Planned Parenthood "health care" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews about "health care"

Updated Jul 19, 2019

3.5
Planned Parenthood President Leana Wen
Leana Wen
Pros
  • "Fun staff, love helping patients learn about the reproductive health care(in 33 reviews)

• "great people, great mission, interesting work(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay for most employees while top of the company makes a lot of money, especially for a non-profit(in 47 reviews)

• "Non-profit so the salaries aren't the highest(in 29 reviews)

Reviews about "health care"

Return to all Reviews

"Senior Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Extraordinary opportunity to work for an important mission - right to reproductive health care with other people who care as passionately for the mission.

Cons

Unable to pay staff what they deserve

Planned Parenthood2018-02-01
  2. "would not recommend"

Current Employee - Do Not Wish to Share

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time

Pros

The mission and health care impact are meaningful and needed. Good amount of time off and benefits.

Cons

Extremely toxic work environment, very high staff turn over, low pay, ample labor law violations, and discrimination of protected classes and cover ups. Low work place morale.

Planned Parenthood2019-07-19

"Strong brand, weak culture"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It’s great to know that I’ve contributed to keeping health care access available. The mission of the organization is something that I think everyone agrees is important.

Cons

Poor work life balance and lack of recognition for employees that deliver big work. Management and division leaders are disconnected to staff and don’t listen or make decisions inclusively. They claim to value diversity but not all people get treated the same.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your senior leaders and make room for the people who actually do the work.

Planned Parenthood2019-05-28

"Women definitely NOT supporting women"

I worked at Planned Parenthood

Pros

Abortion access. Women’s health care centered.

Cons

Toxic work environment. TOXIC. Women supporting women? Hardly. The women working in our clinic are miserable, petty, gossiping, back stabbing, two faced little children. Everyone reports everyone for everything and is constantly trying to get someone else fired. Training is a disorganized dumpster fire. I’m watching new employees struggle way too hard because nobody cares about them. We’re severely understaffed.... Why? Because new employees don’t stay! If you manage to actually get trained? You are LUCKY. Not paying clinic workers a living wage. Scheduling is all over the place. The right hand never knows what the left hand is doing. Can’t remember the last time I legitimately got my 30 minute lunch break. I have learned I have to turn the other cheek when I’m hearing employees make fun of patients. MAKE FUN OF PATIENTS. Because if I say anything, and I have, then I get ganged up on. I become the bad guy. And backlash starts. I have never been so unhappy at job in all my life... and it’s not worth it for $13 an hour.

Advice to Management

CLEAN HOUSE. Pay employees better. Hire TRAINERS to train your new employees. Stop dumping half assed training on current employees who are too lazy to train.

Planned Parenthood2019-06-28

"Over extend employees"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Seaside, CA

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time for less than a year

Pros

Belief in equal health care for sll

Cons

Emotional and physical abuse of employees

Advice to Management

Re evaluate non profit status , mission, and commitment to employees.

Planned Parenthood2019-06-11

"Good place to learn"

Current Employee - ARNP

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family oriented. Fun staff, love helping patients learn about the reproductive health care.

Cons

Lots of patients, little time for breaks, no extra incentive to see more patients.

Planned Parenthood2019-02-16
  7. "Helps the uninsured"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Burbank, CA

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Planned Parenthood helps the uninsured get access to reproductive health care. Clients get services for family planning, female gynecological and male exams, STD testing, pregnancy testing on a sliding fee scale on which majority of patients don't pay for their services. What I like about planned parenthood is that their providers give each patient the best care possible and answer all question they have and when... they leave all their questions have been answered and treat all their complains with compassionate care.

Cons

can get very busy at times and patients get frustrated at times also no appointments available for walk in exams

Advice to Management

leave some slots available for patients that want to get an exam but requires an appointment because some people cannot take the day off and going as walk ins may be their only way to see a doctor.

Planned Parenthood2018-10-20

"Planned Parenthood Mar Monte Inc."

Former Employee - Management in San Jose, CA

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pro Choice Organization health care provider.

Cons

Planned Parenthood Mar Monte Inc. will give you ambiguous goals with zero support, the workload is tremendous, refuse to hire to appropriate staffing levels, they have one set of rules for executives and another set of rules for everyone else, going through an ugly reorganization, and the executives only care about themselves. This is just another corporation masquerading as if it cares about its employees when... everyone is scared for their job security pending the consultant's reports. They have wasted over $100k on consultants at the expense of good employees, very irresponsible. If you are a finance professional, unless you are desperate, pass this corporation by because if you don't, you will likely regret it.

Advice to Management

I have advice, but they would not listen.

Planned Parenthood2018-06-13

"great mission!"

Current Employee - Leader- Not Specified in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time for more than a year

Pros

great mission, dedicated health center staff, excellent quality of care, committed to equity in health care.

Cons

mediocre leadership and administrative staff. Structural problems that are baked into the organization that will take time to change. Also a culture of institutionalized racism.

Advice to Management

The leadership should reflect the patient demographics. The leadership should make efforts to surround them selves with excellence and diversity.

Planned Parenthood2017-10-20

"Indiana/Kentucky affiliate has poor workplace culture and management despite strong mission"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mission. Helping women get health care.

Cons

Gossip culture rather than one of 360 feedback. Entrenched management without willingness to listen.

Planned Parenthood2017-11-02