KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 111 of over 114 reviews

4.0
Planet Home Lending President and CEO Michael Dubeck
Michael Dubeck
Pros
  • "Generous Pay, Fun & Friendly Work Environment, Great work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• "Work from home, great people who want to do things right, company gives back(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Micro management from upper management and rude sales staff(in 3 reviews)

• "health insurance is good but could be a little better(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

88 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Planet Home Lending and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great place to call home

Jul 2, 2021 - Operations Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel empowered to run my team, and have very supportive leadership. I feel comfortable discussing strategy and how we can make small improvements to better our team regardless of the issue at hand.

Cons

Like all mortgage companies, we move quickly and at time communication when running quickly suffers. It's small, and we can easily resolve this.

Marketing Director, Brand & Reputation

Thank you for being a part of our success and positive culture. We know great employees like you keep helping us get better and better! Keep up the great work!

2. 5.0

Collateral document Specialist for Planet Home Lending

Jan 9, 2022 - Collateral Document Specialist in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great workload Great work/life balance

Cons

Need better Training No break room in office

3. 4.0

Great People

Jan 6, 2022 - Capital Markets Analyst in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone was very friendly and a joy to work with during my time at Planet Home Lending.

Cons

Long hours occasionally made work/life balance difficult.

Marketing Director, Brand & Reputation

Thanks so much for that insight into how we can improve and for helping us be the best Planet we can be.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

its okay

Dec 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

More stable than where I came from, I always get my paycheck on time. Nice setup for remote work. Standard benefits

Cons

Unorganized, few estalished procedures or rules that I have seen, no clear goals or objectives. Communications between departments is poor. Expectations seem to be low.

Marketing Director, Brand & Reputation

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being here to make things better. Just know that Planet is working towards more automation and have and will continue to invest in technology as we continue to grow. Your comments have been sent to leadership so they continue to work on the communication and other points you brought up.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Okay short term, but keep your options open

Dec 20, 2021 - Loan Processor
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Decent health benefits *Commission Pay * Opportunities for growth

Cons

* Unorganized *Underpaid and overworked * Poor management * Poor onboarding processes *Nepotism

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

chaos

Dec 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company benefits are good

Cons

Internal organzation a mess! contract UW and funding

Marketing Director, Brand & Reputation

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We're sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory. We want all of our employees, current and former, to love their job and their company. To that end, we will take your feedback to leadership so they know what else could be improved. Best of luck to you.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee

awful

Dec 26, 2021 - Payoff Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

very relaxed work environment easy

Cons

no movement up do not care about employees leave people as temps for awhile

Marketing Director, Brand & Reputation

Thank you for your review. Your honesty and constructive feedback are important to us and will help us in our commitment to provide the best employee experience possible.

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 16, 2021 - Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative and open environment. Great people.

Cons

Takes a village to make a decision. However, this is because of the collaborative environment..

Marketing Director, Brand & Reputation

Thank you so much for this. We’re thrilled you’re here and helping make Planet the best it can be!

9. 4.0

Good place to work

Nov 12, 2021 - Lockdesk Specialist in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team and leaders, good pay with opportunity to work overtime.

Cons

Often very busy it was difficult to squeeze in a break to eat lunch

Marketing Director, Brand & Reputation

Thank you for sharing this. We appreciate your praise and your feedback as we continue to grow and improve. Best of luck to you!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Just ok

Oct 21, 2021 - MORTGAGE FUNDER in Mount Laurel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working remotely was a bonus.

Cons

Micro management from upper management and rude sales staff

Marketing Director, Brand & Reputation

Thank you so much for taking the time to not only share what we’re doing right but where we can improve. We’ll pass along that feedback to leadership. We’re so glad you’re here to share it!!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 111 Reviews

Planet Home Lending Reviews FAQs

Planet Home Lending has an overall rating of 4 out of 5, based on over 114 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Planet Home Lending to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Planet Home Lending employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Planet Home Lending. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

71% of Planet Home Lending employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Planet Home Lending 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Planet Home Lending to be senior leadership, benefits, management and the cons to be career development .

Popular Careers with Planet Home Lending Job Seekers