Pivot Physical Therapy Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

3.9
Pivot Physical Therapy CEO Chris Throckmorton, PT,  MBA
Chris Throckmorton, PT, MBA
Pros
  • "Good Benefits, Good Work Environment, Tons of Con-Ed Opportunities(in 12 reviews)

• "Working at Pivot Physical Therapy has been great(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Cannot think of any , very happy at Pivot, welcoming surroundings(in 14 reviews)

• "Many therapists will be double booked and sometimes becomes offset, thus two people can be scheduled every half hour around the lunch break(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Love my Pivot family!

May 5, 2021 - Physical Therapy Aide in North East, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best coworkers and patients I could’ve ever asked for. Such a supportive community

Cons

Aides are only part time, wish this was a full-time position!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent management from local to national leadership.

Feb 17, 2021 - Physical Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very transparent, great support from leadership, doesn’t hound about numbers

Cons

Not all clinic created equally

Employee Relations Liaison

We appreciate the positive feedback - thank you! We're so happy to hear that you value our leadership, support and communication at Pivot.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Place to work!!

Dec 12, 2020 - Insurance Verification Specialist in Garner, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is down to earth and truly treats communication to every employee as if they were his own family! Other employees treat you like you are part of their family and always are ready to lend a hand when needed. Company strives to not only do better as a business for our customers, but also for the employees. Company continuously seeks ways to better each employee and the company as a whole to be successful for our patients and the employees.

Cons

As with any company, there are always kinks with employee personalities, favorites among Managers, etc and benefits not always being perfect for employees (there is no "one package fits all" no matter where you work). Even though this is a con I can say that there does not seem to be one department that is not willing to hear the issues, and take to hear the issue at hand so I guess in that area, it is still a pro!

Employee Relations Liaison

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and comments! We’re thrilled to hear all of the positives you shared about working at Pivot. We are fortunate to have dedicated and long standing employees like you!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good Company

Apr 13, 2021 - Physical Therapist in Culpeper, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Communication between management and other staff Incentive bonus programs Continuing education

Cons

Can be more overworked in rural areas Difficult at times to get coverage between clinics

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great company with growing pains.

Dec 10, 2020 - Healthcare Billing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is showing excellent growth and exciting opportunities for good employees. The CEO is taking the company great places with upgrading software and opening new divisions. The company has met the pandemic head on with great communication and willingness to think outside the box.

Cons

As the company grows, so does the growing pains. The salaries are a bit low compared to other companies and the insurance has a lot of room for improvement. Lately, with the pandemic, they have not been hiring to replace those lost, so we all have to work harder with added stress.

Employee Relations Liaison

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! We appreciate the positive and constructive comments.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ok

Mar 24, 2021 - Physical Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

New CEO is great and understanding Bonuses are attainable Flexible hours Salary is competitive Continuing education

Cons

Management is poor Mill -so much on productivity Mentoring lacks Health benefits are crummy Acknowledgement

Employee Relations Liaison

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback on your Pivot employment experience! We urge you to reach out to us at Feedback@PivotHS.com to further discuss some of your comments. We look forward to hearing from you.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Mar 28, 2021 - PT Aide/Clerk
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent flexibility with work hours

Cons

Experience depends heavily on management

Employee Relations Liaison

We appreciate the rating and feedback! All the best to you.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Overworked and underpaid

Mar 19, 2021 - Physical Therapist in Jacksonville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great front staff and therapists

Cons

poor overall management, unsupportive of therapists requests to help improve productivity and patient care.

Employee Relations Liaison

Thank you for posting! We appreciate your comments and bringing your feedback to our attention.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Dec 11, 2020 - Physical Therapist in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many good perks and benefits, like free Medbridge, $1G towards continuing education every year, good health insurance, and fairly adjustable work scheduling without needing to take time off. In my experience it's been a friendly, fun, enjoyable place to work with very approachable leadership.

Cons

There is a heavy focus on productivity. While it is nice the company gives the therapist a lot of control and responsibility in keeping their schedule busy, sometimes the push for productivity is a bit much. I worry that productivity hinders quality treatment and relationships with patients. I also wish there was a larger company match towards retirement/401k savings

Employee Relations Liaison

Thanks very much for the great feedback and comments! We’re very happy to hear that you think Pivot is a “Great Place to Work!”

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty good entry level job

Mar 9, 2021 - PT Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Physical therapists were nice to work with

Cons

Could get hectic at times but overall was good

Employee Relations Liaison

We appreciate the positive feedback and review - thank you! We wish you the best for all future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 191 Reviews