PixelMEDIA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Erik Dodier
  1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at PixelMEDIA full-time for more than a year

Pros

A solid company with a focus on growth. The culture of management is to provide opportunities for growth. Great people and clients.

Cons

Small company so may not be a fit for folks coming out of larger established firms.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide constant feedback to the workforce and find opportunities for employees to participate in the improvement of the company.

PixelMEDIA2018-10-03

"Stressful work environment"

Former Employee - Designer

I worked at PixelMEDIA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The variety and work experience was great to be a part of.

Cons

Some of my immediate co-workers and supervisors were great to work with. However, I generally felt disrespected by many of the other team members. Most people there are pretty cut-throat and negative towards each other. Everyone seemed to be on edge. Fighting among the staff was almost a daily occurrence. I felt this attitude/culture stemmed from leadership. Erik was always really nice and respectful to me. However,...

Advice to Management

Something is broken. Thomas was the biggest problem for me and I feel his leadership/management tactics made the work environment toxic.

PixelMEDIA2019-04-24
  3. "Solid Place to Work"

I have been working at PixelMEDIA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Like working with your family - Good benefits - Fun lunch times - Smartest team I have ever worked with - Amazing clients

Cons

- Everything is very flat, so if you are looking to further your career path, there is no clear way to do that.

Advice to Management

- Continue to take risks and make the hard decisions. We wouldn't be where we are today if you hadn't.

PixelMEDIA2017-09-19

"Overall disappointment"

I worked at PixelMEDIA full-time

Pros

Cool work space, talented people

Cons

Lack of accountability, pay is way less than industry standard, employees are not on the bandwagon for CEO's vision and they're more concerned with "the way things have always been". Lots of self-entitlement and ego and lack of professionalism.

Advice to Management

Worry less about "perception" and actually get to the bottom of issues. Don't talk out both sides of your mouth. Produce an Employee Handbook and either have everyone adhere to it. Provide the flexibility you say you provide when you interview people and suck them into the abyss. Find out about your employees' strengths and weaknesses and give them a chance to shine instead of picking out every minute flaw. Find...

PixelMEDIA2017-05-02

"So-so"

I worked at PixelMEDIA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get to work with interesting local clients and generally speaking everybody gets along and the work gets done.

Cons

The teams were isolated. Everyone was concerned with hours and how much they needed to bill. No career growth.

Advice to Management

Evolve or get left behind. Focus on your core strengths and trust those who remain loyal or prepare for another mass exodus

PixelMEDIA2016-05-07

"Love my job!"

I have been working at PixelMEDIA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at Pxl for 6 years and love the culture and flexibility. I am able to maintain a great home/work balance without feeling pressured. I like the diversity of my job and the ability to take on new projects. The employees are great and I like coming to work every day!

Cons

Great open concept office but at times, it makes it hard to concentrate.

Advice to Management

One word: Accountability for everyone.

PixelMEDIA2016-03-24
  7. "Proud of Where I Work"

I have been working at PixelMEDIA full-time for more than a year

Pros

• New "Flexible Time Off" leans on trusting employees to take ANY time needed, while balancing work --- definitely helps cater to young families who need flexible opportunities to get their job done! • CEO's door is always open and welcomes feedback • Company-paid lunches, drinks, outings • The pool table actually gets used -- tournament-style • Fluidity between departments and disciplines, depending on skills, desire,...

Cons

• Would be nice if the office was downtown….but the space is really nice, and no city traffic to worry about

Advice to Management

Continue to stand up for your employees, listen to their concerns, care about what they find important. Encourage positive behavior. Overall I am thrilled to be working here, and hope to see more eager, affable talent join our company. The people are really what make the business. We're fortunate to have an unfailingly generous CEO, who is constantly giving back to others in need as well as non-profit organizations....

PixelMEDIA2016-03-25
  8. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at PixelMEDIA for more than 8 years

Pros

PixelMEDIA is a company full of great people and talent with strong core values. I like that I have the ability to be creative and innovative. Here we are all encouraged to "think like an owner" and find the way we can each contribute to the company's success as well as our own.

Cons

Cannot think of anything I would consider a Con of working here.

PixelMEDIA2016-03-24
  9. "Content Strategist"

Former Employee - Content Strategist in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at PixelMEDIA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Collegial atmosphere, smart co-workers, great attitude and lots of fun. I particularly enjoyed the way teams would be put together on the fly, so in addition to building relationships with a regular team, you get the chance to learn new perspectives from new people on every project.

Cons

Honestly can't come up with any serious weaknesses. This is one of the better firms in the region, and won best small company to work for in the state not so long ago. There's a great spirit and eagerness to do things right. Sure, might be nice to be in one of those funky old buildings downtown, but the brand-new, bespoke space out at Pease is a very pleasant environment.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. The quarterly meetings are a great way to keep everyone on the same page, as is the annual mission-definition.

PixelMEDIA2015-04-13

"I've been with PixelMEDIA a long time and made a difference."

I have been working at PixelMEDIA full-time

Pros

If you're ambitious and don't require a lot of management on how to do your job effectively. then this could be the place for you. Compensation & benefits are reasonable (negotiation helps) and there is a lot of flexibility with hours & work from home. 40-45 hours (max) are very standard which makes work/life balance very possible.

Cons

The organization is very flat so advancement needs to come in the form of valuable work experience and skillset advancement. Both of which are very possible here.

Advice to Management

Focus more of your time on leadership/business development and management of your teams. Getting bogged down with client work makes good management difficult to achieve which can lead to turnover.

PixelMEDIA2015-02-26