Platinum Supplemental Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Platinum Supplemental Insurance Chief Executive Officer James Lange
James Lange

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "4 day work week and not having to work any holidays" (in 6 reviews)

• "I work with a great team of individuals who are smart, hardworking and willing to do what it takes to make the company successful" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Knocking on doors: often you're out in the country" (in 6 reviews)

• "Away from home 4 to 5 nights a week" (in 4 reviews)

"Platinum is an outstanding company to work for..."

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Platinum cares about their employees and their customer's. Wellness is incorporated into the company's culture and the work environment is fun and friendly.

Cons

There are no cons to note.

Mar 8, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Platinum!

"Independent Sales Contractor"

I worked at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time

Pros

Team Leadership.
    High Commission Opportunity
    Top of the line Plan

Cons

Traveling is not as advertised
    Using the concept of an independent contractor to get out of paying for expenses
    Make you sign a contract as soon as they send it to you via email and do not advise you to get legal representation. Instead they let you look at it and sign it so if you ever leave they have a right to not pay you.
    Was not aware of racial profiling.

Advice to Management

I am a Hispanic Male with cultural tattoos on my arm. And I was not aware before joining Platinum that I would be profiled by the customers. And to be successful I had to cover up my tattoos and act “white”. I was also unaware that Platinum reserves the right to no pay their former employees the commission they’ve earned. Not even team leaders who were kind in the state of MO. Knew what would happen and said they would have kept me on until I got paid if they knew that platinum would refuse to compensate me for my efforts. I left platinum in the negative despite selling an almost $9k application the week before converting an old policy. My advise is for you not to lie to your future employees and to not screw them over if they decide to leave. Keeping those positive views from former employees is how you continue to grow. I wanted to buy a plan even after I left but now was left with a bad taste in my mouth. I wanted to come to work for Platinum again In the future when I felt more ready and I had the support of my former team. But it was the corporate office that turned me away for the idea. Making people sign a 52 page electronic contract is not a very ethical way to do business especially when that means if people put their faith in the company and in the product and it doesn’t work put you just abandon those who put their money on the line based on the promises you made. And they leave worse off then they came. Is that the company you wish to be? Or work for ? Or do business with? Not for me not anymore.

3. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time

Pros

Some of the people working there are very nice and positive.
    The product the company offers is valuable.

Cons

Dangerous working conditions (driving on desolate dirt roads in the country at night).
    Micro-management even though it's commission only.
    Untrue promises concerning income expectations in the hiring process.
    Upper management allows harassment and discrimination by big producers.

Advice to Management

Don't just "sweep it under the rug" when told about discrimination and harassment by your sales leaders just because they are producing high numbers. It could come back to bite you later and cost more in the long run. The "offended" might not always go away quietly.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great income opportunity
    Great team environment

Cons

Away from home 4 to 5 nights a week.

Advice to Management

Hard to changeva business model that works as well as this one.

Jun 6, 2018 – Strategic Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience and appreciate your review. You highlighted some of the key reasons people find the Platinum sales... More

5. "Okay job"

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time

Pros

Fast paced high bonus structure.

Cons

Bonuses impossible to hit. Favoritism. Micro management.

Jun 21, 2018 – Strategic Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. As you pointed out, the bonus structure is an advantage of the Platinum sales career and motivates representatives to quickly grow in their careers... More

6. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Graduate Student in Ames, IA
    Former Employee - Graduate Student in Ames, IA

I worked at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice team and friendly manager
    chance of challenging myself

Cons

A little bit unsafe work environment

May 9, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience in our sales career. We appreciate your feedback. As our sales reps meet directly with customers, who are typically farmers and rural business owners, it’s rare... More

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Department in Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Marketing Department in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours>> Gym in the office, with Personal Trainer on hand>> Casual Dress>> FUN Environment

Cons

There are no negatives to working at Platinum.

Mar 8, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

"Opportunity of my lifetime"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The career I've had with Platinum has allowed my wife and I to dream bigger than we ever thought. We set goals and achieve them now that were once completely out of reach. I've always wanted to find an opportunity that provided me and my family financial freedom and with Platinum we found it. If you are looking for a company that provides outstanding training with ongoing support with a high six-figure income opportunity you have found it. If you like big commissions, bonuses, incentive trips and opportunity for results driven advancement then Platinum is the company.

Cons

A challenge many agents face is the idea of switching from a "secure" job where they are paid a fixed wage or salary to commmission only sales. You'll never be paid what you're worth working for a wage or salary. Commission will always pay more. Just remember, the more prepared you are and the harder you work the more you'll make.

Mar 8, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking them to provide detailed feedback. We appreciate your review, and we're even happier this opportunity has helped you reach your goals.

"Pay and training is legit"

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time

Pros

I came to Platinum looking for an opportunity to increase my income and make a difference for my family. I was skeptical for sure, but after 3 weeks, I found that the money opportunity was real, the product and service we sell is real and the leadership was honest and trustworthy. The training and support is excellent. For those that simply follow the Platinum Process and stick to the verbiage, they will find the success. Beyond the financial rewards, helping families when they face illness is incredibly rewarding.

Cons

Traveling 4 days a week and getting used to the daily schedule is certainly an adjustment. It took a little while for me, my wife and my kids to get used to the travel, but the financial rewards far outweigh the sacrifice. Working full commission for the first time in my life was definitely and adjustment, but the Platinum process is simply fail proof --- when you do follow it!!

Advice to Management

Find ways to advertise more to make more people aware of this opportunity. It's changed the course of my life, more people should find out about Platinum.

"Great opportunity for individuals who are highly driven"

I have been working at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time

Pros

The income has been awesome. Lots of leader support for those who show a strong work ethic and listen. The product is phenomenal and I have seen it really provide huge of financial assistance to a lot of households. The travel opportunities my wife and I have had have been unbelievable.

Cons

Traveling away from family can be a challenge, the income allows me to spoil my family on the 3 day weekends though.