Pitney Bowes Reviews | Glassdoor

Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach
Marc Lautenbach

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management needs to listen to be more open to suggestions from the sales force (in 40 reviews)

• Work life balance to PB is a big zero (in 17 reviews)

"Would never recommend this company"

Former Employee - Sales in Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Sales in Shelton, CT

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Regardless of the demise of the industry, the atmosphere was optimistic

Cons

In the course of one day, I over-heard the man in the next office tell clients, he lost his wife, was getting married, gave his daughter away at her wedding, had a very contentious divorce and had a new baby. I felt that the integrity of the company was compromised by people who had to lie to make a living there.

Advice to Management

none

2. "DON'T BOTHER"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a great place to work

Cons

They hire CEO's and hire their cronies from IBM and cut technician jobs, thus losing customers left and right

Advice to Management

quit cutting technicians and get rid of Mark L and his IBM cronies

"Worst place in Spokane to work"

Former Employee - Sales in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Spokane, WA

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They money used to be good but you had to earn it. Corrupt Management and favoritism has destroyed morale. They lie to customers and to staff. Avoid like the plague!!!

Cons

Horrible Directors and Managers with zero credibility. Far too many L&I Claims for failing to pay as promised & punishment for lack of phone time. Illegal and should be fined.

Advice to Management

Clean house starting at the top and stop promising employees wages and bonuses you have zero intention of paying. They also have a worthless HR Department

"MAM-Major Account Manager Former Employee"

Former Employee - Major Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Major Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy- to be able to work own schedule

Cons

Commissions are NOT paid when owed! They expect you to work long days and travel a lot. Their service is known for being horrible! It is almost impossible to strum up new business. You have a forecast/budget that is impossible to make, there fore you are NEVER eligible for bonus and rarely ever make commissions. You are forced to sign infinite compensation plans than change throughout the year. Your job is always in jeopardy. BE AWARE! The stability is NOT what is used to be at Pitney Bowes.

Advice to Management

Listen to your Sales people...Stop trying to make the impossible budgets happen. Look at reasonable budgets. Appreciate your teams! STOP CUTTING SERVICE! STOP OUTSOURCING TO INDIA! Clients want to talk to REAL people, not a computer! Thet want "LIVE" service! This is where you are missing the boat! You are losing business to your competition because they have REAL LIVE SERVICE people.

"Not a company to trust!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Spokane, WA

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some Managers genuinely care about the well being of their staff.

Cons

They promote a culture of non-ethical sales practices.
    Their employee handbooks state an employee receives certain benefits but their Human Resources department finds as many reasons not listed anywhere for them to not pay the benefits.
    They do not stand behind their own promises even when there is written proof.
    They reward people who perform theft from customers while berating employees who work ethically.
    They treat their temporary employees miserably while leading them to believe they will become part of the company only to string them along.

Advice to Management

Look at the culture of the company you are promoting.

"Front- line employees not the problem"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Charlotte, AR
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Charlotte, AR

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good

Cons

Upper management is petty and dismissive.
    Lack of communication between upper
    management and leads.
    Prospective managers and leads need to be trained on how to deal with different issues amongst thier employees.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to totally revamp it's management structure

"Sales Manager"

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

Good base pay and healthcare coverage

Cons

No integrity. Terrible leadership practices by mid-level management. Policies designed to have everyone in some form of jeopardy.

Advice to Management

Clean house with all of the mid-level leadership that has been there too long and has no capability, interest, integrity or skill set to make the transition you are looking to make.

"Good Ol Boy Network - Worst "Professional" Place. Ever."

Former Employee - On Site Production Technician
    Former Employee - On Site Production Technician

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay. Working on your own. OT.

Cons

Benefits. Operators. Management. HR. OT. As a technician, you will work on graveyards (usually) because Presort Services processes mail. You are given 20-30 year old machines with techs who "manipulate" parts in order for them to run a shift. It is run and gun maintenance. Even for a new site, the company hands that site the oldest, worst machines and expects you to fix them (in order to save money). The company has a profit, but will not justify another technician. I have worked during my lunch, my "breaks" multiple times. Most of the shift you will be bored out of your mind because operations are running smooth (when your machines finally run decent). Operators can loathe your existence because they think you should be doing their entry level work and your work. I had no problem helping out the team when needed, I just don't go around demanding you help me. Operators go through temp agencies, and operators are entry level workers. This is not an issue, but professionalism is the least concerning issue on the floor. I have personally dealt with racist comments that managers have overlooked. I would never recommend this company to a veteran or a member of the LGBT community. Ever. If you have a family, be prepared to not plan a vacation or use your vacation as OT is going to be working against you. In addition to maintenance you need to do on the weekend because it can't be done on shift during mail processing, you will be asked the night you come to shift to arrive 2 hours early the next shift for a company function. If you have a family or are enrolled in college, prepare for your life to be affected (in a negative way). Favoritism is a major factor here, and you will be ignored, or downplayed. There is no on-site HR, and because you work graves, you are on your own. I wrote a lengthy email to HR about my manager when I left and was not given much feedback, except that they would look into it. You can expect travel for training, but that can be at any given time. Mind you, it took my manager a whole year to find me and my skill set, and even after I left, they do not have a replacement for me in a big city. I do love my new job - not being at Pitney! This is the worst company I have worked for. Such a disappointment.

Advice to Management

Employees will retire. Give your next generation a reason to stay.

"Supply Sales"

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of...

Cons

Typical call center/sweatshop environment. Nothing but micromanagement and unreal expectations.

"Pitney Bowes, now a pass through company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a water fountain on every floor.
    The elevators typically work.
    That should cover the pro's right ?

Cons

Work/Live balance is now somehow "Work Life Integration" at Pitney Blowes.
    The health insurance is closer to being a discount plan, it sucks.
    It's stressful to see people fight to keep this dying ship a float.
    Some units and offices have horrible culture, the boys club is well and alive, look at your leaders.

Advice to Management

Stop sucking the souls out of employees. And please stop using consultants to determine the future of the business. Talk to your employees instead.

Showing 173 of 1,255 reviews