Platinum Supplemental Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Platinum Supplemental Insurance Chief Executive Officer James Lange
James Lange

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Knocking on doors: often you're out in the country (in 6 reviews)

• THIS IS A DOOR TO DOOR COLD CALL SALES JOB (in 4 reviews)

"Pay and training is legit"

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time

Pros

I came to Platinum looking for an opportunity to increase my income and make a difference for my family. I was skeptical for sure, but after 3 weeks, I found that the money opportunity was real, the product and service we sell is real and the leadership was honest and trustworthy. The training and support is excellent. For those that simply follow the Platinum Process and stick to the verbiage, they will find the success. Beyond the financial rewards, helping families when they face illness is incredibly rewarding.

Cons

Traveling 4 days a week and getting used to the daily schedule is certainly an adjustment. It took a little while for me, my wife and my kids to get used to the travel, but the financial rewards far outweigh the sacrifice. Working full commission for the first time in my life was definitely and adjustment, but the Platinum process is simply fail proof --- when you do follow it!!

Advice to Management

Find ways to advertise more to make more people aware of this opportunity. It's changed the course of my life, more people should find out about Platinum.

"Great opportunity for individuals who are highly driven"

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time

Pros

The income has been awesome. Lots of leader support for those who show a strong work ethic and listen. The product is phenomenal and I have seen it really provide huge of financial assistance to a lot of households. The travel opportunities my wife and I have had have been unbelievable.

Cons

Traveling away from family can be a challenge, the income allows me to spoil my family on the 3 day weekends though.

"Sales Rep"

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, great pay, opportunities that are unlimited

Cons

Some travel but honestly it allows me to see areas I've never seen before

Advice to Management

Keep giving individuals the opportunity of their lifetime for a career

"Sales rep awesome opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Sales in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great income the harder you work the more you make. Most jobs just pay a set salary this job always pays for your performance. 4 day work week.

Cons

Long days but the income is well worth it.

Advice to Management

Training is very good. Focusing on a couple of products. Pay structure is great and awesome bonuses each week and trips.

"Huge opportunity"

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping families protect there finances, while being able to provide an amazing income for your family. Truly have an amazing career here that I couldn't provide the life I have without this place.

Cons

Long hours and travel. We have to travel Monday thru Thursday , but luckily that means three day weekends, I find that a decent trade off.

"Supplemental Insurance Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for commissions and advancement.
    Company Trips.
    Great Bonuses on a Daily, Weekly and Special occasion.

Cons

Traveling 4 to 5 days a week.
    No salary, all commissioned based for pay.
    Cold door knocking and hardcore door to door selling.

Advice to Management

Initial training is the key to success.

7. "Response to class action"

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time

Pros

They can say that I am a drisgruntled employee but I am! I am disgruntled because of what had been uncovered! Agents have been taken advantage of
    As far as working as a competitor, wrong again I am not even in insurance anymore! This put such a bad taste in my mouth I left the business

Cons

Maybe some are happy now but over 45 are not. When others find out there will be 100s that will not be happy

Advice to Management

Stop the lies!!!

"A great opportunity to broaden your horizons"

Pros

You can help others and also help yourself

Cons

Sometimes it is hard being away from my daughter

Advice to Management

Make sure applicants know how important following the system is to success

Sep 12, 2017 – Strategic Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience and appreciate your feedback. You highlighted one of the key reasons people find the Platinum... More

"Not What i expected"

Former Employee - Producer in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Producer in Wichita, KS

Pros

they are helpful with getting you ready to go into the field

Cons

Then when you cant come up with the money needed to cover your first two weeks they get upset with you

Advice to Management

work a little bit better with people that cant cover those expenses. maybe with all the hard work they put in getting their license will be a little helpful

Aug 22, 2017 – Strategic Communications Specialist

Thank you for providing your feedback of your experience. We’re happy to hear that you had a positive experience as you prepared to go to the field. We make an effort to provide as much information... More

"Great for a Few People"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Representative

I worked at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The money is real. You can make over $1000 a week between 2-3 sales.
    -Good product. The policy is competitively priced and it sells.
    -If you're a Type A personality, this is the job for you.
    -The sales process works. Don't question it.
    -4 day work week
    -Daily and weekly (usually cash) bonuses in addition to paycheck
    -Plenty of people have used the policy in the past and always have good things to say about how much it helped them go through cancer heart attack or stroke.

Cons

-100% Commission. If you don't sell, you get nothing.
    -You'll easily drive at least 1,000 miles a week.
    -Charge backs: If people cancel on you, you get a deduction of up to half your next check.
    -100% own expenses: car, gas, hotel, food, car repairs. Really hurts if you don't sell.
    -You have to file as an independent contractor. So that $2800 you made isn't taxed yet. Tax time hurts too.
    -Hotels: sometimes you're in tiny towns with raggedy hotels. Don't drink the water.
    -Knocking on doors: often you're out in the country. THIS IS A DOOR TO DOOR COLD CALL SALES JOB. All too often people would tell me "we moved out here to get away from people like you" or "how did you find us?!" From my experiences, people generally do not take kindly to strangers knocking in their neighborhoods.
    -Guns and guard dogs
    -The Process: if you don't have the gift of gab and a folksy "good ol boy" personality, following the sales script without sounding like a scripted salesman (which country people hate) is going to work against you.
    -The recruiters: paint a great picture with lots of income and win your trust with through the interviews. I didn't know it was a door to door sales job until I was 4.5 hours from home on my first day.
    -You're in your car all day alone bound to a 6x6 mile territory. Day starts at 7 and ends at 10:30.
    -Management: My experience was very unprofessional unless superiors are visiting the team. My team leader once told me "I don't care, leave the [expletive] company" when I tried to raise a concern, and yelled at me in front of the team on several occasions.
    -If you don't blend in, you will get blended out.
    -Deer: will hit your car at some point. It's guaranteed.
    -Licensing is the only minimum requirement for this job. Plenty of people I saw come and go hadn't gone to college or didn't finish high school or might have been to prison or were elderly or just flat out didn't have any sales experience and got swayed into a job that puts everything you have on the line.

There are very few people who will succeed at this job. It's one of those jobs that's always hiring and will take anyone just because the company is looking for people who will stick. Sticking is the only way it's worth it.

I had a positive experience in leaving the company. I wish I had known more about the job before I started. Things like this would have saved me a ton of money and about 45,000 miles on my car.

Advice to Management

Select team leaders that demonstrate the respectfulness and professionalism of upper management rather than just rewarding sales prowess.

Jun 19, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thank you for your detailed review of your experience. In addition to providing the best products for our customers, the other fundamental piece of our company mission is to offer a career... More