Piramal Critical Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Piramal Critical Care Reviews

Updated Apr 1, 2019

2.5
Piramal Critical Care CEO  (no image)
Pros
  • "Some really good people working here(in 5 reviews)

• "Production and packaging both have some great people working there who put a lot of dedication and hours to get a high quality product out the door(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is no quality culture at all(in 5 reviews)

• "This causes mass chaos as no one follows proper industry standards because 'it is not in our procedures'(in 4 reviews)

"Small company with big impact"

I worked at Piramal Critical Care full-time

Pros

The company has been going through a lot of changes over the years, but the changes are for the better! The company is rewarding workers for their hard work, and recently celebrated a member who has worked at the company for over 25 years. There has also been a lot of change in the quality department. The quality department is on the upswing with great mentoring and room for advancement. You will learn a lot of... different aspects in the pharmaceutical industry by wearing many hats, but there is a great team within quality that will help you through any questions one might have. The company is growing fast!

Cons

Vacation time could be better

Piramal Critical Care2018-10-31

"Less Than Ideal"

QC Analyst

I worked at Piramal Critical Care

Pros

12 hour days can be grueling but you only have to work 2-3 days in a row. In total you only work about half the month which gives you more free time outside of work. The analysts I worked with were very kind and fun to be around, which made working here more tolerable.

Cons

There is no room for growth at Piramal, which they tell you during the interview. However, when you receive an opportunity to advance, they get angry and don’t understand why you’re leaving. One manager goes as far as to ignore you until your two weeks is up. Management does not value their employees knowledge and skill sets, all they want is warm bodies to do the job. They show little respect when you present them... with a suggestion or even when they ask for your opinion. If they go to you and ask “what do you think would be a good way to organize this/fix this?” And you tell them they essentially go “well we’re going to do it the way I want anyway”. Management has no clue what they are doing and refuses to listen to the anaylsts that are actually working in the lab. This creates chaos and a less than ideal work environment. Not to mention, half the people that work there don’t know work boundaries or how to present themselves in a working environment. The majority of the men hit on the women, which makes the environment that much more uncomfortable. However, nothing is done about it so it is pointless to report it. I can’t even begin to count the times I’ve been hit on. If you want entry level experience before you move on to another opportunity, then work here for the duration of the contract ONLY. Do not work longer, you’ll be sick of the place after 2 months. Put “contractor” on your resume if you’re worried a company won’t like that you only worked for 6 months.

Piramal Critical Care2019-01-25

"Poor Management and ridden with office politics"

I have been working at Piramal Critical Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work life balance was good

Cons

Nepotism, high degree of politics

Advice to Management

Bring in someone with real industry experience

Piramal Critical Care2019-02-08

"QC analyst"

I worked at Piramal Critical Care full-time

Pros

benefits were decent and family events

Cons

Poor management with below average pay. Company cares about making money by selling product and not about quality of product.

Piramal Critical Care2019-01-04

"Many great people"

I worked at Piramal Critical Care full-time

Pros

Many great co-workers that I will miss. Great cross - functional teams who work well together to get hard work done. Most of management appreciates the long hours and hard work put in.

Cons

Need more transparency in regards to project expectations and desired results. Long hours - many 12 hr days. Though most of management appreciates the hard work, not everyone does. There are some who you can never please, never meet their expectations and will always receive negative feedback from. Sadly, when someone is that negative and you work for/with them daily, it can turn a job you loved into a job... you dread.

Advice to Management

Please evaluate current management and ensure they are exhibiting the company's core values. I believe that with some changes, the company can get back to being one you can be proud to work for.

Piramal Critical Care2018-11-27

"Stay out of this place"

I have been working at Piramal Critical Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good health care,good hourly people to work with

Cons

Place has no work,and will probably be going out of business.Allot of people leaving .

Piramal Critical Care2019-01-04

"Not everything you read here is true..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Piramal Critical Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Although some of the comments here are real it is not all true. Piramal has grown quickly. In some cases, processes and procedures and people became outdated with the growth. Some new employees came from established companies and couldn’t handle the ambiguity a fast growing company has. In turn they leave frustrated and trash talk on Glassdoor, because they could not adjust to the change and embrace an opportunity... to learn and grow. Unlike most Brand Pharma, Piramal offers an opportunity to learn and grow your pharmaceutical knowledge if you want to work hard. Culture demands people to be collaborative and respectful.

Cons

You work hard and there are days that require long hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to thank people for a job well done and keep people motivated.

Piramal Critical Care2018-11-14

"Director"

I have been working at Piramal Critical Care full-time

Pros

Very good culture in Bethlehem, folks are willing to be trained/mentored, strategic thinking and new ideas are encouraged, harmonization amongst sites is moving forward, teams come together to reach resolution on issues. Operations team is knowledgeable and works well with the Quality Organization and vice versa. When I was first offered the position at Piramal, I checked out this site and there were mostly... negative comments and that was anticipated. The only advice I would offer these folks is, "move on" if you don't like the company. If someone is not part of the solution, they are the problem.

Cons

Not enough data to speak on "Cons"

Advice to Management

Continue moving forward and implementing programs that attract/retain top talent to compete in the industry. Overall, company is moving in the right direction.

Piramal Critical Care2018-10-29

"Have passion, this is your place to work!"

Current Employee - Director in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Piramal Critical Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New ideas are welcomed, you can make a real difference if you wish to. If you work hard, this is the place. Some really good people working here. You will get hands on opportunity to do different things that you may have not done before. You will wear different hats, but it will all add to your enrichment and experience. Hours can be long but they empower you and give you the flexibility, so you will never end... up compromising on personal life. Give it a shot! Trust me, you won't regret.

Cons

Travel policies at lower bands are not that great with economy class flying only permitted for most of the business trips, irrespective of distance.

Piramal Critical Care2018-10-25

"Sexual harassment"

Current Employee - Pkg in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Piramal Critical Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a job to eat.

Cons

Sexual harassment is everywhere if you are female you need to know that all men will talk about you and your body. It is in inferno to work there.

Advice to Management

Restructuring and follow the arrangement policy, if you have it.

Piramal Critical Care2018-11-05