Found 1,776 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Planned Parenthood
2 years ago
American Heart Association
Hello everyone! My sister is in the job hunt and would LOVE to speak to anyone at the places below! Any info would be so nice (: thanks fish! United Nations Foundation, Jhpiego, PATH, World Resources Institute, Aspen Institute, Planned Parenthood, Urban Institute
Got a burning question about Planned Parenthood? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Planned Parenthood employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good benefits and great mission" (in 110 reviews)
- "great people and an incredible mission" (in 104 reviews)
- "Working with great staff and coworkers." (in 70 reviews)
- "Great staff and great vision" (in 53 reviews)
- "Great mission to work towards and everyone you work with has similar values" (in 41 reviews)
- "Poor management and consumed with the white agenda" (in 126 reviews)
- "Low pay and rotating Saturday work hours" (in 125 reviews)
- "Senior leadership can be out of touch with staff needs" (in 45 reviews)
- "low pay for workload burn out ZERO support from management lack of validation and appreciation low, inconsistent raises no staff input terrible attendance policy all or nothing thinking, HR sucks, all of upper management and HR and direct supervisors are doormats and willing to cut off their nose to spite their face i.e make decisions that will actively effect workers but they do not care" (in 40 reviews)
- "Long hours and lots of weekends" (in 30 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Planned Parenthood and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJul 29, 2023Complex Care & Clinical Compliance Program ManagerCurrent Employee
Benefits, pay, time off, staff, educational growth, skills, EBP, communication with management.
Staffing. Still recovering from COVID staffing shortages1Planned Parenthood Response5mo
Thank you for your feedback.
- 5.0Nov 26, 2023Health ScreenerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearRiverside, CA
You get to work with amazing people, everyone is very friendly & helpful.
Shift was only a part time.1
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023Registered NurseFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPoughkeepsie, NY
Considering the size of PPH there was a serious lack of training, organization, communication and leadership. In the Mid Hudson area, two locations ran for months without a supervisor. For the first month there was no access to computers, EMR training, protocols or guidelines, and no access to buildings where you're scheduled to work. There was a constant power struggle between clinical admin and operational admin as far as clinical staff scheduling, delegation, ordering and storing of medication and other medical supplies, specifically in the Newburgh location. Furthermore, the lack of respect for licensed professionals from management is inconceivable. Unfortunately, the mission and the pay is not enough to stay especially with the demands being made. Days often start and end late due to staff and providers arriving late. Managers use "team work" as a tactic for you to do other people's work.
Early mornings and Late nights during clinic hours No teamwork Unorganized Management
- 4.0Oct 16, 2023Public AffairsFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Luis Obispo, CA
Access to local and national professionals in reproductive health and opportunities to learn from them. Networking, information, professional development and trainings. Great health/dental benefits and support for personal matters, and IT support.
The local organization as a whole is a bit disconnected. HR is not very fair or upfront about details about job term. My position was no longer funded after less than 8 months of employment. That was really hard for me as a parent with young children. Shortly afterward, a colleague with many years of experience was overlooked for a position she applied for, and a new hire was selected despite her extensive experience in the field. Allot is expected from employees such as time away at events, conferences, etc and though the way employees are treated is great, the way that HR manages who and how they hire is definitely suspicious.1
- 4.0Dec 4, 2023Customer Support SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
- Engaging with a diverse customer base offered rich and rewarding experiences. - The team's collaborative spirit created a supportive and enjoyable work environment. - Flexible working conditions, including remote options, greatly enhanced job satisfaction.
-Career progression paths were clear and well-supported. -Management was approachable and consistently provided constructive feedback.
- 5.0Nov 9, 2023Senior Creative ProducerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Always a safe environment to express issues or needs. My boss encourages taking time off as needed and discourages "checking in" during those days off. Colleagues are creative, collaborative and always helpful. Folks move with charitable assumptions and discuss any challenges directly with you to resolve in a professional and kind way. Family leave is outstanding 16 weeks paid.
We are a small team that shoulders a lot of work which is challenging. Fortunately we have a good group of supervisors/directors who make sure we are working within our bandwidth.
- 4.0Dec 5, 2023Medical AssistantFormer EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
Great team and lots of medical experience
Management was not great and only seemed to care about the profit and the employees
- 1.0Oct 4, 2023RecruiterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
Met great people. Benefits was some of the best I’ve had
HR is not a partner here HR runs the show here. If you’re a VP from a Department or manager sorry HR runs the show. They will say it nicely though using “ I recommend”. Very very toxic work environment. High turnover not just in the HR department but throughout the organization. You want to stay away from the Los Angeles affiliate by any means. Human Resources Leaders will make promises and appear prefect but will treat you like an trash if you don’t suck up to them. They promote only those they like and if they don’t like you they will just tell you that you aren’t ready for a promotion . They create their own jobs to give themselves promotions and a salary increase every year. But that’s just for management and those they like. They have discriminatory hiring practices under the disguise of “Diversity”. If they have had enough of you they will make sure they make it so miserable that you quit. If you’re going to work here document everything so when it’s time to sue you’re prepared. You’ll be a great fit here if you love sucking up to people and are okay with seeing /doing reverse discrimination and unethical hiring practices. If you are a person that likes others to step all over you, you will fit in. You are also unsafe in the office and walking to your car.1
- 5.0Nov 20, 2023Graphic DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearColumbus, OH
Great work-life balance Working for a greater purpose that aligns with my own values Kind and compassionate team members
can't think of any, it really is a great place to work and be a part of an organization like this
- 3.0Dec 6, 2023Medical Assistant/ReceptionistFormer Employee
Patient care/access Patient satisfaction Medical team was amazing Flexibility
Leadership was toxic Hours were constantly changing Turn over Pay
Planned Parenthood Reviews FAQs
Planned Parenthood has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 1,953 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Planned Parenthood to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.
52% of Planned Parenthood employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Planned Parenthood 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.