Plaid Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2021

4.6
Plaid Co-Founder and CEO Zach Perret (no image)
Zach Perret
  1. 5.0

Great culture, phenominal growth

Apr 23, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership cares about culture and employees' career growth and happiness. Customers / fintech industry deeply needs the product, so business fundamentals & growth is consistently strong.

Cons

Good luck explaining what Plaid does to your family Starting to feel less like a startup these days

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s what ever you make out of it.

Mar 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every issue I solve, I know that I am impacting thousands if not millions of people that are using Plaid’s APIs. Not every day is the same and each person has the ability to make an impact. Things change quickly so one continues to learn on a regular basis. Tons of autonomy and ability to do more than just support tickets. The ability to work as a SME with product and engineering team is a great opportunity to collaborate with other teams and help with the supportability of our products. I also appreciate that we have 10% or more a week to work on projects that help improve our processes or help us reach our OKRs. The leadership team is very transparent and we are kept aware of ongoing business decisions that are being made on a regular basis. The culture is phenomenal and I can’t think of a better place to be working than at Plaid.

Cons

The Visa acquisition situation caused us to delay our decision making for a year. Now that the saga is over we are back to the good ol Plaid. The excitement and rumors of our evaluation is through the roof. Not truly a con, but this is not a place that one can just cruise. One won’t be expected to put in long hours, but the output and the impact is what matters and not the input.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Incredible Company, Incredible Culture, Huge Opportunity to Create Impact

Mar 10, 2021 - New Business Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plaid is a mission driven company. The work we do at Plaid to democratize financial access creates a huge opportunity to improve financial outcomes for people all over the world. Working on a mission/impact driven team creates a strongly cohesive and motivated environment. Plaid puts a high value on company culture, principles, and values. The Plaid values are evident throughout the company and in interactions with everyone on the team. Benefits, perks, etc. are all incredible as well.

Cons

None! I would say that being excited about the Plaid mission and wanting to create impact with your work is an important element to success at Plaid.

4. 3.0

Eh

Apr 14, 2021 - Cashier in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job security. Easy work, not a lot of expectations.

Cons

Rough job, rough people, kinda dangerous at night

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome collaborative and People first company

Feb 15, 2021 - Security Professional in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Impact driven organization - Super people focussed and grow together mindset - Clear long term vision to support and meaningfully contribute towards the fintech ecosystem

Cons

- Dental and health benefits are great but not in the league of FAANG, decent for a growth stage company

6. 4.0

Intense but rewarding

Apr 6, 2021 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company mission, impactful work

Cons

Chaotic and intense, little work-life balance

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Team

Feb 16, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

daring, really smart team, empowered to take charge

Cons

communication can be lacking across departments

8. 5.0

Good startup

Jan 19, 2021 - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid start-up that allows employees to grow in the ways they want.

Cons

Growing pains that come with a start-up.

9. 5.0

Fantastic place to work with a great sense of community

Jan 8, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic place to work with a great sense of community

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

10. 5.0

👍

Jul 20, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Plaid cares a ton about their employees happiness and company culture - Competitive comp - Extremely mission and principles driven company - Has a solid core product offering, but is still pushing out into new territory with new products and ideas all the time - 3x yearly company hackathon is amazing - Genuinely the smartest yet most humble engineering team I've ever worked on.

Cons

- Company has doubled in size in the last year, so there has been almost constant re-orging and mitosis of teams and groups, which is a little chaotic. - Doesn't invest enough into open sourcing great things we have built internally - Some systems have very high bus factors. Basically we always desperately need more engineers on everything :P

3 people found this review helpful