Pitney Bowes "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Sep 27, 2019

3.2
Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach
Marc Lautenbach
Pros
  • "Great work life balance, super friendly coworkers(in 189 reviews)

• "Good benefits (Free Cab, health insurance, incentives sometimes)(in 110 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management/CEO wants to build a new company by bleeding dry the old one(in 52 reviews)

• "The majority of senior management is either legacy, or IBM legacy(in 34 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "My experience so far has been good for where I was in my career and development"

Current Employee - Strategic Sourcing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people are great! Good work/life balance, advanced in a lot of technological ways and the company is looking for ways to improve and stay relevant.

Cons

Communication isn’t great between upper management and middle management. Older company going through transformation with a lot of growing pains including a change in culture.

Advice to Management

Improve communication between upper and middle management, upper management should also spend the day in the life of some of the roles that support day to day activities

Pitney Bowes2018-03-21

"A once great company"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Vacation...when they allow you to take it

Cons

The company is crumbling around the Micro Managers and Bean Counters. Upper management/CEO wants to build a new company by bleeding dry the old one. The morale of Senior employees has plummeted.

Advice to Management

Take early retirement

Pitney Bowes2019-09-27
  3. "Is there a future here?"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Vacation time...only if you can get it approved by the Micro Managers

Cons

The company is run with a Poverty Mentality, and the Field Service employees are under valued. We are all expected to transform into Sales reps. Pay was frozen for 10 yrs while upper management tried to fund a new business concept, all the while collecting their millions.

Advice to Management

They don't listen

Pitney Bowes2019-06-21

"It’s got its pros and cons"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Depends on the position and what client site you work at, but everyday brings new challenges to work through, not an extremely monotonous job, which helps you grow and learn.

Cons

Upper management decisions always result in losses and then every year manager says no money for raises. They also try and minimize and downplay what people actually do in positions they hold and give you yearly goals that are impossible unless you are the managers pet who gets all the

Advice to Management

Treat people with more respect, pay them better, and realize that when you offer vacation as a benefit you need to have enough employees so people can take more quality time off instead of being told when you can take it.

Pitney Bowes2019-05-13
  5. "It just keeps getting worse ..."

Former Employee - Operations in Neenah, WI

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Honestly, the vacation time is the only pro. Which is good because you'll want to take a lot of time off.

Cons

PAY. Management. Co-Workers. Systems. Morale. 1. You're paid way below market value with absolutely no chance of a raise as they pick and choose when they will give those out even though the CEO is receiving MILLION dollar bonuses. 2. The management team is a JOKE. You have people in Management and Supervisor jobs who have no right to be in that position. They're not qualified and in the last few years they've become so desperate that they will put anyone in a supervisor position. It's laughable how terrible it is. You also have upper management who never show their face in the building yet want you to believe that they're going to make changes that will benefit us greatly..... 3. It's like working with a bunch of children, sure, there are co-workers who are great but it's mostly people who don't know how to clean themselves up, who love to abuse FMLA and cry when they don't get what they want.

Advice to Management

CLEAN HOUSE. Start fresh, get some new faces, people with education and knowledge of how a businesses and people should be managed. If you can't do that then put the supervisors and managers into a training for how to deal with people and how to get off HIGH HORSES.

Pitney Bowes2018-12-19

"Dying Company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very cool amenities, ARNP, chiropractor and a masseuse on staff sometimes.

Cons

Unable to utilize any of the cool amenities because of fear of losing your job. Has gone from focusing on customer service and revenue to only caring about the call metrics that a 3rd party came up with because apparently management couldn’t come up with a plan themselves. Micro management to the max, more worried about when I have to use the restroom and how many calls I’ve made than how much revenue I’ve brought in or why the business is dying. Upper management is out of touch, local management is a joke, the only motivational tools they use now are casual day “coupons” and FEAR of losing your job. Also local management apparently can approve vacation time and then take it away whenever they feel like it, seriously.. Terrible customer service, we literally have to decide what is more important, helping our clients or feeding our families because you can’t do both and still meet the newly required talk time and call metrics.

Advice to Management

Abandon ship! I’m out of here. Just like the stockholders are..

Pitney Bowes2018-09-08

"Don’t even think about it"

Former Employee - Sales in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

None that I can think of. Coworkers are good people but they were promised a bill of goods at the outset too.

Cons

Unethical company Rampant layoffs Total disregard for employees Upper management had no clue what they are doing or how to make the company profitable.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. You are obsolete.

Pitney Bowes2018-05-03

"Welcome aboard the Titantic, an enormous sinking ship"

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

Cant think of many pros

Cons

Horrible management Poor work environment terrible pay constantly screw over hard working employees to benefit upper management

Advice to Management

quit before the FTC realizes all the fudged numbers

Pitney Bowes2018-03-15

"Senior Technical Writer"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Boulder, CO

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people at the Boulder, CO office. Good benefits.

Cons

Large corporation, upper management does not care about employees no matter how much the managers might.

Pitney Bowes2018-02-21

"Run for your life."

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than a year

Pros

For a corporation (I've worked at a few now), usually even in a bad engineering organization, one could rave about the corporate card, opportunity to learn and grow, or <insert perk here>. Not Pitney.

Cons

Pitney Bowes is a dinosaur who is trying to keep itself alive through acquisitions and blurry vision. It sees technology as the way forward with its logistic, forex, and shipping background and rightfully so, but it's implementation is utter crap. Pitney is a organization rampant with corporate politics, the epitome of rancid corporate culture. This is ESPECIALLY so within engineering and Global ecommerce. If there is one thing upper management has expertise in, its running acquisitions into the ground. It’s almost inspiring their ability to kill culture, as it seems like the one thing leadership knows how to do. They have managed to take market dominance (Borderfree) and a 5 year head start from competition and squander it with petty politics, inability to hire and retain ANY talent, and a NYC and Tel Aviv office who function more like angry siblings than one working unit. Upper management in the business and engineering units, are clueless to running an organization with any form of vision or inspiring anything more than an employee wanting to take a nap and do the bare minimum. As a previous employee who did everything in his power to try and effect positive change on a dying culture here, for his team and platform, I say run. To any engineer considering joining this market or any engineering organization within Pitney, run. This organization is filled with complacent people who either are locked in by immigration requirements (or visas) or individuals would never be able to find a job elsewhere and would be laughed out of any interview.

Advice to Management

Quit, and completely gut your organization. Time for fresh leaders, from upper management down. Given liquidation rumors, layoffs, and the stock’s inability to perform, I would say there is little hope for PB with its current upper management, and even the best could not come in and save this destroyed shell of a company. SaaS, APIs, and other digital products are your life-lines, and you have allowed poor political structure to kill them – from their initiatives, to the culture of those involved, to their implementations. Job well done, I’ve never seen the uncanny ability to destroy so much, so quickly.

Pitney Bowes2018-01-11