, 2022 - Delivery Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. During the pandemic, this company and team (Columbia MD) really took care of us. We felt valued, safe, and empowered to be here. The teams really go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. Great leadership across the board and a lot of opportunities to move up. Everyone knows your name and wants to hear your story. Compensation is fantastic compared to the industry, and the remote opportunity is great for parents and (Dog parents) alike!

Cons

None! The training was a bit intense- but they have taken all our suggestions and are revamping it based on feedback which I appreciate!

Piper Companies Response

Thank you for the feedback! Like many, we faced many challenges during the pandemic, but our core values help us to focus and thrive, even in difficult times. We are thrilled to know that you felt supported. We appreciate the feedback on training and we know it can be a bit overwhelming at first. That's why we have implemented a nuanced support system and an entire team dedicated to training and enablement; to ensure that our employees have access to the resources they want and need to find success. Naturally, we expect to see more cross-office visits when the pandemic slows. We believe that interaction and communication between our four locations can only help us to grow and learn from one another. It makes us happy to know that you are happy, and your feedback is always helpful. Thanks again!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Empowering environment with great people!

Feb 25, 2022 - Divisional Recruiter in Tysons Corner, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Piper the upper management genuinely invests into your professional development and personal goals. If there's a change you want to make or an initiative you want to run, they will do what it takes to support you and make it happen. Truly a great place to work.

Cons

There can be ugly sides of the Recruiting Industry, but Piper does not stoop. The only negative I can think of is having to be in-person 4 days a week. But even then, the office is stocked with snacks, coffee, and has gym access.

Piper Companies Response

We greatly appreciate your feedback and insight. We are so glad that you feel that level of investment and support from those around you, and it is always important to give our team members some autonomy to achieve great things! We also know the adjustment to in-person after the last two years can be difficult, and I will share your words with our team. Wishing you the best as you continue to grow with us and thank you for the work that you do!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 100 Reviews

Piper Companies Reviews FAQs

Piper Companies has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 108 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Piper Companies to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Piper Companies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Piper Companies. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

89% of Piper Companies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Piper Companies 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Piper Companies to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be workplace, management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Piper Companies Job Seekers