Pixeldust Studios Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2016

Found 16 reviews

3.9
Ricardo Andrade

"World class work with a family twist"

I have been working at Pixeldust Studios full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hands down the family environment. The managers take time to work with each of the crew members to help them realize their strengths and nurture any areas where there may be weaknesses. The crew works together as a team on all projects bringing their opnions and skills to the table to ensure the outcome of a successful project.

Cons

Some projects require working long hours and may require the ability to do a lot of juggling and the wearing of many hats. But, that's where the family environment comes in. During these intense periods everyone is in it as a team. Visual effects and animation is not for the faint of heart.

Advice to Management

No advice needed. Management if family-friendly but also respectful and fair.

Pixeldust Studios2015-08-23

"Interesting work."

I worked at Pixeldust Studios full-time

Pros

Great place with interesting projects. Helped me get some good work for my portfolio. Have a great team vibe.

Cons

Organization was a little weak at the time. They were working on fixing that by employing workflow programs

Pixeldust Studios2016-09-08

"Great Creative Work Envorionment"

Former Employee - 3D Animator and Artist

I worked at Pixeldust Studios full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great and spacious office space close to public transportation. Amazing opportunity to gain hands on experience working on a wide range of interesting projects including features, commercials and network series. Extremely talented and friendly artists to work with. Fantastic management team who are understanding, caring, helpful and FUN; some of the nicest people I know who would truly treat employees as family. XOXO...

Cons

Expect to put in the extra hours/effort when meeting strict deadlines, but If you can't do this, maybe you are in the wrong industry.

Pixeldust Studios2015-06-11

"motion designer"

Former Employee - 3D Animator and Graphic Design Artist in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Pixeldust Studios

Pros

I made some graphics for TV co-artist near metro got some experience to land a job somewhere else

Cons

management scheduling skills equipment is getting old

Advice to Management

management has been writing 5 stars reviews to raise their average, but they do nothing to change their own ways to truly make the company a 5 star company.

Pixeldust Studios2015-02-13

"Would work there again"

I worked at Pixeldust Studios full-time

Pros

- projects are fun to work on and you get to work with some notable clients - good atmosphere - cool and laid back co-workers, very easy to work with - at the end of the day no matter how bad you feel like you think you are treated, management really does care about you

Cons

- lack of structure/goals for post projects - lack of communication sometimes from between artists and management - some artists do not use their time as wisely as they should (on forums, applying for jobs for other companies during work time) - low compensation/pay for artist who put in more than they get

Advice to Management

- have a more structured working system. meet as a company once a week and say how things are going, and everyone's progress. it is not a lot to ask and it will help out a ton. have someone as a supervisor that not only is in charge of the bigger CG projects but of all of the projects so that artists don't have to constantly bother the management about changes. this will free up the management's time so that they can...

Pixeldust Studios2014-12-13

"Great Place for the people and the projects"

Former Employee - VFX Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at Pixeldust Studios full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PD is a great place to work. It was great to work on projects that were broadcast on a many different networks. Also you get to work on features and commercials. I really enjoyed the wide range of projects we worked on over the course of the year. Great staff and management that will work with you creatively and personally. I have worked there for 6 years and the experience I have gained is un-measurable. I have worked...

Cons

There can be long hours, but THAT is part of production and animation industry.

Pixeldust Studios2014-10-28

"Creative, great place to work"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Pixeldust Studios full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great, approachable management team, friendly atmosphere. Very good, competitive benefit package and salaries. Projects and clients are very interesting. There is room for growing and good life/work balance, management really care for the employees. It's a fantastic experience.

Cons

Not much to say here, I really enjoy working at the company. Everything looks great to me. I am pleased to work there.

Pixeldust Studios2014-09-15

"Very Creative yet Challenging Environment"

Current Employee - Production Coordinator

I have been working at Pixeldust Studios full-time

Pros

Exceptional co-workers who are great to work with; Very creative and team friendly, and always willing to help. Variety of different skill-sets and creative thinkers. Amazing mentors, proper constructive criticism and advice. Very nice area, Bethesda is one of the nicest cities I've ever lived in.

Cons

Work load can be very heavy at times; priority multi-tasking is a BIG must. Server is hard to navigate and takes time to learn.

Advice to Management

Invest in a more user friendly data server.

Pixeldust Studios2014-09-10

"Exciting place to work at"

Current Employee - Executive Producer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Pixeldust Studios full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great working environment, excellent benefits and time off, more than fair compensation, world class clients and advancement opportunities. Leadership is clear, friendly and approachable, I feel there is a genuine care for the employees. I'm always thanked for working hard on a project or proposal.

Cons

Values are great, Time off has to be requested in advance through PTO system, I get comp time when working extended hours.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunities over the years, I really appreciate you believing in me and for helping me grow professionally and developing my skills. I recommend this company.

Pixeldust Studios2014-09-10

"Amazing group of people"

Current Employee - Production Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Pixeldust Studios full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic team, great, positive attitudes. Projects keep getting better. Overall a great place to be. The culture is amazing and the perks are great.

Cons

I don't think I can say anything negative!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing environment and don't forget to continue to reward your best employees.

Pixeldust Studios2014-01-20