Found 242 of over 315 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Very low salary especially for positions held predominately by women." (in 17 reviews)
- "pay is low and hard to afford housing" (in 15 reviews)
- "long hours depending on role and state of the film" (in 9 reviews)
- "Extremely limited opportunities for career advancement." (in 5 reviews)
- "Leadership seems challenged beyond their abilities when it comes to producing feature films (IMHO)" (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Pixar Animation Studios and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 20, 2023Technical DirectorFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsEmeryville, CA
Good people, okay compensation, prestige
Leadership seems challenged beyond their abilities when it comes to producing feature films (IMHO)
- 4.0Aug 2, 2023Senior Technical DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsEmeryville, CA
Beautiful campus with many talented artists
story/scripts are lacking and all the re-writes and failures massively impact morale. I hear on the daily everyone talking about the "good days" yet no one makes changes.
- 2.0Jul 26, 2023CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsEmeryville, CA
Great health benefits and perks (parties, bonuses, Disneyland tickets). Genuinely a fun office with flexible work life balance. The food is awesome.
Uninspiring movies, no career growth, and low pay. There's also major issues with managers and declining diversity. HR is useless and does not care about employees. They only care about what's best for the business and side with managers even if they are clearly wrong. There is barely any support for POC and they got rid of our Diversity team and the one VP of color that is actually helpful.
- 4.0Aug 17, 2023Storyboard ArtistCurrent EmployeeEmeryville, CA
The passion for storytelling is strong and inspiring, great people to work with, beautiful facility, good benefits
low pay, culture of fear
- 5.0Jul 6, 2023Production AssistantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsEmeryville, CA
I had an incredible experience, and an opportunity to work with some of the most creative people in animation.
No con to report here.
- 4.0Apr 4, 2023Global TechnologyFormer Employee, less than 1 yearEmeryville, CA
Loved the people, the culture, the events, and participating in a lot of the entire filmmaking process
The pay isn't great for an engineer. the "fame" of being on the credits of a film should make you feel ok with this but didn't fully for me.
Pixar Animation Studios Reviews FAQs
Pixar Animation Studios has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 315 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Pixar Animation Studios to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
78% of Pixar Animation Studios employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pixar Animation Studios 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.