KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Plaid Reviews

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 48 of over 48 reviews

4.6
Plaid Co-Founder and CEO Zach Perret (no image)
Zach Perret

What people are saying about Plaid

Join the conversation on

Tech

2m

works at

Google

I have offers from various Fintech companies including Plaid, Square and Robinhood, for non-tech roles. Scope of roles is relatively the same across the board as well as comp today (base, equity). Any thoughts on business outlooks for these companies and what makes more sense from a career growth+compensation standpoint (upside)? Robinhood Plaid Square

8 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, intelligent people, great culture!

Nov 3, 2021 - New Business Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work culture is simply amazing and the people are dependable and capable

Cons

Very competitive ecosystem (fintech) and fast paced. A lot of change!

2. 5.0

Great culture, high growth

Oct 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture - people really care about the mission + what's right for customers and consumers High growth - past year has been great for fintech

Cons

A lot of what you'd expect from a company in hypergrowth -- growing rapidly which means lot of change

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing technology

Sep 29, 2021 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are at the center of fintech innovation.

Cons

Growing super fast and new people show up all the time.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Sep 9, 2021 - SWE Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is very good company

Cons

I dont really care about it

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Driven, thoughtful, personable

Aug 19, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Highly engaged and accessible senior leadership. C-suite makes themselves available for questions from anyone and answer them thoughtfully and honestly. + Strong transparency. People answer hard questions honestly and strategic company details are not just accessible but actively broadcasted. + Well-thought-out culture. Company emphasizes openness, empowerment, social support, growth, learning. + Strategic, focused organization. Lots of prioritization going on, company feels really in it to build far-and-away the best Open Banking technology out there, and teams think hard about how their work fits into the organization's goals and strategy. I don't mean just nice paper stuff; I mean the company really thinks about and gets ahead of its hurdles instead of handwaving them again. There's a strong sense of purpose and direction. + Strong future: Open Banking/fintech is expected to boom even further, Plaid is at the forefront, and if you look at publicly-available information and analyses of Plaid's future, paired with the company's culture, priorities, and hiring bar, you might find yourself quite optimistic about Plaid's future. Knock on wood, but stonks only go up! + Individualized career growth attention and performance reviews. + Company rewards being thoughtful.

Cons

- Lots of things to do. The transparency means a lot of information. The impactful work means a lot of prioritization and skimming. You have to get really good at staying focused on priorities and cutting out secondary needs, even when they're enjoyable or pressing. - Growing pains. Both technically and organizationally, Plaid is growing fast right now. This means some things are in flux. - Empowerment means responsibility. You're expected to really take ownership and find opportunities to contribute impactfully. I've never worked anywhere where "you own your career" has rang truer than at Plaid. - Lots of keep-the-lights-on work; some teams and Engineering Managers have a lot on their plate. - Company is super-social. You need to get used to talking to people, asking questions, etc., as a primary learning strategy. Formal processes and tools get a lot of love but they don't keep up with the growth nearly as well as people do. So you gotta really embrace 1:1's and coffee chats.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Great high growth company

Aug 14, 2021 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

inclusive culture, fair towards promotions, overall great place to advance your career. Zach is a great leader

Cons

Challenges in banking and lots of roadmap iterations

7. 5.0

Great company!

Jul 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great career opportunities and awesome team.

Cons

Not a con but still lots of work to be done and lots of problems to solve day to day

8. 5.0

Great culture, phenominal growth

Apr 23, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership cares about culture and employees' career growth and happiness. Customers / fintech industry deeply needs the product, so business fundamentals & growth is consistently strong.

Cons

Good luck explaining what Plaid does to your family Starting to feel less like a startup these days

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s what ever you make out of it.

Mar 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every issue I solve, I know that I am impacting thousands if not millions of people that are using Plaid’s APIs. Not every day is the same and each person has the ability to make an impact. Things change quickly so one continues to learn on a regular basis. Tons of autonomy and ability to do more than just support tickets. The ability to work as a SME with product and engineering team is a great opportunity to collaborate with other teams and help with the supportability of our products. I also appreciate that we have 10% or more a week to work on projects that help improve our processes or help us reach our OKRs. The leadership team is very transparent and we are kept aware of ongoing business decisions that are being made on a regular basis. The culture is phenomenal and I can’t think of a better place to be working than at Plaid.

Cons

The Visa acquisition situation caused us to delay our decision making for a year. Now that the saga is over we are back to the good ol Plaid. The excitement and rumors of our evaluation is through the roof. Not truly a con, but this is not a place that one can just cruise. One won’t be expected to put in long hours, but the output and the impact is what matters and not the input.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Incredible Company, Incredible Culture, Huge Opportunity to Create Impact

Mar 10, 2021 - New Business Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plaid is a mission driven company. The work we do at Plaid to democratize financial access creates a huge opportunity to improve financial outcomes for people all over the world. Working on a mission/impact driven team creates a strongly cohesive and motivated environment. Plaid puts a high value on company culture, principles, and values. The Plaid values are evident throughout the company and in interactions with everyone on the team. Benefits, perks, etc. are all incredible as well.

Cons

None! I would say that being excited about the Plaid mission and wanting to create impact with your work is an important element to success at Plaid.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Reviews

Plaid Reviews FAQs

93% of Plaid employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Plaid 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Plaid to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion .

Popular Careers with Plaid Job Seekers