Planswell Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Eric Arnold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Culture"

I worked at Planswell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Transparent culture with weekly townhall meetings to provide visibility across the business
    - Flexible working schedules
    - Collaborative environment with subject matter experts from wide range of fields

Cons

- Some of the challenges that come with an early stage startup

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees, they make Planswell a great place to work!

"AMAZING Place to work"

Current Employee - Plan Pro in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Plan Pro in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Planswell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking to work in Fintech, this is definatley the place to be. A rare company that treats you like a human and values employees input into the company. Management is very reasonably and open minded to new ideas. Free lunches and FLEX hours are also major pluses.

Cons

It is very difficult to find cons for the company. I truly enjoy coming to work everyday, I've never been in a situation like this before.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. From the founders, to the management team, to the lowest employee on the totem pole, everyone at Planswell seems to really care about the company. This is because Management is doing a great job.

Planswell Response

Nov 13, 2018 – People Operations

Thank you so much for your feedback - it has been shared with the leadership team at Planswell. It's so great to hear that you truly enjoy coming to work every day. Thank you for all that you do, the... More

"Amazing company and work culture!"

I have been working at Planswell full-time

Pros

There are probably too many pros to list here (if that's even possible), but it's a really good feeling when you wake up everyday and look forward to getting to the office and getting the day going.

The culture here is unbelievable and something that I've never experienced before - everyone is there to help one another for the better of the company and to actually help all of our clients feel better about their lives.

Perfect blend of autonomy and guidance which is exactly what I was looking for.

Cons

Can't find any con about working here!

Planswell Response

Oct 15, 2018 – PR Manager

Thank you so much for this feedback! It definitely feels good to look forward to work every morning - some would even use this to measure their career success. The leadership team thanks you for your... More

"Great Culture. Great Mission. Great Company!"

Current Employee - Plan Pro in Midtown Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Plan Pro in Midtown Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Planswell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been a part of the client success team for the past 8 months. I can honestly say that I look forward to coming to work each and every day. The people are amazing and it feels like one big family. I get to help people reach their goals and I know that what I am telling them is in their best interest 100% of the time. Planswell cares about the staff as much as they care about their clients.

Cons

I can't really think of anything. I have fallen into the trap of working too much but that's on me.

"Can you hear the gallop of this unicorn's hooves? Well then, saddle up partner!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Vice President in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Planswell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid business model. Rapidly growing. A financial company that actually helps its customers. Lots of talented and nice people. Good working atmosphere. Room to grow your career.

Cons

No significant cons, really. You might be able to make a bit more money in a big corporation, but the longer term potential here may be much, much higher!

Advice to Management

Keep up the respectful treatment of employees. Good work!

"Marketing"

I have been working at Planswell full-time

Pros

Awesome company. Nothing to complain about

Cons

None that I can think of

"This company is definitely going to be the next Google to work for!"

I have been working at Planswell full-time

Pros

-The energy is great - everyone is excited to be here everyday and we all seem to get along (no drama)
    -Since the company is genuine about helping people, they tend to look for people that are genuine as well
    -The CEO is really big on culture - he really believes in empowering/enabling his team to bring value

Cons

-People are always wearing multiple hats, so it’s hard to determine who does what around here; since people wear multiple hats, it's hard to know who to go to - for example, if I was struggling to connect with my manager about an issue, how do I deal with this?
    -I’ve gained 15lbs in the first month of working here because of the office snacks/catered lunches

Advice to Management

I love the townhalls - I really appreciate the transparency that we have (no matter if it’s good news or bad news)

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Planswell full-time

Pros

- clear and concise mission and vision
    - opportunity to grow and advance within the company
    - lots of great people who are not only co-workers, but also friends

Cons

- loud work environment
    - nothing else really

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

"Great Environment"

I have been working at Planswell full-time

Pros

Love my job. So many supportive folks here at planswell that go the extra mile to make sure you feel that you are part of the culture. Everyone here is willing to do what it takes to get the job done, I've often caught our CEO cleaning our dishes after lunch!!

Cons

None really, I guess if you are not a big fan of working for something that matters, this will not be for you.

10. "A great place to grow with creative, smart and passionate people!"

I have been working at Planswell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- leadership team is consistently transparent, accountable and goal oriented
    - the short-term and long-term goals of the company are always presented clearly to the company
    - bi-weekly town halls where the CEO engages in an AMA (ask me anything)
    - fantastic team filled with extremely passionate people that are all on the same mission and excited to be at work everyday
    - catered lunches twice a week
    - great benefits package

Cons

- Planswell is a high-growth start-up so things are constantly changing and evolving quickly which can be a challenge, however this could be a benefit and motivating for a proactive person!

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on maintaining transparency to continue the strong trust between employees and leadership!