Platinum Supplemental Insurance Reviews

Updated May 14, 2021

4.0
Platinum Supplemental Insurance Chief Executive Officer James Lange
James Lange
Pros
  • "4 day work week and not having to work any holidays(in 6 reviews)

• "Great product, no doubt about it(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Hotels: sometimes you're in tiny towns with raggedy(in 9 reviews)

• "Started knocking on doors before the sun was up, usually worked aroind usually worked about 14 to 15 hours per day for 4 days a week(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Really good

Apr 19, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

really like to eat ice cream on tuesday

Cons

bad place to work now

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 3.0

Sales Agent Review

May 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Decided how busy you were -Very independent work

Cons

-Door to door sales can be tricky and dangerous -Spend majority of week away from home in bad hotels -Have to pay for expenses yourself -1099 taxes

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Opportunity

Mar 8, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great income for motivated and personable individuals. Tremendous products and sales system. Team environment offers great support.

Cons

Rejection can be tough, but that’s sales and you get used to it. The travel was a sacrifice, but for my family the financial rewards were well worth it.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Platinum

Mar 7, 2021 - Health Insurance Salesman in Shawnee, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good money good people fun environment

Cons

Work out of town away from the family a lot

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for!

Nov 19, 2020 - Team Leader in Dubuque, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wayne Briggs, owner of the company, is a wonderful human being who cares for every one of his employees. Incredible earning potential in a company that will test everything in you and believe in you when you don’t believe in yourself. This company changed me for the better!

Cons

It’s not an easy job but if you can do it the rewards are great.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great for the go-getter type of person looking for uncapped commission

Apr 13, 2020 - Outside Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

You work 4-days a week and can honestly decide how hard you want to work and be rewarded for it. Vacations have never been easier to take off for and the company provides the support necessary to succeed.

Cons

Away from home Mon-Thur, sometimes Sun-Thurs. You cover all expenses out of pocket. A couple weeks I've had to drive over 6 hours to get to territory, I live in Colorado. Not a fan of that.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great income

Aug 27, 2020 - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Money, personal growth & bonuses

Cons

Traveling all year is hard.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company Inside & Out

Feb 21, 2019 - Marketing in Dubuque, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours Gym and trainer Dress code and casual Friday's The people/culture/atmosphere Being appreciated by the company as a whole Work life balance

Cons

People who read these reviews and compare the sales field to the home office. Totally different work environments. It is unfair to compare them to each other.

11 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

You’re right—the opportunities available in our home office and on our sales team are different, each with their own advantages. Thank you for sharing your experience in our home office.

9. 2.0

COLD, COLD CALLING former sales agent

Jan 30, 2019 - Salesman in Casper, WY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have spent 30 yrs in insurance sales, one the best policy I have ever seen. Fair compensation. A great way to break into insurance sales. If you can make it here you need to get with a company with leads.

Cons

They literally knock on random doors. Of course a good salesman can turn one sale into referrals. They literally have to get written to get permission from county/city due to knocking, knocking and more cold door knocking.

7 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your experienced perspective on our product and sales process. Our expansion in to states such as Wyoming, Idaho and Utah is still fairly new, and the hard work of those teams to reach new customers is recognized. As we build a stronger foothold in those states, like our Midwest states, visits with referral leads and current customers will become more common. As a company, we value compliance with state and county regulations, so, for that reason, we do request permits in the areas in which we work. Thanks again for sharing your experience. We wish you the best in your current role.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

If you get anxiety from talking to strangers then this is not the job for you.

Mar 5, 2019 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

High income potential...if you can get past all the unpleasantness of the cons below My team leaders were really caring and understanding of me and my needs Great product, no doubt about it

Cons

The cold calling - driving around all day, knocking on random strangers doors and using the spiel to hopefully convince them to hear you out later in an "appointment." The word appointment is in quotations because you generally don't set certain times to meet people, but instead the customer will just say whatever to a time window, like 6-8 or 8-10 where you can stop back by and hope they are are actually there and still willing to hear you out. About 95% of the time you are turned down on your first visit to the door. And if you do get an agreed upon time window to stop back by at least 50% of those will fall through for one reason or another. Most people just are not very happy to have random people show up to their door trying to sell things, even with a carefully crafted spiel. Its an independent contractor job where you pay all your own expenses(even when you first start) and are paid through commission. You have only one week with your trainer and are completely on your own the second week regardless of whether you feel you're ready.

13 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We appreciate hearing about your perspective. There’s no doubt, this career is for those who can take on a challenge for great reward. That’s one reason the commission and bonus opportunities are so significant. Representatives who find success here are highly motivated by the customers they are able to help and the financial and life goals this career helps them realize. Nearly 75 percent of our representatives earned six-figure incomes in 2018. We want to offer as much support as we can to help our representatives succeed as soon as possible, which includes pre-field training, self-study and first-week training. The sales process is pretty straightforward, and the best way to be truly ready, is to give it a try on your own and continue learning from those experiences. Something that sets Platinum apart is the fact that your team and team leaders are with you and available to lend a hand when you need it. Thanks, again, and all the best in your next position.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 91 Reviews