Planet Beach Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

Found 5 reviews

3.9
Stephen P. Smith
  1. "Forward thinking and generous"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Planet Beach full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff is extremely focused and capable. Always looking for ways to move the company forward without sacrificing anything to the customers, employees or franchisees.

Cons

I think the biggest challenge is getting people to understand that the company is not a tanning salon but a spa. Yes, they started out as UV tanning but that is a minor aspect now. The other challenge is out of their control and it deals with the constant changes to the laws and such surrounding the industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote your innovativeness and force all locations to re-brand to the new look and feel. It rocks and needs to be out for all the world to see. I also think that there is a huge wealth of knowledge out in the trenches that could be tapped more to get best practices, etc.

Planet Beach2014-03-24
  2. "Regional Developer North Texas"

Current Employee - Regional Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Planet Beach full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Meeting people that are interested in changing their lives by pursuing a dream.

Cons

Not being able to help everyone.

Planet Beach2017-05-10
  3. "Salon Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in West Chester, PA

I worked at Planet Beach

Pros

It was a good place to work for as there was a lot of support from the Company as far as training goes. There was always someone there to help if you had questions or needed help with something.

Cons

They are constantly coming out with new lotions and products so its a constant learning process such as anything is in life. Also the individual stores are privately owned so depending on the owner, some are not so nice and are very demanding as far as how they want things done. When one of your employees does not show up for work, if you can't find a replacement, its your responsibility to work,not the owners, even...

Planet Beach2015-09-03

"Dead End career"

Former Employee - Manager in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Planet Beach full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can be a fun enviroment (sometimes) , good product to sell

Cons

Horrible pay, there is no real room for advancement, no benefits, a pay structure based off of impossible goals... too much to even list!

Planet Beach2013-01-23
  5. "Horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in

I have been working at Planet Beach

Pros

- Free use of services - Good discount on product - Easy work - A calm atmosphere to work in - Commission is usually pretty good

Cons

- Cut my hours from full time to part time without 30 days notice - Treated very unfairly from other management, employees and the owner - Seems just like high school with backstabbing and gossiping of employees (especially of me) - Very competitive - Strict company to work for

Advice to Management

To manager and owner: - acknowledge when someone does a good job - don't cut hours (especially for a full time employee) without any notice - stop making it seem like i'm in high school all over again Overall, I don't recommend working at Planet Beach. As most employees get treated like garbage. And most of the time a "clique" forms. Not a fun place to work.

Planet Beach2012-03-28