74% would recommend to a friend
(127 total reviews)
86% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Plaid is working hard to maintain a great culture as it scales." (in 19 reviews)
- "Great people and great perks" (in 13 reviews)
- "Great career opportunities and awesome team." (in 7 reviews)
- "+ Highly engaged and accessible senior leadership." (in 6 reviews)
- "The company culture is amazing and the quality of talent you will interact with on a day to day basis is top tier." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Plaid and is not affected by filters.
Found 127 of over 132 reviews
Updated Nov 18, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Nov 18, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
- Genuinely kind and bright coworkers across the org (only some duds & they don’t stick around for long) - Very healthy WLB - Culture of praise and recognition
- Constant restructuring & layoffs - Incredibly bureaucratic and political for no reason (this causes key decisions to be bottlenecked & dragged out ad nauseum) - Sense of uncertainty
- 3.0Nov 10, 2023DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Friendly offices, good wlb. Having an impact is attainable. Company culture is generally healthy. Products are growing in the space. Solid UX research team. The company invests in design and has some amazing people in the brand/ product teams.
Little to zero career growth. No one in design got promoted in the 2 years I was there—many office politics. The design team here has seen its glory days. There used to be an org, but the brand team is now marketing-led and purely "design as a service." Company valuation severely declined from when I joined: no 401k match or bonus and many reorgs incoming, layoffs, or talk of layoffs are in the background most of the time.
- 4.0Nov 6, 2023Associate Account ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Great employees, good culture, great office environment, flexible on WFH,
No clear career progression path, expectations and metrics changed too often, constant retraining exercises
- 4.0Oct 25, 2023New Business AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
I love what the company is doing and the people are what make it so great. Everyone is so passionate and ambitious.
toxic culture on the new business team
- 3.0Sep 29, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Some amazing people in product, design, engineering. Challenging and meaningful work.
Uneven leadership. Uneven clarity in in vision and strategy.
- 4.0Jul 16, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
+ Kind and respectful employees + Team has strong business acumen for the finance space + Recent implementation of goals and programs to improve manager effectiveness
- Senior leadership is nearly all white men, with very similar backgrounds and philosophies. They've done very little to remedy the situation despite claiming it's a priority for them - Pay is not competitive given lack of immediate plans to go public - Morale is down7
- 3.0Jul 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
My coworkers at Plaid were hands down the best thing about the company. I got to work with smart, empathetic, funny, team players every single day.
The leadership team can be somewhat of a joke at times. The CEO can be very hard to work with and many folks have left the company because he adds unnecessary roadblocks to processes that make people's jobs 10x harder than they should be. He claims he trusts people to do their job but often doesn't show it with his actions.
Plaid Reviews FAQs
Plaid has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 132 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Plaid to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
74% of Plaid employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Plaid 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.