KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Plante Moran

Engaged Employer

Plante Moran

Add a Review

Plante Moran Employee Reviews about "busy season"

Updated Jan 17, 2021

Found 40 of over 451 reviews

4.1
Plante Moran Managing Partner Jim Proppe
Jim Proppe
Pros
  • "culture was amazing and work life balance(in 42 reviews)

• "Great Culture and Great Leadership(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "When I first started the required hours for busy season were around 55 hours a week(in 36 reviews)

• "Public accounting can mean working long hours(in 31 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Plante Moran

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Plante Moran and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "busy season"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 17, 2021 - Tax Staff in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very caring and want everyone to do well

Cons

Long Busy Season Hours but that is expected

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Career Start

Nov 2, 2020 - Tax Senior Associate in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is as advertised, I enjoy working with my coworkers and everyone is willing to teach you. There’s a lot of responsibility and exposure to a lot of different businesses and tax concepts. It’s the perfect blend of being big enough to get valuable experience and small enough that it feels like family. Public accounting has a big diversity problem and Plante is committed to taking actionable steps to improve.

Cons

The pay is bad. 2 years of experience, a promotion, and cpa licensure gets you 4% more than a fresh college graduate and in general it’s lower than other firms. Busy season can be long and stressful but Plante does as much as they can to make it better through Saturday contests, meals throughout the week, and people checking in to make sure it’s not too much for you.

1 person found this review helpful

Experienced Hire Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback. As you mentioned, the nature of public accounting can be demanding and stressful during times like busy-season, however if at any time the workload becomes too much, we encourage our staff members to speak with their supervisor, team partner, or HR to identify resources to help them with their responsibilities.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Tax Associate

Dec 22, 2020 - Tax Associate in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and work life balance

Cons

Busy season is a struggle, but that's part of the deal.

4. 5.0

Review

Nov 11, 2020 - Assurance Staff in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity, great technology

Cons

Busy season can be taxing

Experienced Hire Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

5. 4.0

Not bad for Public Accounting

Jan 11, 2021 - Audit Staff in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

young people, modern benefits, FTO

Cons

Busy season hours, lower pay

Experienced Hire Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback. We understand the nature of public accounting can be demanding during times like busy-season. As a firm, Plante Moran strives to promote a healthy work-life balance through a variety of programs. While longer hours may be expected during busy season, we encourage staff to practice our policies to find the right work-life mix.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A workplace that treats you like a person

May 15, 2019 - Audit Senior in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plante Moran has been one of the Top 100 companies to work for for 21 years, and the company strives to live up to that title. Everyone, from the partners to the staff, strives to make Plante the best team environment it can be. When you start, you are assigned a a buddy with slightly more experience as well as a team partner to help with any questions or issues that you may encounter. They also takes an interest in your goals and how you want to grow within the firm so that both you and the firm benefit. I also gained a lot of varied experience at Plante Moran. Due to being middle market, staff are able to work a wider variety of clients throughout the year as well as getting exposure to a lot of different sections of the audit. By the end of my first year, I had touched almost every section of the audit including helping prepare financial statements.

Cons

All the cons associated with Plante are the ones that you would see from other public accounting firms, though perhaps not as severe. Busy season is stressful, and there is a lot of learning on the job, which can be frustrating at times no matter how much others are helping you. However, all the support mentioned above very much helps lessen these issues.

10 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, tough hours

Mar 15, 2019 - Staff Accountant in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with in the DTC office are wonderful. The company has great benefits ($0 premiums for the high deductible insurance plan, and unlimited time off!)

Cons

You have unlimited time off, but you must hit your required charge hours which equates to ~3 weeks of vacation. When I first started the required hours for busy season were around 55 hours a week. Three years in and now the hours have bumped up to 65 hours a week.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Amazing Culture at one of the biggest firms in the Country

Feb 26, 2019 - Audit Intern in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Dress code is typically casual or client based - Staff are extremely knowledgeable; an internship has been a very rewarding experience - The work is not as stressful as the Big Four workload but enough to keep it interesting and challenging throughout the year

Cons

- busy season means long hours and extensive travel (I like both but most would consider this a con) - Most locations are around the great lakes (and 4 in Colorado); the weather can get pretty cold which is a big con for me

Continue reading
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

audit staff

Feb 9, 2020 - Audit Staff in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible working schedule. relatively less busy for busy season.

Cons

not many opportunities for advancement.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Excellent company

Jun 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance and compensation

Cons

Hours during the busy season

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews