Pitney Bowes Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,176 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management needs to listen to be more open to suggestions from the sales force (in 40 reviews)

• People misusing work-life balance doing work from home for no good reason and eventually cost is paid by the employees who actually work (in 17 reviews)

1. "Good Ol Boy Network - Worst "Professional" Place. Ever."

Former Employee - On Site Production Technician
    Former Employee - On Site Production Technician

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay. Working on your own. OT.

Cons

Benefits. Operators. Management. HR. OT. As a technician, you will work on graveyards (usually) because Presort Services processes mail. You are given 20-30 year old machines with techs who "manipulate" parts in order for them to run a shift. It is run and gun maintenance. Even for a new site, the company hands that site the oldest, worst machines and expects you to fix them (in order to save money). The company has a profit, but will not justify another technician. I have worked during my lunch, my "breaks" multiple times. Most of the shift you will be bored out of your mind because operations are running smooth (when your machines finally run decent). Operators can loathe your existence because they think you should be doing their entry level work and your work. I had no problem helping out the team when needed, I just don't go around demanding you help me. Operators go through temp agencies, and operators are entry level workers. This is not an issue, but professionalism is the least concerning issue on the floor. I have personally dealt with racist comments that managers have overlooked. I would never recommend this company to a veteran or a member of the LGBT community. Ever. If you have a family, be prepared to not plan a vacation or use your vacation as OT is going to be working against you. In addition to maintenance you need to do on the weekend because it can't be done on shift during mail processing, you will be asked the night you come to shift to arrive 2 hours early the next shift for a company function. If you have a family or are enrolled in college, prepare for your life to be affected (in a negative way). Favoritism is a major factor here, and you will be ignored, or downplayed. There is no on-site HR, and because you work graves, you are on your own. I wrote a lengthy email to HR about my manager when I left and was not given much feedback, except that they would look into it. You can expect travel for training, but that can be at any given time. Mind you, it took my manager a whole year to find me and my skill set, and even after I left, they do not have a replacement for me in a big city. I do love my new job - not being at Pitney! This is the worst company I have worked for. Such a disappointment.

Advice to Management

Employees will retire. Give your next generation a reason to stay.

"Supply Sales"

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of...

Cons

Typical call center/sweatshop environment. Nothing but micromanagement and unreal expectations.

3. "World class company, cares about employees, reinventing itself."

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Investment in their people, great resources available for professional development, drive for diversity, strong ethics throughout the firm, mentor and early in career programs.

Cons

The only negative is the headwind that declining mail volumes create. The company is taking all the right steps to reinvent itself and remain competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep going!

"Pitney Bowes, now a pass through company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a water fountain on every floor.
    The elevators typically work.
    That should cover the pro's right ?

Cons

Work/Live balance is now somehow "Work Life Integration" at Pitney Blowes.
    The health insurance is closer to being a discount plan, it sucks.
    It's stressful to see people fight to keep this dying ship a float.
    Some units and offices have horrible culture, the boys club is well and alive, look at your leaders.

Advice to Management

Stop sucking the souls out of employees. And please stop using consultants to determine the future of the business. Talk to your employees instead.

"Better off looking elsewhere"

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive 401(k) -- for salaried employees only; matching is much weaker for hourly employees

Cons

Executive staff are completely out of touch with employees. Pay is embarrassingly low.

"Corporate Professional"

Current Employee - Corporate Professional Level in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Corporate Professional Level in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing is work life balance. It varies by area but in the corporate area, it is quite good. Most people can work remote and above average amount of time. The people are talented, the leadership is honest and direct. I am exposed to plenty of confidential information and have only seen people act with integrity.

Cons

Pay for the non bonus eligible is not competitive enough. That is balanced for some with the work life flexibility but if you don't need that then you could probably get paid better elsewhere. Professional development is talked about a lot but there really isn't a lot of opportunity in most areas to develop. The company is struggling to reform the business and time is running out. So while leadership is optimistic, there just.hasn't been enough to celebrate

Advice to Management

Do more to identify your talented professionals as well as para-professionals and make sure they are paid competitively and feel valued. There is a lot of effort to develop the executives. It seems if they do their job well (nothing spectacular) they are praised and rewarded but everyone else is pretty much ignored. How about given budgets for spot awards to Directors and above that manage staff.

7. "Machine Operator"

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

very agile, and hard working smart

Cons

Bad Pay rate and non encouraging

Advice to Management

management must sit up

8. "good company to work for"

I worked at Pitney Bowes (More than 5 years)

Pros

company provides a good work life balance. Is really a good company to work for. Growth in the organization is really good and it gives you a chance to get a very good domain knowledge.

Cons

none that i could think of. overall a nice place to work in

9. "dont think about it"

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

none that i see right now

Cons

low pay constantly moving your hours

10. "Supply Sales"

Pros

Benefits, hours, vacation, good sales managers

Cons

Horrible customer service, most customers are upset with PB's billing department.

Showing 1,176 of 1,224 reviews