Pizza Hut UK Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Pizza Hut UK CEO Jens Hofma
Jens Hofma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free food, dont have to talk much to customers or staff, work flexible hours, close to home, friendly staff, they pay every friday (in 11 reviews)

• Good free food , relatively easy job (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No wage slips no holidays never accepted work related stress less staff more work long hours (in 14 reviews)

• Treated badly from management shouted at when busy, had to work 5 different roles instead of just working in the reception and minimum wage (in 9 reviews)

1. "Flexible but poorly paid"

Pros

Flexible work schedule, free pizzza!

Cons

poor pay, long hours, lack of investment, lack of understanding from above, terrible computer system

Advice to Management

listen to the employees as they're the ones who know best how the business works

2. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Roosevelt, UT
    Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Roosevelt, UT

I worked at Pizza Hut UK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours when they like you. Huge discount on pizza.

Cons

If they don't like you they won't give you hours. Totally ignores sexual harassment in the workplace. I quit because I was being sexually harassed by two of my co-workers and she wouldn't do anything to stop it even though I went to her several times. She ended up cutting my work hours down to almost nothing to solve the issue, so I quit.

Advice to Management

Take sexual harassment more seriously. Also, cleanliness is a big thing to address.

3. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Billing Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Billing Clerk in San Diego, CA

I worked at Pizza Hut UK (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company offers a lot of benefits to their employess from birthday celebrations to holiday parties and hourly rate incentives. This company has a great employee staffing. The people are fun to work with.

Cons

The manager/owner is a micromanager. He doesn't let the employees show that they can do their jobs for which they are paid to do. He can be known to fly off the handle and send peolple home for the day. He doesn't have much faith in his employees.

Advice to Management

You need to have faith in your employees and let them do their jobs. Communicate with them and have them show you that they can work for you by allowing them to perform their jobs.

4. "OK place to work"

I worked at Pizza Hut UK part-time

Pros

Free pizza and regular training

Cons

Intensity of work goes up and down

5. "Surprisingly Unproffesional"

Current Employee - Back of House
    Current Employee - Back of House

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Discounts
    - Get to eat incorrect orders
    - People

Cons

- Work intensity varies drastically
    - Never finish on time
    - No overtime pay
    - More gossipy than a school
    - Shifts don't always stay within availability; and managers refuse to help rearrange
    - Some managers on an obvious power trip

Advice to Management

Realise that for young, part-time staff, this job is not the main thing going on in their life. I owe nothing to this company, but managers act like I do. Give more praise, as good work is rarely recognised, especially for BOH staff.

"Team Member"

I worked at Pizza Hut UK part-time

Pros

- Lovely people
    - flexible work
    - can be fun

Cons

- terrible pay
    - often very unorganised
    - can be very stressful (depending on which hut you are at)
    - long hours, and not evenly distributed

"Delivery driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Staines, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Staines, England (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in choosing your working hours

Cons

You are not only a driver, you also have to do cleaning and dish washing once in a while

Advice to Management

Management was good

8. "Driver (own car)"

Current Employee - Student/Part Time Driver (Own Car) in Irvine, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Student/Part Time Driver (Own Car) in Irvine, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility ............. Works around your schedule

Cons

* Every employee behind counter is a manager.
    *Driver position but you end up mopping and cleaning , stocking , storing , folding, emptying bins and ........
    * dont expect any food , pay for your pizza @ work
    * No training for staff , no professionalism in dealing with staff , No manners , abruptness.

Advice to Management

Simple advise , employ the right person for the right job or invest in training your staff and store managers.

9. "What you expect"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Preston, North West England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK (More than a year)

Pros

Career progression if you want it.
    Some flexibility in hours
    Acceptly clean
    Good level of information given by management

Cons

No breaks
    Working most weekends
    Computer system slow

"Terrible Place To Work"

Former Employee - Back of House Staff
    Former Employee - Back of House Staff

I worked at Pizza Hut UK (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid and your coworkers are probably nice. That's literally all I can think of - 'free pizza' doesn't even come into it because the pizza you're entitled to after working eight hours is a kids pizza not large enough to fill anyone over the age of seven. OH, and it's incredibly easy to get a job there, so there's that, but that's because the staff turnover is huge due to reasons listed below.

Cons

I could write a BOOK on this.
    - Managers do not see you or your coworkers as people at all. You're not human resources, you're resources without the humanity.
    - Frequently made to stay hours after your shift ends. In my first few days working there I was regularly made to work up to four hours overtime and called in on my days off.
    - You will nearly ALWAYS be called in on your days off unless you block your managers' numbers and you will nearly always be asked to stay and work extra hours after your shift ends. The first time you say 'no', you're treated like you never said yes.
    - It's an utterly thankless job and the managers will treat you as inferior for making mistakes regardless of how new or untrained you are or how busy the restaurant is. Which brings me to another point...
    - Training is either given very late or not given at all. The vast majority of people at my pizza hut had been working long shifts for weeks before the managers gave them any training. Many were/are still completing training after months on the job because scheduled 'training' hours on rotas end up being used for shift work instead.
    - Made to work hours on end without any break whatsoever. Usually get a break after eight hours but may be called off it early if the restaurant is busy.
    - Astonishingly poor management/miscommunication between managers results in hits such as employees not being paid on time and being put down on the rota for work on days they've already booked off.
    - Due to all of the above flaws, staff turnover is huge at the pizza hut where I work and we are exceptionally understaffed. Instead of attempting to recruit an adequate amount of staff or reducing the restaurants maximum customer intake to a level the staff can cope with, Pizza Hut choose to exploit the small pool of staff they do have to an extent where nobody is coping with the workload. And then the employees take the blame when things inevitably go wrong.

Advice to Management

Have a little compassion - just like you, your employees are people who are working hard and are overstressed. Please treat them as such and acknowledge that their days off are their days off and their shifts end when their shifts end. Maybe thank them every once in a while as well.

Also, please communicate with one another. Your employees do not know where they stand if you don't. Both of our jobs would be easier if you were consistent in regards to rotas, pay, various practices within the restaurant etc.

Just...fix this, please. Nobody wants to work here because nobody wants or deserves to be treated this badly.