Pivotal Payments Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Philip Fayer

1. "Management is AMAZING"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pivotal Payments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management makes this very difficult yet rewarding job much more doable bc of their positive attitudes and knowledge to help you succeed.

Cons

Cold calling and rejection on a daily basis. Over saturated industry.

Advice to Management

Keep being positive and lending a helping hand! :)

2. "so so ....changing name to Kavayo soon"

Current Employee - Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pivotal Payments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

employees are nice HR is super nice parties with food

Cons

If your not Bosses friend you won't be promoted

Advice to Management

Grow up stop promoting your friends and quit firing people that aren't your friends, employees all see you for who you really are.

"Exciting, Challenging, Rewarding"

Current Employee - Director, Risk Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director, Risk Management in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pivotal Payments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to re-build a team and I have the autonomy to do so. My boss tasked me with the most challenging but yet the most rewarding opportunity of my career. Because Pivotal is a smaller company I have less red tape to cut down and more ability to make changes.

Cons

With pros there is cons. Although I have the autonomy to do what is needed, I have less resources than what a larger company would have. It just creates more challenge for me, but I am not afraid of the challenge as long as I have the ability to make decisions and execute.

Advice to Management

Communicate strategy plans to the whole company. There are a lot of moving parts and it would be nice to have the executive leadership share more often in a formal setting.

4. "Sell service to new and existing clients, data entry, billing and chargebacks and excellent phone etiquette."

Former Employee - Sales Assistant/Customer Service in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant/Customer Service in Melville, NY

Pros

Great work-life with Pivotal payments, I enjoyed working for this company.

Cons

I wish the time off policy was better.

Advice to Management

none

5. "Great Sales Support"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in East Norwich, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in East Norwich, NY

I have been working at Pivotal Payments full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great sales support team willing to go the extra mile to keep your clients happy.

Cons

Could increase size of sales support team.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "AVP"

Pros

Flexible with most things. Autonomy with job.

Cons

Growing out of current infrastructure.

"Poorly run company"

Former Employee - Technical Sales Engineer
    Former Employee - Technical Sales Engineer

I worked at Pivotal Payments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were nice, even though they are all frustrated with the inability to actually accomplish anything with the lack of resources they are given.

Cons

Worst in house communication of any company I've ever had to work for.
    Upper Management does not have any clue what the rest of the company is doing.

"They Just Don't Get It"

I worked at Pivotal Payments full-time

Pros

Working remote, no micro management

Cons

As a recruiter you'll get no direction, no leadership, no help from management whatsoever. You'll be expected to find, negotiate, and close your own accounts.
    And you'll earn about half of what other companies pay. The benefits package is VERY expensive. Most recruiters don't last more than a year. And if by some chance you still do well in this role, there will be zero recognition. No president's club, no "good job", not even a call or email on your birthday. No matter how much business you bring in (I set company records), the CEO will never care to know your name. They'll tell you that you'll earn a 10% override, but they'll tell you that it's paid as "net" after they deduct "costs". They'll never tell you exactly how these are calculated, but I calculated my own book and it came out to just under 2%. If you make too much, they'll find a reason to let you go and keep your residuals.

As relationship manager you'll be tasked with the impossible. See, recruiters bring in partners, but the underwriting process is do tedious, and the partner support is do poor, they'll stop sending business. Your job will be to hound them daily to send you deals, KNOWING they're going to have major issues when they do so. Partner Services is a voicemail box that no one ever respond to. It's a miserable, thankless job.

Management is penny wise, pound foolish. They'll step over dollars to make dimes. In 20 years of executive management, I've never seen any large company quite as poorly run.VERY poor agent and customer service. Attitude of "blame the customer" when things go awry.

Advice to Management

Listen to any number of consultants that have tried to help

9. "Good environment bad pay"

I worked at Pivotal Payments full-time

Pros

Te environment was good, where the employees felt a sense of family and really fit well together. there were good parties and team building events

Cons

Everyone felt under paid compared to industry standards, there were so many systems that doing anything was a pain.

Advice to Management

invest in your people and they will stay. for a long time employees felt a sense of loyalty that held them there. in recent years many people have left seeing that the loyalty doesn't run both ways

"Worst management team I've ever worked with, they could do so much better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Pivotal Payments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only thing worth mentioning is that the employees realize how bad they're being treated so they band together to try and make it more bearable.

Internally within each department, they organize potlucks, lunches, outings, etc since Management won't unless they realize everyone's morale has dropped and "need" to do something for their employees.

Cons

There is a reason that this place is one of the worst rated companies in its industry. Shady sales practices (sales reps were caught frauding merchants) and one of their sponsor banks has been in the news last year for a fraud scandal as well.

Pivotal uses their employees to "help" rate their company, blindly rating 5 stars on sites like this to deal with poor reputation. They use no transparency and attempt to make themselves look better in the process. I feel like this is unethical and they should be called out on their public relations, marketing and social networking tactics.

Management is more concerned about finances and making the Executives money and are not concerned about the people who are allowing them to keep those positions. Pivotal is understaffed, overworked, not trained enough and underpaid for the industry ($3-4 more an hour elsewhere doing the same thing).

The Director of my department has been the WORST boss I've ever had a company. Refused to acknowledge my expertise, cut me off continually to drone on about non-related issues (things that are meant to be handled within management) and then talked poorly about me behind my back. He expects everyone to be "yes-men" and has to be right about everything. He's been known to throw people under the bus to make himself look good ("To protect you.....", he's actually said that).

Advice to Management

Spend more time being proactive as opposed to putting out fires when problems occur. I feel like you're inexperienced with how a contact center is supposed to be operated.

Stop keeping employees that are hindering your company just so that you don't have to hire during "busy" periods. I've heard on multiple occasions that they've kept employee numbers limited to save money and they don't want to hire someone new to replace them until after the problems become too great. Sexist, racist attitudes and extremely poor performance should be treated diligently and immediately.

Stop hiring low-level management who have no training, you're preventing the day-to-day operations from running smoothly. Either that or spend time training people like you're supposed to.

Pivotal needs to make the company lose their poor reputation and progress past their indiscretions. Hire leaders, not bosses to effectively use your staff and promote growth, learning and a positive environment.

I know you use an NPS (Net Promoter Score) externally to validate how merchants would rate you. I suggest doing it internally for all employees to see how you rank within. You'll be surprised at how many people are disgruntled and disapprove of you anonymously. You should request Phil Fayer to open them and read them out loud for the Executives to hear.