KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Platinum Supplemental Insurance

Is this your company?

Platinum Supplemental Insurance

Add a Review

Platinum Supplemental Insurance Employee Reviews about "great product"

Updated Oct 28, 2020

Found 6 of over 127 reviews

3.6
Platinum Supplemental Insurance Chief Executive Officer James Lange
James Lange

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Its an independent contractor job where you pay all your own expenses(even when you first start) and are paid through commission.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Long hours typically from 7:00am when you meet for team breakfast until you get back to the hotel for a team meeting at 11:00pm.(in 8 reviews)
  • "No benefits.(in 4 reviews)
  • "In other words, stealing from your family, and management does nothing about it.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Long days but the income is well worth it.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great product"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Unless you're an experienced salesman with tons of energy, then don't work here.

Mar 13, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Possible* to make TONS of money. EXCELLENT product. If you're experienced in sales and you're passionate about the product, then you can absolutely make lots of money.

Cons

They'll tell you that if you work hard and "follow the proven system" that you can make 100k+. In theory this is absolutely true. Then again, any sales job can promise that possibility. I can only speak for Texas. I was told over and over that I would work within 2-4 hours of my home. Then when it came time for me to begin, they told me I would have to drive 7 hours ONE WAY. They didn't understand why I was so upset. Agents are required to be at breakfast at 7am, and I was told that "to make money you shouldn't be back to the hotel before 10pm." This is a 15 hour day. It was over 100 degrees outside. There were hardly any houses to go to. My first week, with the entire team, there were only like 5 policies sold between like 6 people. Oh yes, tons of money rolling around there. My trainer was wonderful, but unless you are physically capable of driving up to 7 hours one way, working 15 hour days in over potentially 100 degree weather, you might want to seriously consider working somewhere else. The costs are astronomical, they'll give you "typical" numbers, but if you're driving 500 miles one way and having to stay in a hotel for 5 nights, well, their numbers are wrong. Their recruiters are salespeople too and they can spin a wonderful tale about Platinum, but I'm telling you, it's not for most people.

9 people found this review helpful

External Communications Specialist

Thank you for the opportunity to address this. We have provided your feedback to our personnel director for review.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

more training stop the cattle call hiring process

Feb 20, 2019 - Licensed Sales Agent in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, good team chemistry, positive team effort, good pay opportunity

Cons

Too much travel, weekly expenses high, Management has control of your leads, poor training

4 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. Our agents are independent sales representatives and travel typically four days a week (Monday—Thursday) within their state. We understand this isn’t the right fit for everyone, but many adapt for the opportunity for enhanced income, company support, three-day weekends and the other advantages you outlined. Weekly expenses are typical for independent contractors, and as a company, we do what we can to keep costs low and consider those in our compensation and bonus structures. Our representatives work specific territories and all leads within that territory belong to the assigned representative—team leaders help coordinate territories. Every company in our industry approaches training and support a little differently, and we have found that our representatives have the most success with personal preparation, pre-field training, hands-on training, team support and a structured sales system. We’re always interested in enhancing our training, and we hope you had a chance to provide more detailed feedback in your exit interview. We wish you well in your future career.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Pay and training is legit

Oct 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came to Platinum looking for an opportunity to increase my income and make a difference for my family. I was skeptical for sure, but after 3 weeks, I found that the money opportunity was real, the product and service we sell is real and the leadership was honest and trustworthy. The training and support is excellent. For those that simply follow the Platinum Process and stick to the verbiage, they will find the success. Beyond the financial rewards, helping families when they face illness is incredibly rewarding.

Cons

Traveling 4 days a week and getting used to the daily schedule is certainly an adjustment. It took a little while for me, my wife and my kids to get used to the travel, but the financial rewards far outweigh the sacrifice. Working full commission for the first time in my life was definitely and adjustment, but the Platinum process is simply fail proof --- when you do follow it!!

8 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Needs work

Apr 11, 2016 - Field Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

The trainers and team leads are very friendly and helpful at the meetings, the product is the best I've ever seen, the compensation is wonderful if you can make the sales. the teams that you're added to can be very supportive. the meetings are very informative.

Cons

For new hires the calls are 100% cold until you sale one on your own, even then currents may not be assigned. all expenses are 100% out of pocket, paid commission only (no sales-no money) the training received was focused on current customers, not cold calls.

7 people found this review helpful

External Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback about your training. Standard Platinum training should always include training in identifying qualified sales prospects. We are happy to hear that you've had an overall positive experience selling our high-quality products, earning top commission, and working alongside a good team and helpful team leaders.

5. 1.0
    Former Freelancer

Great Product - Nightmare Sales Job

Jul 18, 2016 - Insurance Sales Agent in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Again, they have a superior supplemental insurance product for cancer, heart attack and stroke.

Cons

Where do I start? Let me see....drive 250 miles to shack up in some flea bag hotel from MON to FRI with your "team" for the purpose of knocking on doors in a market that is as cold as a witch's you-know-what. They lie - THERE ARE NO COMPANY REFERRALS OR LEADS. Then forced to make the 7 am roll call each morning (which means you are up by 6 am after having worked until 9 pm each prior evening) even though your first attempt to knock doors is usually around 10 am. Then, even though you are a 1099 independent contractor and NOT a Platinum Supplement employee, you are forced to stay until 10 pm + on the Friday evening before being "Let go" by your team leader(s). Which means your 5 hour drive home puts you in your own bed (finally!) sometime in the wee hours of Saturday. You sleep until 1 pm and try and recover on Sunday so as to head out early Monday morning on your 5+ hour trip to a new hole-in-wall is some other god forsaken obscure corner of your home state. Sound like a four day work week to you? That's what they advertise. I quit after two months and am now making six figures working for a company that actually values its sales force - Lincoln Heritage. The absolute best sales opportunity in insurance that exists today. They're sending my wife and me to Kona (along with a hundred other agents) in October. Difference between Lincoln and Platinum is the difference between lightning and lightning bug. If you are considering this as a sales opportunity, do yourself a favor and RUN - like a scalded dog - RUN.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Not a good job for someone without a financial crutch and lots of spare time

Mar 15, 2021 - Licensed Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learn various aspects of health and life insurance, learn about the supplemental product and its advantages in your own life. Ed O. is very professional and trustworthy.

Cons

Very misleading job description, told you will work in your state and work in mostly other states instead, borderline dangerous to knock on random doors outside city limits in the dark alone, the script provided is very ingenuine and is rarely used verbatim, everything paid out of pocket for no income guaranteed. in essence the business model is " word of mouth marketing insurance in the country" in order to knock on doors where no city ordinances apply

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews